Search results

1. GP Hill

I’m getting the upgrade bug!

Right now I have a C47/ MC452 combination with a HiFi Rose 150b streamer/dac, a Rega P8, a nicely restored and modded a MR74. I’m seriously considering a new preamp and I’m thinking about the C2700. Anyone made the leap from a SS to this tube pre? Also since I don’t need a Dac would I be just as...
  2. GP Hill

C47 help

I’ve got a C47 paired with my MC452 and generally like it. Yesterday I put a record on my tt and immediately noticed that the right channel wasn’t working. Checked all the connections, wires to the cart, iC’s at the preamp. My turntable is a Rega P8 with an Alpheta 2. Was plugged into the MC...
  3. GP Hill

Sound Smith Zephyr mk 3?

I’m looking at a new zephyr for my Td 124. The table has been restored and has a SME M2-9 tonearm. The rest of my gear is a McIntosh C47 preamp, MC452 amp, Aerial 7t speakers. This would be the high output version of the cart playing through the MM phono stage in my preamp. Previously I had an...
  4. GP Hill

MR 74

Finally got my MR 74 going. I’ve only had this thing for 6 months, but life got in the way. Punker X aka Mike restored and modified this baby and it’s beautiful as well as sweet sounding. I’m using this with a C47 and a MC452. Aerial 7t speakers.
  5. GP Hill

New MR 74

New tuner from Mike at Radio X tuners. It looks brand new and Mike says it may be the best sounding Mac tuner he has ever done. I’ll get it plugged in and try it later today.
  6. GP Hill

Rega P8 with Alpheta 2 cart?

I’m thinking about a new turntable and this Rega looks pretty good, and looks even better with the Alpheta 2 cart. It’s a little bit over 4K complete. Anyone have experience with this combination or anyone have this table?
  7. GP Hill

Logging in?

Why do I have to log in every time I want to visit the site? It use to recognize me. Pain in the butt.
  8. GP Hill

Starting from scratch

Lately I’ve been thinking about a new house, either buying an existing place or building one. If you could do a listening room from either new construction or remodel what would you do? Fairly substantial budget over and above the basic construction costs. What size? What material on walls and...
  9. GP Hill

C47 phono stage

How do you guys rate the phono stage of the C47? I’m using mine with an Art 9 cartridge, an SME M2-9 arm, and a nicely restored TD 124. I think it sounds pretty good, but my only reference is an inexpensive Vista Audio preamp. Would a higher end preamp be a big improvement?
  10. GP Hill

Analysis plus oval 9’s vs. Kimber 8tc speaker cables

ive decided to try some new speaker cables in my system, and I’ve narrowed it down to these two. Right now I’ve got bjc 10 ga. cables and they seem fine but the bug has bitten me. I would like some opinions on these two cables. Don’t confuse me with others that are way better for half the price...
  11. GP Hill

A little help with my TD 124.

Today I put a record on my turntable and was looking at the strobe to make sure the speed was where it needed to be. Couldn’t see any of the little black rectangles that allow you to use the dial to get the speed perfect. It’s been around 3 or 4 years since I’ve had this table apart. I took the...
  12. GP Hill

Need help on C47

Today I was listening to my MC452, C47, and Mr74 tuner and everything was great. I run a couple of errands and I noticed when I got home the music isn’t playing and I notice my stereo is in standby mode. My girl friend said she turned it down and now no sound comes from my speakers plus the...
  13. GP Hill

Tidal Masters?

Anyone streaming Tidal Masters? I pay for Tidal hifi and can get the masters recordings, however I think I need a computer to be able to stream masters, instead of using my iPad. Is there a big difference? My new preamp is a McIntosh C47 which has a really nice dac and is capable of things that...
  14. GP Hill

Trouble with Tidal

I can’t get my iPad to connect to Tidal. When I click on the Tidal app it just says that I am not connected and to click to retry. When I try and click nothing happens. I’ve never had this problem before. Any suggestions?
  15. GP Hill

Audio Rack in Pickens SC

I’m looking for contact info for a guy in Pickens county South Carolina that does custom audio racks. He had an ad up on Audiogon but it’s gone now. Does anyone know who this is and how to reach him? Thanks in advance.
  16. GP Hill

C 47 on the way.

Wednesday I ordered a new C 47 to go with ny MC 452. I’ve been running my 452 with the pre amp part of my Vincent integrated and it sounds really nice. Can’t wait to get the 47. It’s going to be a couple of weeks, I’ll keep you all updated.
  17. GP Hill

My new MC 452

I’ve finally had a chance to really listen to my new amp and I have to say it’s impressive. I’m listening to Jackson Browne, “ the Pretender”, at pretty high volume and I’ve never heard my Aerial 7t’s scound like this. The bass notes, the drum strikes are just amazing, the presence of the music...
  18. GP Hill

I’m about ready to move into some Mac gear!

I posted a thread in the speaker section of AK the other day asking how my Aerial 7t speakers would perform with a bunch of added power. Right now I’m using a Vincent sv 237 hybrid integrated amp and it sounds very nice with 150w@ 8 ohms and 250w @ 4 ohms. At higher listening volumes I think the...
  19. GP Hill

Opinion on power for my Aerial 7t speakers?

i love my speakers. They do everything right and sound delicious. I’m running them with a Vincent SV-237 integrated amp that’s 150w per channel at 8 ohms and 250 w at 4 ohms. The speakers are 4 ohm with 88db sensitivity. I’ve been looking around at several things in the last few months with...
  20. GP Hill

Saw one of these in person today.

Guess where I was!
  21. GP Hill

Usb cable differences?

Ive got my new Topping D50 dac hooked up and it sounds great. I’m using a generic 15’ usb cable from Amazon and was wondering how much if any a mid range usb cable, say up to $200, would improve the sound, if any. I’m not trying to start a pissing contest, just interested in folks who have...
  22. GP Hill

Bought some new speaker cables tonight.

I’ve been a skeptic of spending much money on cables. Right now my in my system I have the BJ C 10 gauge speaker wires/ I got an email from Music Direct and they had the Audioquest cv-4 cables for 50% off So I decided to take a chance and ordered a 12’ pair. I can always return them if I don’t...
  23. GP Hill

Need some help.

I’m thinking it might be time for an external DAC. My system is a Vincent sv-237 integrated amp, Aerial 7t speakers, a Thorens TD 124 turntable with a SME M2-9 tonearm, an AT Art 9 cartridge, a Kenwood KT-815 tuner and an Onkyo CD 7030. For about 6 months I’ve been streaming Tidal HiFi through...
  24. GP Hill

Soundstage and imaging!

The other night I was sitting on the sofa with my girlfriend and we were having a drink, after dinner and listening to music. I was streaming Tidal high rez and we were listening to this male/female duet, she and him. My girlfriend looked at me kind of quizzically and said the music is in the...
  25. GP Hill

Aerial 7t update

I've been playing with speaker placement today and have been successful in improving the sound in my room. All I did was get out Jim Smith's book "Get Better Sound" and looked at his tips on speaker placement. Man ,talk about a big improvement. I'm listening to Linda Rondstat's "Lush Life "...
Back
Top Bottom