Search results

1. SeattleHiFi

Yamaha Love

My Yamaha AS1100 has been one of the single best components I have experienced in my hi-fi journey thus far. It is a stunning balance between clarity, warmth, and audio truth. The on board phono stage is exceedingly excellent, and as a primarily vinyl minded music lover I deeply appreciate the...
  2. SeattleHiFi

McIntosh MA5300

New update to the MA5200. At first glance it doesn't seem to be much of an update, outside the digital dac module... Also looks like they added Bass/Treble controls, but only through the push button menu. I really wish they would add dedicated knobs...
  3. SeattleHiFi

Starting over?

I have been steadily becoming more focussed on sound and performance in the last 5 years. I have learned a lot and enjoyed a lot from experimentation. But this last 6 months or so, I feel like I have lost my way. I don't enjoy music as much anymore, and find myself looking for ways to fiddle...
  4. SeattleHiFi

Having MR77 serviced - what should be done?

Hi Bringing my trusty Mcintosh MR77 for an alignment, bulb replacement, and general checkup to a the Mc Certified tech out here. Since I don't know much about about tuners, and because there are just some super knowledgable Mc people on this forum, I was wondering if there is any specifics I...
  5. SeattleHiFi

MR77 bulb replacement - using 1847 for 1866

Hello all My MR77 tuner tuning strength meter bulb is out. I have some leftover #1847 bulbs from replacing bulbs on my old MC2105 and while i am removing the bottom plate, I would like to replace the front panel bulbs too. The service manual calls for #1847 for meters, which I presume is for...
  6. SeattleHiFi

Strange Cartridge ground issue -

Hi all I just installed a lovely Ortofon Quintet Bronze on my Michell Tecnodec/Tecnoarm. It is sounding amazing and is a really significant step up from the 2M bronze I have been using the last year. However, I have quite a strange grounding type issue that is fairly minimal, and seems to only...
  7. SeattleHiFi

KT 88 Bias problems

Hello Ive just recently installed a brand new set of Gold Lion KT88 power tubes in my Line Magnetic 216ia. I am absolutely in love with sound of these tubes, however There is some strange behavior with the bias on them. Bought from upscale audio, so they come from a reliable source...
  8. SeattleHiFi

Matching Speaker impedance to Amplifier

I have a question for those of you on the forum with more experience using tube amps than I! I tried my Speakers the other night out of the 4ohm tap on my Line Magnetic 216 kt88 based amp. I loved the way it sounded. Particularly bass was much tighter (more definition and impact). I also...
  9. SeattleHiFi

Power Supply for Phono Preamp - Graham Slee

Hi My power supply for the Gram Amp 2 Special Edition has toasted. I'm looking for a replacement that doesn't cost what the PSU 1 does. Any suggestions?
  10. SeattleHiFi

Going to demo Line Magnetic 216

I'm highly excited about going to demo the Line Magnetic 216 amplifier tomorrow at Eugene HiFi's new space in portland. I've heard great things about the LM stuff, and also very good things about Eugene HiFi! If it strikes my fancy, it will be replacing my Mcintosh C33 preamp/integrated...
  11. SeattleHiFi

Dynavector 10x5 on SME 3009?

As the title says I'm thinking of putting a dynavector 10x5 in my SME 3009 Improved with detachable headshell (effective mass 9.5 grams according to vinyl engine). Anyone out here working with this combo? I'm looking for more excitement and stimulation than my shure v15xmr is giving me (yes I've...
  12. SeattleHiFi

Rediscovering headphone magic

Finally got the replacement parts I Needed for my sennheiser HD600's and am listening to some vinyl rips through my Apogee Duet 2. Absolutely wonderful, I've forgotten how awesome headphones can be, even though I frequently listen to AAC files on my iphone through half way decent ear phones...
  13. SeattleHiFi

Using C33 for just phono stage

Is it possible to use the c33 preamp into another integrated amp for just the phono stage? Two scenarios I'd like to try are connecting the c33 so I'm able to use the volume and tone controls into an integrated amp line stage. And bypassing volume plus tone controls into an integrated line...
  14. SeattleHiFi

Rogue Cronus Magnum - advice sought

Hi all. I've been super interested in getting into tube gear the last year or so. I'm currently highly interested by the rogue cronus magnum, considering it's outstanding reputation and affordability. My real concern is the phono stage, which most people say is 'decent'. I'm currently running...
  15. SeattleHiFi

Dahlquist DQM 9

Hi all My awesome dahlquist dqm 9 speakers have developed a small problem. First, the crossover upgrade kit from regnar was installed about 10 years. At that the time the woofers were re surrounded (not by regnar I believe.) They still sound wonderful! Except the right woofer has developed a...
  16. SeattleHiFi

C33 phono stage!

Recently I've been experimenting with the three phono stages I have in my apartment. The two in my c33, and a graham slee reflex era gold with psu1 power supply. I switch between phono 1 and the graham every so often, both have qualities I really like. Today I decided to try the phono 2 input on...
  17. SeattleHiFi

Vintage Mcintosh Separates or New Integrated?

I thought I'd pose the question to you all here about my current consideration. I've had my Mcintosh C33 and Mc2105 for about 4 years. I am considering the idea of replacing them with an integrated like the MA6600, or the MA6700. Mcintosh new separates are out of the question financially...
  18. SeattleHiFi

Mc2105 issue

On turn on it is sending a signal (somewhat sporadically) to the woofer and causing pretty significant woofer excursion. This has happened in both 'direct' and 'normal' coupling (switch on back). Also a few times I have turned the speaker switch to off the meters both rise up to about -5db and...
Back
Top Bottom