Search results

1. 3

Volume Control

Scott 299 preamp. Turn Loudness control down to lowest setting but volume stays at high level. How do I diagnose? What do I look for?
  2. 3

Scott 130 preamplifier

Working on a Scott 130 preamplifier. Main issue is very low signal on Channel B. Have traced good signal to the 2nd amplifier stage (Pin 7 of 12AU7 grid) but after that lies the problem. Have questions on attached schematic –notes 1 & 2 with yellow circles. Note 1 – C27 is shown on Channel...
  3. 3

Uneven Balance - Scott 130 Preamplifier

Feel kind of stupid on this one. After completely re-capping, re-tubing bad tubes, cleaning tube sockets and controls on this Scott 130, find I have uneven balance with balance control in center position--one channel substantially louder than the other. When I reverse the output channels with...
  4. 3

Sherwood S-1060 Amplifier Restoration

I’ve had a pair of very rare Sherwood Mono Integrated Amps in storage for many years after purchasing from who knows where. These put out 60 watts of audio from 6 – 7189s. I recently commenced the process of restoring one of these and have some questions but first will describe what I have...
  5. 3

Original caps in HF-85

We all know there is good reason to replace old capacitors in old audio tube equipment and we do so faithfully because we know old capacitors deteriorate with age—and originals just never sound as good as modern replacements—not always true and I will share an exception. For years I have run an...
  6. 3

Sherwood S-1060 Amplifier

I have had this 60 watt (6 - 7189 output tubes) mono amplifier in storage for many years and am now looking to restore it. While pretty typical for an amplifier, the schematic shows that it has some 2000 mmf 1400 volt caps. Just wondering what I should use for replacements. I'm not aware of...
  7. 3

299B Resoration Quandry

Trying to get my 2nd 299B working after finishing first one successfully. Have read all the AK treads I can find about 299Bs--and there are many good ones. Began by replacing selenium rectifier with a bridge rectifier and replacing first resistor off bridge, R126, with a 30 ohm 10 watt...
  8. 3

Scott 130 Preamp

Just dug this out of long term storage & tested by bringing up first with Variac. One channel not working. V101 does not light up. Plate 6 test at 240 volts (vs. 115 v normal). Same with Plate 1. Same plates on V1 test a lot closer to normal but a little high. Have not replaced selenium...
  9. 3

Help needed on 500C restoration

Hi, I’m on my 2nd 500C restoration using a Metalbone kit. Before I began parts replacement, the set played—both R & L sides had excellent audio on original components. After each segment of cap replacement, I tested the set. Doesn’t appear I made any mistakes When I was all done, set...
  10. 3

Amazing Original 500C Sound

After success with my first 500C restoration thanks to help from knowledgeable people on this forum, I pulled out the 2nd of 3 of these I've had in storage for many years. It's serial No. is in the 55K range. A heavy layer of tar and nicotine covered the chassis. So, my first order of business...
  11. 3

Fisher 500C Right Channel Distortion

I know there are many posts on this & I've read as many as I can find. I learned a lot from these--but still unable to solve my problem. Just completed Metalbone kit restoration following his very good instructions & includes C97 replacement. Have also replaced C92 & C98. C91 OK. Checked...
Back
Top Bottom