Search results

1. andyo5

MCD 7007 vibration

I recently noticed that when I play a CD in my MCD 7007 player, I can feel a vibration throughout all the components on the same equipment rack as the player. I found this out while resting my hand on one of those components this morning. The vibration occurs only when the player is actively...
  2. andyo5

What two channel McIntosh power amp?

Hi, all. I currently am using an MX130 pre/tuner with an MC7106 six channel power amp. I am looking to replace the 7106 with a smaller two channel amp, since I only use two channels and would like to reduce the size and weight as compared to the 7106. I have considered replacing both units with...
  3. andyo5

Anticables

I'd like to hear from forum members who have tried Anticables brand speaker cables. I am interested in which models you tried, and what your impressions were. Anything you can tell me about them would be helpful. Thanks!
  4. andyo5

Has anyone tried Romex as speaker wire?

I am setting up my rig in our new home, and my speaker wires are way too long for my current needs (yes, pun intended). I am considering trying Romex (house wiring) as speaker wire at least temporarily. It has plenty of current carrying capability (after all, it carries all the power to your amp...
  5. andyo5

Ceramic tile in the listening room?

We just bought a home and are planning to re-floor with ceramic tile. We had carpet in the living room in our old house, and I am wondering how the switch to tile will affect the sound. Anybody have experience , good or bad, with ceramic tile in your music room?
  6. andyo5

Moving my stuff across the country.

We are moving from Indiana to Arizona. I have factory boxes for all my Mac pieces as well as my other hifi equipment, but I'm still nervous about letting the moving company (Atlas) take them on the van. I'm leaning towards renting a trailer and taking them myself. What do you think? Any...
  7. andyo5

Car audio question off topic

Hope I'm not out of line posting this here but there are some pretty smart folks on this forum. Now that I have buttered you up: I am replacing the crap factory speakers on my 2014 Ram truck. Choices are limited due to fitment issues. Anyhow, some of the available replacements have lower...
  8. andyo5

MC7106 humming power supply

The power supply in my MC7106 amp emits a constant hum. You need to mute the system and stand near the amp to hear it, but its there. The amp otherwise seems to perform normally. Is this a common feature of Mc SS amps, or is it abnormal condition? Thanks
  9. andyo5

MR78 feet and blue gel filters.

When I owned an MR78, a few years back I ordered and received a set of four rubber feet plus mounting screws, and a pair of what I think are called 'gel filters' from the McIntosh factory. The filters are basically blue cellulose film, wrapped in a roll to about a 1/4" diameter and sealed top...
  10. andyo5

MC150 speaker connections

I am thinking of getting a used Mac with autoformers, in the 120 to 200 WPC range and the MC150 seems a good choice. But my speaker cables are Nordosts with banana plug connectors and I don't think I could connect them to the MC150. The MC150 looks like it accepts bare wires only. Any...
  11. andyo5

Connecting from balanced to RCA using an adapter.

This is a question for the tech savvy members; I have an MX130 with both balanced outputs and RCA outputs for the 'front' channels. My amplifier does not have balanced inputs, and neither does my subwoofer. Since I have chosen (for now) to run full spectrum signals to both of them, this means...
  12. andyo5

MC7106: what do you think of this amp?

I recently purchased a used MC7106 in great condition, but am finding it kind of hard to listen to compared to my Bryston 4BST. It seems brighter and less warm in comparison. I have been running it in bridged mode. I have owned the Bryston for many years. Associated stuff includes, Klipsch...
  13. andyo5

Great rooms (ugh!)

The wife and I are moving to Tucson, Arizona next spring. We just got back from a preliminary house hunting trip. What I found was that almost all of the homes we saw had 'great' room layouts of varying configurations. Isn some, the kitchen and living room are one continuous space with no walls...
  14. andyo5

Redi-remotes substitute for HR034 remote control

I am wondering whether any forum users have tried one of this company's replacement remotes for McIntosh remotes that are no longer available. And if so, whether you are satisfied with it. Some of their remotes are sold with the understanding that only the tuner functions work, others are...
  15. andyo5

Running preamp output to a subwoofer for signal conditioning.

I have an MX130 pre and a MC7106 power amp, plus a Velodyne DD15 Digital Drive subwoofer.. The Velodyne is programmable and has graphic output of results to a TV screen. You use a test tone, generated buy the sub, to program volume at various frequency ranges. Until today, I have been running...
  16. andyo5

Got my MC7106 today. Bulb question.

I recently purchased a used MC7106 on Ebay. It arrived today in good shape and all channels are working. The front display bulbs are not working, which the seller told me about beforehand; but all the power meters are working. I have it running 2 channels in bridged mode at present and it sounds...
  17. andyo5

Question about amplifier output.

I am wondering whether it would harm an amplifier if not all output channels were in use. Example: a four channel amplifier with speaker loads attached to only three of the channels.
  18. andyo5

MX130 to replace Bryston BP26 preamp and MR7083

I currently own a Bryston BP26 preamp with MM phono, and a MR7083. I am considering replacing them with a MX130 (early version with balanced outputs) in a 2 channel system. Do you think I'd be stepping up, or down, or sideways in terms of sound quality? I do use the phono section, with a Roksan...
  19. andyo5

Need a set of factory shipping boxes for my MCD7007.

Anybody have a set to sell, or know where I can find a nice set without having to pay an unreasonable price for them? Thanks! Having a set for my MR7083 I could copy the basic design, I guess. Just a question of sizing correctly, stacking, folding, and gluing cardboard.
  20. andyo5

My MR78 vs. my 'new' MR7083 comparison.

Hey sports fans! I have owned an MR78 since 1999 and recently got a hankering for something more convenient to use, so I popped for a nice MR7083 on Ebay. I figured that if I didn't like it I could resell it later. I hooked up both tuners on the same antenna and to the same preamp, using the...
  21. andyo5

MCD7007 responding to TV remote.

I have noticed within the past couple of months or so that when I am playing a CD and use my TV remote (to check whether there is anything worth watching on TV), the MCD7007 will stop playing and go back into stand-by mode as if I had pressed 'stop' on it's remote. It also seems to react to...
Back
Top Bottom