Search results

1. DeeCee

Bobby Caldwell Passed at 71... RIP

Just found that Bobby Caldwell died. His song "What You Won't Do for Love" was major! RIP. https://www.tmz.com/2023/03/15/bobby-caldwell-dead-dies-what-you-wont-do-for-love/
  2. DeeCee

Ramsey Lewis died Sept 12, 2022

I was flabbergasted to find Ramsey Lewis passed! I recall as a kid constantly hearing his version of the In-Crowd. Also, later in his career there was Sun Goddess with Earth Wind and Fire. Never saw it on the news or here. RIP.
  3. DeeCee

RIP. Peter Scolari

Just found out that Peter Scolari, of Bosom Buddies and Newhart fame, died from cancer at age 66. So talented and funny! Too sad...
  4. DeeCee

Collaborative Performance/Different Albums/Same Song

I found it interesting that the song "Sun Goddess" was a collaborative effort by Ramsey Lewis and Earth Wind and Fire (great song by the way) was on 2 separate albums by them. EWF - Gratitude and Ramsey Lewis - Sun Goddess. I wonder how many others have done the EXACT same release on separate...
  5. DeeCee

Ron Bell (Kool & The Gang) Passed...

Ron Bell co-founder of Kool and The Gang has passed. This group has had amazing longevity and went from Jazz to R&B to disco to pop effortlessly. I just recently bought their limited edition white vinyl copy of their "Collected" album. RIP.
  6. DeeCee

Aretha Franklin Passes at 76

RIP, Aretha the true Queen of Soul.
  7. DeeCee

Science Fiction Fans - Harlan Ellison Died

Bad, bad news, I was a major fan of his. After reading the short story "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream", I literally bought every book I could find by him (well, what I could afford)\ I have never read a person that could project emotional imagery like he could. His original screenplay for...
  8. DeeCee

RIP: Ursula K LeGuin - Science Fiction/Fantasy Author

Saddened to hear one of my favorite sci-fi authors passed. Excellent writer with titles such as The Left Hand of Darkness, Wizard of Earthsea series, The Dispossessed, The Lathe of Heaven, etc. I actually had the privilege of chatting with her briefly while attending Portland State University...
  9. DeeCee

Just heard that Chuck Loeb Passed... RIP

Wow, I just heard about this and it seems like there was no reporting of this hardly anywhere. Although I've never collected any music from him, he was always on my list to "check out", especially since he had joined Fourplay a few years back. He unfortunately passed from cancer. RIP...
  10. DeeCee

Who doesn't like a good story?

Even though I may not like the music in a few cases, I do like a good story that runs through an entire album. Examples are like Don Fagen's Kamakiriad, Rush - 2112, etc. Even Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. Any favorite storytelling theme (concept?) albums you like (not necessarily a...
  11. DeeCee

That song is terrible... Play it again!

Similar to a guilty pleasure, sometimes I like songs that are done by terrible singers. I'll start: The Intruders - Cowboys to Girls... Loved this song but the lead can't carry a tune in a bucket. Ok, your turn - confess!
  12. DeeCee

Decloaking...

Decided to join up and see what's up... I usually hang out in audioasylum and my moniker is the same there (DeeCee). Currently been in Orlando FL USA for the past 15 years or so and prior to that was from Portland OR. Been playing with audio since I was 12 or 13 (started with a raw...
Back
Top Bottom