Search results

1. BobEDigital

Sansui 7070 helllllp

Never thought I'd be so happy to have a blown fuse. This has built a lot of confidence and I can't tell you how appreciative I am for your help, avionic. I'm going to pull the other two and test them while I have it open. I'll post tomorrow with the updates. And HOPEFULLY a really pretty...
  2. BobEDigital

Sansui 7070 helllllp

I was looking for easier acces fro. The bottom panel, no go there. I'm getting her right side up now. I need a work bench, you think my fiancé will understand?
  3. BobEDigital

Sansui 7070 helllllp

I can't get the board out through the bottom. I'll have to flip it over and see if I can get at it from the top. If not this whole gal has to get undressed.
  4. BobEDigital

Sansui 7070 helllllp

Egg? On my face???? No way.... So I tested the wall outlet. And then with the cover open I was going to test the inside leads for similar voltage (you know how when you're supposed to mow the lawn you work in the garden instead). Well, right as I ready the probes I hear the tell tale click...
  5. BobEDigital

Sansui 7070 helllllp

Ok. So. All of the fuses on the board and DO1 and DO2 are testing out for continuity. That's really all I need to see out of fuses, right? Having said that, what's the next step in this journey?
  6. BobEDigital

Sansui 7070 helllllp

Ohhhh, boy. This 10 minute project reallllly expanded on me.
  7. BobEDigital

Sansui 7070 helllllp

hey guys, I was replacing some lamps on my 7070 and whoever initially replaced them... whooofda. I'll have pictures at the bottom. Essentially they soldered the lamp ends shut and used wires to light bulbs. I clipped them out and was putting the new ones in one at a time and clearing old...
  8. BobEDigital

My amp is too loud??

Can't wait until I'm not green behind the ears here, I'm a zinger machine! Again, just ask my fiancé....
  9. BobEDigital

My amp is too loud??

So I like the idea of resistors. I'm having a hard time determining what the value would be. And I'm having a hard time uploading photos from the service manual from my phone... it says the volume knob is: 250k ohms (B) x 2 volume. So need a resistor of 25-50k ohms?
  10. BobEDigital

My amp is too loud??

Oh, other receivers I've side by sided with: Sansui 7070 Pioneer Sx-626 Onkyo TX-2500 And a couple others that have come through for tune ups.
  11. BobEDigital

My amp is too loud??

I've used the aforementioned Sansui's as well as SP-7000's. Also, Sony SS-F7000's and Sony SSCS5's - JBL 2050's - Klipsch FS1's - Pioneer G503c's. No increble speakers, but certainly a large enough cross section to determine I don't like what's going on. Maybe that's just what's going on...
  12. BobEDigital

My amp is too loud??

So much to reply to... Lots of great ideas. I do want to be able to move this unit, so fixing the issue instead of working around it was my goal. The Sansui speakers are not great, for sure, but connected to other - similar - systems I don't have the same problem. I would like to restate the...
  13. BobEDigital

G-4500 Pure Power

So, I've got this beautiful unit that I've recapped and relit; but, with a sledge gut problem. It seems to go 0-100 on the volume. As in it is very loud and 9:00 and ridiculously loud at noon. I've tried all kinds of different inputs in all the different sources and still have this issue. Is...
  14. BobEDigital

My amp is too loud??

All speakers tested have been 8 or 6 ohms. I even tested with a pair of mated Sansui SP-X8000. As for sources in I've tried phono, cd, tape, radio, iPhone. The line level from my CD player and tape players (that work seemlessly with other components) are still too loud. To clarify the...
  15. BobEDigital

My amp is too loud??

Hey All, I'm an amateur audio enthusiast and have been enjoying cruising goodwills, craigslist, and other marketplaces for undervalued pieces I grab up to restore and update. I feel pretty confident cracking the cases, cleaning components, and replacing where necessary (and sometimes when...
  16. BobEDigital

Sansui SP-X8000 (First recap/resto project)

Got the replacement gear in and immediately got to work. That crossover board was quite difficult to get out and took a lot of patience paired with a steady hand. I rebuilt one speaker and left the other with original components to compare them channel to channel. Not sure how much of a...
  17. BobEDigital

Oh yeah, the caps. And speaker stamps - here you go!
  18. BobEDigital

Hey All, First time, long time. I've got a pair of Sansui SP-X8000's I'm looking to breathe new life into. I found a collector that was offloading a fair amount of gear for various reasons so I cleaned him out over the course of a few months. For Sansui, I was able to get my hands on a...
Back
Top Bottom