Search results

1. V

Best Blueooth Amp at $200?

Now that I have a stack of no longer working properly Vintage Amps.. thinking of getting something new. Can anyone recommend a good stereo amp with Bluetooth for around $200? I'm just going to be streaming audio from my phone to my Sansui AS300 speakers. They're 3-way acoustic suspension boxes...
  2. V

Looking for reasonable priced knives.

I second everything being said. Build the collection 1 knife at a time. If it was me, I'd probably blow most of the budget on a VG-10 Chefs knife, that alone will handle most of kitchen duties. Followed by a decent cleaver, pairing knife, or fillet knife, which ever I would use most. Buy a...
  3. V

Anybody else's Comcast bill explode recently???

Seems you definitely got hit with a promo. Always read the fine print, you'll see sometimes the prices will raise 2-3 times over the course of 1-2 years, and the final price is usually not disclosed as it "depends on current rates in your area" lol. Even if you do read the fine print, it's...
  4. V

Exorcist: The Series

So far it's been alright. They had some pretty scary scenes first 3 episodes, but it hasn't been nightmare inducing.. which is good lol.
  5. V

Best surround sound movies

I remember watching Band of Brothers years ago on my old Logitech system lol. That had great surround sound effects. Bullets flying across the room, motors exploding behind you, etc.
  6. V

Affordable used speakers I can get?

Have you ever had a pair of full size 3-ways? That could be something fun, specially if your into craigslist shopping. I found a pair of Timeframe TF600 for $100, and my Sansui AS300 for $140.
  7. V

Ideas needed, what would you do with a 24" woofer?

Just build the biggest dam powered sub ever. Some kinda insane 3ft cubed box, down firing with a rear port lol.
  8. V

Anyone notice the headphone bandwagon?

Headphones blew up when it became a fashion accessory to have them on you. Younger kids who grew up with ipods/walkmen/ are entering the job market and many tech jobs let you wear headphones at work.. At my previous job majority of people were in their 20s.. we all had a pair of headphones so we...
  9. V

10 by 20 room setup

My preference is always long wall. I like having the widest possible sound stage as it helps it feel more like a performance.
  10. V

Do you keep your speaker grilles off?

Grills on. You want the wave dispersion don't you?
  11. V

JBL L100 x4 $1250 OBO...

I think it's a fair market price. I've listened to a pair of JBL 4311b, cousins to these, a while back. They sound good, but imho the prices seem quite steep for the sound when I consider what also can be available for that price.
  12. V

Anyone using Deezer Elite?

Saw this earlier today that Deezer Elite streams lossless. Says you have to use it through Sonos.. not sure what that is, but will look into it more when I get home. Anyone have experience with it?
  13. V

Misbehaving Sansui 4900 Amp

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/exclusively-sansui.39/ I hope you find a fix! I have a 4900z as well, it's a pretty sweet sounding amp : ) But keep in mind, the Z series isn't too coveted, so you may be able to find a replacement pretty cheaply.
  14. V

Turn DCM Timeframes into Art Pieces?

Thanks, velcro probably would be a better option now that I think about it. It would be easier to set the tension and remove as needed. I haven't really settled on a pattern yet, probably won't be ordering till some other things are settled. But, I've gotten the DCM's positioned so they...
  15. V

Turn DCM Timeframes into Art Pieces?

So I've just acquired some TF600s.. And, I'm thinking they aren't exactly pretty to look at lol. I'm wondering if I can buy something like this.. http://www.redbubble.com/people/biancagreen/works/14636991-superstar-new-york?p=scarf&ref=work_carousel_work_recommendation And just wrap the art...
  16. V

Please suggest veneer for amplifier cover

Some other cool options. Burl Veneer Pattern Crotch Veneer Pattern A fancy face design using Alder and Oak around the edges. You can also never go wrong with clean dark glossy Walnut. Always sophisticated. Personally.. I think a Dark Walnut Burl would certainly stand out.
  17. V

Doughnuts?

Theres a shop near me called Donut King. Massive variety, made in store, rotating selectiing of specialities. Cake donuts n normal. 2 dozen of any for like 14$-20$
  18. V

Windows 10: Where Do You Use It?

Win 8 at work, Win 7 at home. Our machines are very slow, the upgrade to win10 did not go well on the few who attempted. For my personal PC, It was built at the tail end of 2010, with win7, and i7 and 16gb ram. It still runs smooth, and games fine, I have no reason to upgrade to win10 anytime...
  19. V

ADS L1290 II - $250

haha, Congratz dude! Please do share how they sound!!
  20. V

ADS L1290 II - $250

I cant buy em :( . trying to get a house lol. I posted so one of yall would lol.
  21. V

How much to pack speakers?

Uship is a funny one, some guys are on there running a legitimate shipping business, others are looking for some side money.
  22. V

ADS L1290 II - $250

I know some of ya are searching for these. http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/5794079478.html
  23. V

Judging used condition of DCM TF600s?

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll use your suggestion of installing the Goldwoods in the rear and keep 3 originals. I'll be purchasing a condo within the next few months. These Timeframes really do seem like they'll be better suited to Living Room duty. I'll keep my Sansui's in my bedroom or...
  24. V

Also.. A Wooden Spatula is PERFECT for removing the top lol.
  25. V

Alright.. So. I had to go inside lol. The Crossovers were touched up with some contact cleaner and no difference. I pulled one of the Side Tweeters and placed it in the front position and it started playing. I placed the blow tweeter to the outside slot, now both rear tweets won't play. I...
Back
Top Bottom