Search results

1. CH46E

Cabinet reconditioning links?

I'm sure its been covered. I'm having issues with the search function. Can anyone post some links to some cabinet restoration threads. I have some RSII the id really like to clean up and make shine again. They ain't bad, but they have been neglected. I'm thinking about a light...
  2. CH46E

JBL SR 4732 OR A

Has anyone done any critical listening on a pair of these? Just curious how they would do in a home audiophile system??? Thanks Chris
  3. CH46E

Infinity RS-1b shells. What to do with them?

When I picked up my RS-II the guy had these sitting near buy. I picked them up also as I thought I might be able to use them to help refurb the RS-II. Now I see they are not needed. What should I do with them. Are they worth anything?
  4. CH46E

RS-II issues. Someone messed them up!

I picked up a decent pair of RS-II. Not IIb. Someone disconnected the 1,600 uf caps on each speaker. One looks oem (big can cap) and the other is a huge stack of smaller caps. But both are disconnected. Anyone know why they may have done this? I do notice the lower woofer has minimal...
  5. CH46E

Carver TFM-45 is this normal?

Hey guys. I have a TFM45 that has just been refurbed. Can anyone tell me if this is normal during power up. I took a video to show the noise it makes when I turn it on. Here is a link. Thanks for some help.
  6. CH46E

IL300GWS PLEASE Help TS Parameters

By any chance does someone have the TS parameters for the Infinity 12 inch CMMD subwoofer IL300GWS? I'm pretty sure it was at least used in the IL60 and more. I'm wanting to get a 4x8 sheet of wood in the morning for the enclosure for the 12s. If no one has the TS, can someone give an...
  7. CH46E

Riviera Maya MX suggestions

Going to stay 7 nights at a 5 star all inclusive, 8 miles north of Playa Del Carmen. We are leaving next week. Was thinking of Tulum with Cenote and Reef snorkling. And Chitzinitza early am tour on a seperate day. (Viavator.com) We only want to excursions for our trip. Any...
  8. CH46E

Fair trade?? Parasound or Carver

So i have a Parasound 2250 v2 in mint condition. I was going to try and find someone to trade a Carver TFM-45 in good condition.. do you guys thinks its a fair trade? If not for who? Like i said my Parasound is mint and only 2 years old. Let me know what ya guy think please!
  9. CH46E

Quick update on some new gear. Polk/Parasound

Never thought I would do it, but I sold all my JBL in one single sale. The L80Ts, the L20t, the 4311bs the 2245s and the 116h3s. And 035tis. I came across some great deals on some vintage Polks. First I got the RTA12b in really good shape with some KEF K series bookshelf for $140. The...
  10. CH46E

Looking for Central Florida members.

I'm on Merritt Island near the Space center on the east coast. I was hopping there were some other members near by that would like to get together on accessions. BBQ, beer and music? Also being able to hear other rigs would be nice. Please let me know if you are local and want to get...
  11. CH46E

Amp suggestion for Polk SDA SRS 2

What would be an ideal amp for the polk SDA SRS 2. I have the cable for them. I seem to remember some older post talking about having a amp with or without some kind of grounding or something???? I've also seen they need a lot of power? If so I don't think my NAD 906 at 90 watts is...
  12. CH46E

JBL XPL or TIK

If you had a choice between the XPL 160 or the TI6K what would you choose and why? I have a unique opportunity. I've only heard the XPL 200 once and liked the dome mid. So I'd guess the 160 should be similar. Am I correct to think that either of the above mentioned speakers would far out...
  13. CH46E

My to do list for this year.

I have all the parts except the cabinet for a pair of JBL 4311B. I'd like to clean up the 2213h pair and build a box for them. Possibly keep them as a near field stereo set up. Of if I don't like them I'll sell or trade them. Next is to build a custom center channel from the L series...
  14. CH46E

Can someone measure a L60T for me please?

I just purchased a pair of 116h 1 and I have 3 extra 035ti, and have a 104h2. What I would like to know is if there is enough room next to and between the woofer and tweeter on the JBL L60t for a 104h2 to fit and be covered by the screen. I know it sounds weird but I also have an extra set...
  15. CH46E

Guy wants to trade me his JBL 4311b 's

I have my Parasound HCA750A amp on CL for sale or trade. A guy called today and offered to trade a pairs worth of drivers and crossovers with pots for my amp. No cabinets. I'm thinking I can shelf these until I come across some cabinets. I see them every so often. He is putting an ohm...
  16. CH46E

Should I trade for Infinity RS6001

A guy may want to trade for my Paradigm Monitor 7 v2 or my Polk Audio RM 7500 sat and center in piano black finish. I have my L80T that I really like and was looking for another 80's to mid 90's stereo speaker to enjoy. I see limited info on the rs6001. Can anyone tell me what to expect from...
  17. CH46E

Grounding a Yamaha RX-A1050 To Belkin PureAV

I noticed that my new Yamaha Aventage HTR only has a 2 prong plug. And, it fits super loose in the back of the receiver. I am going to try and spread the prongs on the receiver out a little to try and tighten up the connection. I was thinking that since it is a 2 prong plug there is no...
  18. CH46E

CH46E HT build thread.

This is just the start to my build. The wife is really upset with the hole in her closet right now! I just contacted a electrician to have a few things done. I found this write up from LOKIE on another forum while searching Google. This is what he said: "I was given this advice from...
  19. CH46E

Polk Audio LSi15

Anyone ever listened to a set? Just wondering if anyone could tell a little about how they sound?
  20. CH46E

Onkyo Accueq or Yamaha YPAO w/ RSC

I can get either one for the same price. Amp section is not important to me as I will use the pre outs. This will sub as a HTR and 2 channel system pre amp. I can get a SquareTrade 3 yr warranty free on the Onkyo (incase the HDMI issue comes back). I like the idea of the Yamaha RSC...
  21. CH46E

Your speakers and Tinnitus?

I've spent many years in Marine Rotary Wing Aviation and suffer from tinnitus. Hence my screen name. Also of course I like to listen to music a little too loud sometimes. So have you guys any experience with minimizing the effects of tinnitus? Does your tinnitus bother you while listening...
  22. CH46E

JBL 4345 question

Can anyone help me understand this. After reading the spec sheet I'm even more confused. Are these 4 way speakers. I'm confused by the lens and horn numbers. Is there a driver behind the lens? http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/4345.pdf On the specs (last) page it shows Low...
  23. CH46E

High Low Converter

Can anyone recommend a good cost effective Hi-Low converter? I would like to use one of my amps with my Denon AVR791. It does not have a pre outs. I hate the way it sound but I have to use it for the HDMI out. Otherwise I would still be using my older D912K Pioneer. I did order a...
  24. CH46E

JBL 2245H for HT sub wood working time.

I am ordering the recone kit in the morning for one of the two subs. I want to get building asap the cabinet for this driver. It will be front and center under the tv. Plenty of room. I would prefer the box not be more than 24 inches front to back/deep in other words not sticking out...
  25. CH46E

Jbl 2241h

Do you guys think the 18 inch JBL 2241H would make a good driver for a HT subwoofer? I ask because I see that their response range looks to be 30hz to 2K. Is 30Hz low enough for HT use? I see several on the bay that are rated as 8 ohms but has dcr reading in the 5 to 6 ohm range...
Back
Top Bottom