Search results

1. Punker X

Recapping and FM tuner station issue on Technics SA-5360

This forum is for tuners or the radio section of your receiver. Questions and discussion related to your pre and amplifier sections by get more attention in the solid state or general forum.
  2. Punker X

Do I want HD Radio?

OP need to clarify. Higher quality FM music. If you want content then HD can give you more options. If he means Fidelity of the music that is quite debatable. Analog guys hate it. If you have good reception of your HD station, you will have better dynamic range and it will be quieter. It will...
  3. Punker X

Just got an MR74 -- Amazing!

But it is a McIntosh. It's pretty and the build quality is great. I know on the bench with a modern generator and audio analyzer the measurements are better than this. Still not as good as TOTL Japanese.
  4. Punker X

Recapping and FM tuner station issue on Technics SA-5360

First problem, may not be a problem at all. Muting / squelch may be on an it's muting untuned and weak stations. There are typically adjustments for the level. Many tuners combine the mono and muting switch, so the only way to disable muting is to switch to mono. You would have to look at the...
  5. Punker X

Today's JAZZ playlist

6. Punker X

Today's JAZZ playlist

7. Punker X

Today's JAZZ playlist

8. Punker X

Today's JAZZ playlist

9. Punker X

Today's JAZZ playlist

10. Punker X

Bill Ammons Kenwood KT-8300 Dual IF Band Stereo Separation Control PCB

Not going to affect your selectivity. Will allow for an addition separation adjustment for Narrow. Means you will have better separation in narrow. Often tuners only adjust the wide. Because of the narrower bandpass, there will less separation. This adjustment help improve this. I've installed a...
  11. Punker X

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

12. Punker X

Just got an MR74 -- Amazing!

Don't think I've ever seen a McIntosh manual in PDF that the scat isn't in multiple pages. Even the ones I got directly from McIntosh. Maybe if you could find an original paper copy. Like everything McIntosh it will be pricy.
  13. Punker X

Today's JAZZ playlist

14. Punker X

Sansui TU717 Alignment

I've never checked it at 10khz. I've never seen a distortion spec at 10khz. Typically 400 or 1000hz. From the manual specs they only go up to 6khz. If the measurements were great at 10khz they would have probably published the feat. I think you are fine and being too picky.
  15. Punker X

First AK Fest was 20 years ago, Feb 21, 2004

Off by one letter. I knew his last name, but refrained from using it.
  16. Punker X

Has anyone seen this homemade sweep alignment instrument?

Also agree. Looks interesting. Wish I had time to go down a rabbit hole like that.
  17. Punker X

Sansui TU717 Alignment

Doubt sweep aligning a TU-717 would get you lower on the distortion. You may be fighting your gear and inexperience. .1% is probably "close enough". the difference between that and lower takes a practiced hand at adjusting or tweaking. Doubt most people if any would hear the difference. I had...
  18. Punker X

I have a shit memory and my be the worse person on remembering names. But here goes with what I remember. Dgwojo Bauhauser right behind Dmax and behind him barely visible is NOXValves echowars behind mr and ms Bot is Ski Tim P. forget his forum name.. Kam something Kamakari...
  19. Punker X

I don't think Thor was there.
  20. Punker X

Careful you might get erased from history
  21. Punker X

What record on what table are you listening to now.

Looked for a long time for this at a decent price. Eels -blinking lights and other revelations
  22. Punker X

Today's AMERICANA playlist.

23. Punker X

Today's JAZZ playlist

24. Punker X

Today's JAZZ playlist

25. Punker X

Nikko Gamma V Troubleshooting

If you loss the 12volts to the relay it will turn off. You need to go back to the muting circuits and troubleshoot. Manual at hifiengine is looks like crap and no owners manual. Memory is crap. Should be a mute defeat, sometimes combined with the stereo/mono switch. Example going to Mono defeats...
Back
Top Bottom