Search results

1. audiodummy

HP 3466A fuse holder source/photo/3d model?

I guess I'm out of options except for asking random places. I have a HP 3466A vintage multimeter that's missing its 2A current fuse holder. I wonder if anyone knew where to get one of these things (hopefully cheaply) or perhaps someone could have some dimensions or photograph for it that I...
  2. audiodummy

Watts up: STA-64B vs XL-HP500H volume output

Well I didn't do justice and use the same speakers on both systems but tried them both at the same place in the house with their respective speakers: Realistic STA-64B (18WPC) with Sony bookcase speakers (rated 25W/unit) Sharp XL-HP500H (?? WPC) with OEM speakers. The Sharp has digital volume...
  3. audiodummy

Realistic STA-64B - mods to stop final blowing?

I acquired a Realistic STA-64B with a blown channel. Seems like these receivers blow their final output transistors frequently based on searches. They are direct driven (no DC blocking capacitor). It apparently had been repaired once already and fried again, perhaps more spectacularly than...
  4. audiodummy

B&H 2423A R2R

I scored a Bell+Howell 2423A R2R recorder. Appears to be SS, and has adjustable tape speed which was the interesting part of this recorder (1⅞ 3¾ 7½ IPS). I can't find anything about this deck online! It looks like it's stereo, "4 track" which I think means that you have to flip the tape over...
  5. audiodummy

What to look for in a keeper cassette deck?

I just acquired a second tape deck and well, my house is filling with too much crap now. I still use tape because my cars use tape, mainly to re-record over tapes (and my car CD player doesn't do CD-RW). Plus those "line in tape adapters" sounds awful for some reason, and the bluetooth...
  6. audiodummy

Restoring indicator dot on knobs

While trying to clean some metalized plastic knobs in a restoration attempt of a Heathkit stereo with some isopropanol to remove dirt on them, I didn't realize the alcohol also removed the black dot indicating position of the knob... Doh! For now I just used an indelible marker and placed a dot...
  7. audiodummy

Mysterious popping sound while playing a vinyl...

I can't seem to explain what's up with this "pop" sound. Attached is a zip file that contains an MP3 of a 9 second segment (to reduce size and "fair use") from a record I was testing my B&O. I used Audacity to record and de-noise it, but the pop as it's really high amplitude still shows up...
  8. audiodummy

Beogram 3000 type 5231 adjustments

Well, thanks to needlestein I was able to cyanoacrylate glue the suspension. Things didn't go perfectly well, but nevertheless the cantilever now holds up mass instead of collapsing like before. Now for the adjustments... I found on the bottom/rear/left of the unit a cogged wheel which...
  9. audiodummy

Bang & Olufsen SP-12 cartridge/stylus "fix"?

I have a B&O SP-12 cartridge and stylus and it was acquired broken. This is for a Beogram 3000 but I forgot the exact submodel, thinking it's 5211. The cantilever seems to be permanently attached into a cross shaped piece of metal that's apparently permanently stuck inside the "stylus...
  10. audiodummy

Eating cassette tapes?

Strange. I have a Sony tape deck that appears to be eating cassettes. It can fast forward and rewind the tapes fine but during playback or record when the pinch roller and head is engaged, the tape appears to go onto the take up reel off center, jamming the cassette and basically destroying...
  11. audiodummy

Replacing incandescent backlights...

Have people tried replacing their tuner display backlights with LEDs? I think the next problem I'm running in my tuner is some of the old incandescent lamps that backlight the LCD display are burnt out or will burn out soon. Just wondering if anyone had luck modding/replacing such with 5mm...
  12. audiodummy

PLL synthesized FM radio repair

I'm trying to repair my very broken Fisher RS-851 that I put my initial post in the Fisher subforum, but wondering if there were some readers here that knew more about repairing these stereos. I noticed when trying to check what's being fed into the PLL from the external VCO - it looks kind...
  13. audiodummy

Reviving a RS-851

I'm not sure if there's any bad blood about "newer" Fisher equipment, after reading Wikipedia I think my device counts as an "In Name Only" Fisher. In any case this was intended as an upgrade to a tabletop Sony system that works but mechanically broken. I ended up getting a dead Fisher...
  14. audiodummy

Hello from Colorado

Well, I suppose this is similar to another forum I joined not too far back, and here's the customary anti-spam measure... As the nick says I don't know much about "good audio" vs "mediocre" and honestly speaking, I'm more interested in the electronics side of things more than high fidelity...
Back
Top Bottom