Search results

1. M

Replacement lamps for Marantz MR-235?

This is what I got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-LED-Fuse-Lamp-Marantz-Receiver-Tuner-2110-2130-2275-2270-2245-2285-2265-More-/262662555178?hash=item3d27e8862a:g:P8YAAOSwGeBXP2JS I can't get a link to the actual listing I bought mine from anymore, but those are the same. You'll see a lot of "cool...
  2. M

*Edit* Just realized the comment I replied to here was from 2014, and cant see a way to delete the reply,.
  3. M

SONY PS-4300--Is it worth repairing.

Try licking your finger and then hit start.
  4. M

I double check when I get home, but I'm fairly certain I got them on ebay.
  5. M

SONY PS-4300--Is it worth repairing.

I replaced all of the capacitors on the driver board and it's good as new. I think it cost me around $30 for the capacitors due to shipping. You have to find proper replacement caps because you won't be able to find the exact ones that are in there, and I had to order from 2 or 3 different sites...
  6. M

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

I also am trying to find a function generator. I just bought the Tektronix 465B you recommended, and I was wondering if the Tektronix CFG250 would be a good function generator? They're all over ebay for around $150. I also found a brand new Fluke 233 on CL for $150 that I'm picking up in a...
  7. M

replacements for Gemini crossover "cement" resistors?

My friend has 4 of these Gemini GSM-3200 speakers he bought on Craigslist. At least two of the speakers have the ceramic "cement" resistors broken off where the leads meet the body of the resistor. The values of the resistors are 100 watt 20 ohm 5% and 10 watt 75 ohm 5%, marked as 100W20RJ...
  8. M

Thanks. I swear it sounds better now with the lamps installed! :music: Lol... not really but I still had to put on some tunes while I looked at the pretty lights.
  9. M

Here she is Got my bulbs in yesterday and just got them installed. It was actually a pretty painless procedure, although I had to cheat a bit to get one installed with no "surgery". The other 3 were all easily accessible. I don't know if they're all like this, but these LEDs seemed to be...
  10. M

Hmm... learn something new every day. I had no idea you could buy "glass dye". And thanks for the tip on the two middle bulbs, I'll definitely go that route if it looks to be the easiest way. I think I'll just go with the white LEDs. Everyone that uses them seems to be pretty happy, and...
  11. M

I recently acquired this receiver and when I took it apart my 1st thought was "wait... where the heck are the lamps?". That's when I noticed 4 fuses mounted in odd spots. I figured these must be the lamps, so I pulled the ones on each end of the unit since they didn't require any more...
  12. M

Sonicaps (Gen I) vs Auricaps?

I'm always cynical of "anecdotal claims". I used to work for a small company that had two "service trucks" (actually mini vans) that would break down from time to time. My boss was a huge cheap skate and when a van broke down, we'd resort to google if the problem wasn't obvious. On more than one...
  13. M

As that guy said, you're better off following advice by guys like Ken Kantor. If you google his name you will see that he is very qualified in giving advice on this matter. I myself have a very basic understanding of electronics. All I can say is that the capacitors I installed on my speakers...
  14. M

I get what you're saying, but I will lean more towards the advice of someone that is an "expert" in the field over another random novice like myself. The problem is people who are novices will purport to be experts based on advice they have received from other novices online and act as if they...
  15. M

I tell you what Ken, one of my problems with online forums is that everyone posts as if they are an expert, whether they really know what they're talking about or just regurgitating what they've read online. I read a little about you on your blog, and then your wiki page, and a little...
  16. M

Yeah, those are the ones I was talking about... anyone that buys those for speaker crossovers has way more money than sense. I'm very happy with my speakers now with the caps I used, and I'm glad they made the mistake since I saved about $30 or so. I'm not real big on country music, but I...
  17. M

I had a feeling, which is why I just said screw it and installed what they sent me. Just out of curiosity, what is it you do for a living? oooooh wait... your the guy that has that uncompleted blog post about caps (just noticed your username). I really hope you find the time to finish that...
  18. M

Yes, with a lot of differing opinions on the matter, I figured I'd just install the sonicaps and see how it went.
  19. M

So I made a comment before that I wondered if the "burn in" time on caps could just be a side effect of people getting used to the difference in sound over time... That being said, I am now a believer in it. I no longer feel like I need a sub, and my speakers sound great! I did buy a yamaha...
  20. M

I don't remember the full thread anymore, so not sure if this reply was directed at me, but I wasn't worried about the cost of the auricaps... that was what I meant to buy. They didn't get my initial fax with my order, and when I ordered through email I forgot to specify auricaps (although I did...
  21. M

Old vs. new vinyl pressings, and the amount of pops and clicks.

I experienced this as well, I bought a record "locally" while out of town. I didn't actually have a TT at the time, but was planning on getting one. The 1st time I played it, it had a pretty bad warp to it, and I thought it was because I'd stored it lying down rather than upright. It doesn't...
  22. M

Dual 601 that doesn't spin up (advice?)

*Never mind didn't get it*
  23. M

Picking a subwoofer

What kind of turntable is that Kingshead?
  24. M

Picking a subwoofer

yeah, that's the one I was looking at. Just wasn't sure if that's the one he was talking about.
  25. M

Picking a subwoofer

Are the new one's you're talking about the ones that go down to 25hz and cost $129.00?
Back
Top Bottom