Search results

1. kaplang

THORENS BTD-12s arm weight sagging

You hit on what I did do. I found some 1/4 A rubber fuel line in my garage that was a good fit. It was snug to all parts and now the weight does not sang. Will it last a long time? I have no idea! Is it 1. As good as the original? 2. Better then original? 3. Worse then original? I still...
  2. kaplang

Update. Pats Audio on EBay that sold the bushings but is out of stock said he doesn’t know when he will have them again. Looks like I need another solution.
  3. kaplang

Thanks tnsilver but the eBay link that your post points too is out of stock. I have messaged the seller if they will be available again. Waiting on reply
  4. kaplang

Can anyone recommend a solution to address the tone arm weight sagging on a THORENS BTD-12s arm? I have the tone arm tube already removed and just want to know what is good to replace the original rubber insert that on mine is hard and badly cracked. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. George
  5. kaplang

Yesterday

Finally saw Yesterday. Enjoyed it immensely. For those of you that have seen it can you tell us what were the things that we know of but were forgotten in the movie?
  6. kaplang

“The Know-It-All audiophile is the enemy of diversity....”

Very funny. I would give the same speech on audio gear. Actually, I do know a little.
  7. kaplang

One guitar, one pedal, one amp?

Inspired from a question on a drinkers forum: One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer What do you keep?
  8. kaplang

I couldn’t believe eBay did this.

That sounds right.
  9. kaplang

Thorens TD224 repair

Shopper AG in Switzerland claims they know the TD224 inside and out and will do repairs and rebuilds. The only problem is it has to be hand delivered and they won’t ship it to you when it’s done. The claim is that shipping will affect any adjustments and it may not still operate properly when...
  10. kaplang

McIntosh MX110 Dial Glass Safari

Urban myth.
  11. kaplang

That can work both ways. A buyer may pickup and pay cash. Then later discover something that wasn’t described in the listing. Since they paid case they have no recourse. Buyers beware.
  12. kaplang

Good observation Sandstrom. The feedback is probably what instigated it. I didn’t think of that. The seller had no sales and zero feed back. Their sign up date was a couple of days before the item was listed.
  13. kaplang

I placed an offer on an item and wanted to pick it up. I didn’t trust that the seller would pack it correctly and it would possibly get damaged. I said in the offer that I would pick it up if the seller would allow me too otherwise i wouldn’t buy it. The seller excepted my offer and my terms. I...
  14. kaplang

Just Felt Magnitude 6.6 Earthquake

I have the app on mine. Didn’t notify me. I think the warning is for a bigger quake. I’m in Los Angeles and movement was minimal but long lasting.
  15. kaplang

Jim Beam warehouse containing 45,000 barrels of bourbon burns

Maybe it will lead to a another recipe for bourbon. Something with a smokey flavor.
  16. kaplang

Blueray is going away

I’m going the fire up the 8mm projector and watch some home movies with a white sheet for a screen.
  17. kaplang

Best submarine movies

Although a submarine was a small part of the story my vote is for On The Beach.
  18. kaplang

remove rust from tapes

It’s not rust. It’s the tape deterioration from age. It’s called sticky shed syndrome. Some tapes do it more then others. Their is a process that some claim restores the tape but I have my doubts . You can google it for more info.
  19. kaplang

What Pink Floyd album do you NOT recommend?

Obscured by clouds. My first PF purchase and my favorite PF record.
  20. kaplang

Anyone get phone calls from scammers saying you must call back @ 470-237-4648 Bill Baxter ?

I never answer calls from numbers that aren’t in my contact list. If the caller really wants me they will leave a message. Some robocalls do leave messages though. I sometimes call back from my Skype phone that doesn’t receive any calls. The number I am calling usually doesn’t answer since their...
  21. kaplang

Trying to ID old speakers lost in fire

Trying to determine what the speakers are is just as difficult as catching wild turkeys. 3 way speakers with a passive radiator cold be anyone of hundreds of speakers. Good luck on your search.
  22. kaplang

Picking up records just because you dig the cover

Not a record but a laser disc. You have to admit, the picture is hysterical especially if you know t from the movie. Been meaning to hang it on a wall.
  23. kaplang

Very historical picture. Do you know why?

Yes! And wagons were no longer necessary for expansion to the west. Major Seth Adams wagon train master had to find a new job.
  24. kaplang

Very historical picture. Do you know why?

Fact: It replaced the LM that was used to make the first human landing on the moon. Neil Armstrong made his famous speech as he stepped down off the tender..
  25. kaplang

What do you guys do about CD play back?

I use a Sony M555ES library changer fiber connected to a Schiit DAC that is RCA AUX connected to whatever amp or receiver I’m using at the time. Sounds good to me and anybody else that’s listening.
Back
Top Bottom