Search results

1. maicomutt

A cheap receiver for my workshop

I have a Pioneer SX-440 in my shop meets your requirments, sounds great looks great. You can get a decent one for anywhere from 50 bucks an up,built like tanks, lights are usually the only issue and you can remedy that for another 17 bucks
  2. maicomutt

Wharfedale Owners Thread

Hello, can't offer advice as to why your bass is lacking but can only offer that after installing the Russian PIO's in my W-90's I wasn't sure that I heard a sonic improvement, that is until near the 100 hr. mark. Much improved across the spectrum especially the bass, tighter, stronger. I have...
  3. maicomutt

W 90,70, and 60 Woofers?

Thank you much, just the answer I was looking for.
  4. maicomutt

W 90,70, and 60 Woofers?

Can anyone tell me if the Red Alnico woofers in a W90 are the same as the Alnicos in either the W70 or 60? Ohm wise or whatnot? Have an early set of W90s and all four woofers are the PST bung type, they sound great as are but being a hopeless tweaker I have been curious to try changing out one...
  5. maicomutt

SX 737/ Jolida SJ 202A / PL 510A/ Sumiko Pearl/ Budgie Phono Pre/ '64 Wharfedale W90/ EPI 200B/...

SX 737/ Jolida SJ 202A / PL 510A/ Sumiko Pearl/ Budgie Phono Pre/ '64 Wharfedale W90/ EPI 200B/ Sansui SP 2500/ '63 Koronette Console
  6. maicomutt

What do I need to know about long cable runs?

Hello all, what's your advice for this set up please? Will be streaming Tidal through a Schitt Modi 2 from my desktop that is 25' from my system. Wireless is not an option nor is moving any of the components. Which would be a better option, Modi at the desktop with short USB run and 25' of RCA...
  7. maicomutt

SX 737/ Jolida SJ 202A / PL 510A/ Sumiko Pearl/ Budgie Phono Pre/ '64 Wharfedale W90/ EPI...

SX 737/ Jolida SJ 202A / PL 510A/ Sumiko Pearl/ Budgie Phono Pre/ '64 Wharfedale W90/ EPI 200B/ Sansui SP 2500/ '63 Koronette Console
  8. maicomutt

Vintage Wharfedales And Modern Tube Gear - Who's Done It?

Hello all, just past the 200 hr mark on my '63 W90's run off a Jolida SJ202 40w/channel Svetlana EL34's and NOS RFT pre amp tubes. The Wharfdales sound great through my SX737 but through the Jolida..well.. my speaker search is over! Still havent even re capped yet.
  9. maicomutt

Hello from Ohio

Thank you yoppa, nice avatar, I ride a Shovelhead myself. Aloha! Billy. yes on 71 halfway between Cleveland and Columbus. Hello Mark, yes indeed on The Maico,back in the day they are like gold now! and still fragile. Switched to vintage mx a few years ago and now carry on with a '80 Husky CR...
  10. maicomutt

Hello from Ohio

Hello all, Have learned much from AK in the past month since I thought I might make time to get back into music, music as I once knew it. Since I myself am "vintage" seemed only natural to start where left off. I am a complete technical newb in this field, as I knew the sound I liked but...
Back
Top Bottom