Search results

1. woofmytweets

Preamp Quandary

literally this is the entire job of the phono preamp - to bring the signal from the turntable cartridge to the same standard as the other sources.
  2. woofmytweets

Things you don't see anymore.

still availabe in China?
  3. woofmytweets

Pro Hamburger Eaters ?

ill just leave this here. make the sauce, guys
  4. woofmytweets

My New Swiss Army Knife

one of my favorite things about them is the lifetime warranty, i bought this beauty for $1 CDN with a broken large blade (as in snapped off) and missing one scale. they sent it back polished with all parts replaced free of charge.
  5. woofmytweets

Am I being too picky about custom built amp cabinets?

i have to throw my hat in to the 'not good enough' pile. for $330, presumably USD, you could have gone with solid hardwood, thus eliminating the veneer entirely. that being said, a good carpenter might charge a bit more, like not too hard to find someone who could do a good job in that price...
  6. woofmytweets

Newly acquired McIntosh gear. MC2205 MR78 C28 and MCD 7005

its been serviced, i did not do a wholesale replacement of all the electrolytics or anything that grand....although i still might, it was in working shape when i got it. i've also changed the speaker relay which was going.....never tried anything other than the 8-ohm taps.
  7. woofmytweets

Newly acquired McIntosh gear. MC2205 MR78 C28 and MCD 7005

2205 is a 200 watt per channel amp. should drive most any speaker you throw at it. i have one i'm listening to right now, driving some modern Monitor towers. it's too bad they smashed the glass throwing speakers at it....replacement glass was around $300 per machine last i looked. i'd keep...
  8. woofmytweets

I warn people - constantly - but some folks do not listen...

its very true that today's sucessful mechanic has to wear a few more hats....elechicken, confuser expert....but there are shops out there. i think the most key thing is a love of the craft and desire to produce superior results. this is why it's hard to find a good one.
  9. woofmytweets

I warn people - constantly - but some folks do not listen...

as someone in the service industry, i've resigned myself to find a good mechanic, and then sometimes, you just gotta pay him for an oil change. it's an easy job for him, which keeps him happy, and sure it costs a bit more - but i know it's done right & with care.
  10. woofmytweets

How many buttons/switches do you have to throw to turn your system on?

well, now, i don't wish to upset you, my point was that unless you're going to not use google search, a credit card, a smartphone, the internet, or anything of that ilk - there's going to be some amount of data on you that's gathered. i work with computers every day, and i'm quite certain...
  11. woofmytweets

Interesting old school stuff you still use.

i'm not sure whether to be disappointed or pleased that not one of you posted a picture of his wife.
  12. woofmytweets

I'm stepping down

Will you still be moderating the Yorx subforum? good luck, and thanks for all the fish
  13. woofmytweets

Volume R vs L not the same, I suspect the amplifier

you don't specifiy whether you switched the input or the output wires, but it sounds like you switched the output and the problem switched sides, so that eliminates a problem with the speakers. looks like this is a vintage reciever. i might try spinning the balance control knob around for a...
  14. woofmytweets

not really. you need a logitech harmony hub, their elite version controls up to 16 devices. then you integrate it with google home from the google home app on your phone. if you think you have any privacy left anyway, sure. google tracks all my web searches, mastercard knows everywhere i...
  15. woofmytweets

no, i think mostly because consumers are already full of it
  16. woofmytweets

have had one of these for years, but now i use it for coffee
  17. woofmytweets

strawberry rhubarb pie > all other pie
  18. woofmytweets

they stull sell this stuff at the grocery store
  19. woofmytweets

none, it's all on voice control "hey google, turn on the tuner"
  20. woofmytweets

altitude and audio

i'm sorry you're going to have to find another board. the mods can back me up but AK is all audio, no altitude.
  21. woofmytweets

YAMAHA EQ-1100 service manual needed.

i post whatever manuals i come across - although to be fair, most are user manuals - and i certainly download more than i upload. figured it was worth a shot
  22. woofmytweets

YAMAHA EQ-1100 service manual needed.

i would like one of these too - perhaps without paying for it?
  23. woofmytweets

The truth about subwoofers

i want to add my .2 cents here - if we're talking about a home-theatre application, the sub-out channel(s) is a discrete channel on your dvd, blueray or digital movie stream, and if you don't use the subwoofer out jack on the reciever, you're likely not getting that information. can ignore...
  24. woofmytweets

Bad idea? Yamaha CR-200 with 4 ohm Smaller Advents

i completely agree - you ARE splitting hairs, lol i am also an advocate of keeping one's AC cables and signal cables far apart - as for specifically keeping one's turntable away from the amplifer, i can't comment - i'm more of a digital guy
  25. woofmytweets

Bad idea? Yamaha CR-200 with 4 ohm Smaller Advents

the reason for this is that when you add a second pair of 4 ohm speakers, the overall impedance presented to the amp is less than 4 ohms, which could damage it. if you stay within the specs, and the reciever is in good repair, it should be fine. plugging the turntable into the switched outlet...
Back
Top Bottom