Search results

1. E

Cost to sell on eBay

I've largely stopped selling gear on Ebay due to the fees and now only use it as a last resort. Similar story with Agon. I list here and on usaudiomart with the most success selling on the latter.
  2. E

Yamaha PX2 / PX3 DIY counterweight project

I've been working on this project for a while and thought I would share. I have a Yamaha PX2 and a couple of PX3 linear tracking turntables. One of the PX3 tables is missing the counterweight. These rarely come up for sale, and when they have (recently) they sell for a significant value of...
  3. E

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

Nice! That's a great looking stack. I laughed a little though as I have several stack completing tuners that I've never even powered on.
  4. E

Croatian high end turntable

Beautiful table!!
  5. E

Croatian high end turntable

For anyone considering a SAM turntable, I have listed my Reference on Barter Town.
  6. E

I doubt that Unisound is shipping FedEx priority. My GT arrived in 3 days from HiFiDo
  7. E

It is tough right now. I paid around $670 for Fedex priority on my 2000X (shipped in two boxes) back in Jan., so it sounds as if prices have continued to go up. The table arrived in a few days and was packed incredibly well. I have previous experience with Unisound. They were responsive and...
  8. E

Make sure to check current shipping prices though...
  9. E

Sounds like a really cool/interesting setup. I'll add my voice to theophile, please let us know how it sounds!!
  10. E

I saw that. Kind of interesting that Unisound is a budget importer (vs. hifido), but they priced the yop1 at the high end of the market.
  11. E

This GT-2000X at HiFi-Do appears to be available again. It was previously on hold.
  12. E

I don't know about that. Maybe it depends on your spending habits, but I still had to call, even with the link.
  13. E

Congrats! I saw that listed and wondered why it lasted so long. I actually have a spare on the way as well. I purchased from Russia via Ebay, so fingers crossed. Will you be drilling out the mounting holes or will this be a straight backup for you?
  14. E

I've been thinking about isolation for the GT. The floors in my office are pretty bad and some non-suspended TTs can pick up noise from the floor. I found a heavily discounted isoAcoustics Delos which fit the GT's dimensions and decided to give it a try. This is my first exposure to...
  15. E

The SL-110/Sl-1100 and SP owners club.

Somehow I've completely missed this thread! Need to spend more time in the TT forum I guess. Here is my SL-1100A. I purchased it from the original owner's son five or six years ago (back when audio deals were still easy to find:)). I'm running a 681-EEE cartridge that came with the table...
  16. E

So, is it really out of bounds to open source the original overhang gauge? Yamaha doesn't sell it any more, and I'll admit to not wanting to pay $30, $40, or $50 plus for someone who turnes the yamaha numbers into plastic. I am surprised that we don't already have a free to print overhang gauge...
  17. E

Is adcomparts.com a scam site?

Did your parts arrive okay? I'm thinking about placing an order with this site.
  18. E

I was looking at sold items on hifi-do only. prices seem to have gone from about 300K yen to 600K yen for the 2000X. I'm not talking about the higher non-selling auction prices. https://www.hifido.co.jp/sold/?M=&LNG=E&G=2&KW=yamaha+gt-2000x Looks like they were selling GT-2000s for about 90K...
  19. E

I would love to get my hands on one of these. Hard to believe that there isn't a paper version of it floating around somewhere.
  20. E

Looking back about 10 years, at least on hifi-do, the prices for the 2000x's seem to have about doubled. IIRC a PX-1 sold for really cheap back in that time frame also. The Nakamichi's were a lot less then as well. I don't know about the other high end Japanese tables. As for the Pioneers...
  21. E

Technics SP 10 MK II and Denon DP 80 vs Yamaha GT 2000, Kenwood KP1100

Again, you wouldn't use an electrolytic in an timing circuit sensitive to ESR. Regardless, if caps (electrolytic or otherwise) are in need of replacement, then the new caps are likely closer to the original designed value than the 30+ year old caps. If that's not the case, then you wouldn't...
  22. E

Technics SP 10 MK II and Denon DP 80 vs Yamaha GT 2000, Kenwood KP1100

What makes you think the control circuit relies on capacitor values such that it would need calibration after a recap? It's highly unlikely electrolytic caps would be used in any kind of timing circuit, and those are all that are likely to need changing or have you seen otherwise?
  23. E

Hmmm, I have one of those cheap usb microscopes, but didn't think of using it.
  24. E

FWIW, locking in the pivot to spindle at 248 (instead of the effective length at 262) comes back with different overhang, effective length, and offset angle numbers, even for the base Yamaha configuration, so maybe there is an issue with the model. Or, maybe I'm missing something.
Back
Top Bottom