Search results

1. Army

Saddest, Dumbest, most stupid Infinity story of all time

Really... I was going to bitch IN a BIG way, about what any Infinity lover would cry about! Frankly it happens all too often! From the description there isn't much that can be salvaged...bummmer Even though I'd cut off my right arm to have a pair... Walk away! No sense in crying over spilled...
  2. Army

Happy Birthday to Army!

Hi All Been forever since I've had a chance to say hi...Hi Guys, again; hope all is well in the land of AK! Life has been full, not always what one expects... but really FULL the last few years! If I had one wish on my birthday, it would be to have an extra hour of ass time to stay connected...
  3. Army

R.I.P. Kegger

Paul was a good man, and a good friend to all! I always enjoyed his company at the fest and online! He will will be sorely missed Peace be with you my friend! Praying for your parents brother! Until we meet again....
  4. Army

Overpowering an RS 5001?

As mentioned you are approaching speaker death by not having enough amp to power your speakers! If you want an Infinity speaker that is a bookshelf that puts out massive amounts of sound in smaller rooms, you should look for a pair of RS 1.5's you will need to feed them more watts than your...
  5. Army

Infinity Qb - Need advise

Looking forward to seeing the pics :thmbsp:
  6. Army

AR / KLH???? speaker id plz

You could be right, hard to tell for sure without being there! :yes:
  7. Army

Let's See Your Great JVC Gear!

Me too, sharp look'n for sure! I bought a small JVC receiver with the slide EQ and volume at GW for $10 and took it to work. I worked with assholes who smashed the top in and dropped it so hard the feet were almost level with the bottom. Funny thing was they couldn't kill it! I laughed...
  8. Army

Maine CL: Pioneer silver stack: $500

Somebody should jump on that, nice:thmbsp:
  9. Army

Frazier 7, KLH Model Seven, Electrohome Chippendale III, ...

Gawd I'll bet you were like a kid in a candy store, I would have been :thmbsp: Congrats on the speaker scores!
  10. Army

What are better for disco music. Cerwin Vega or Mach One speakers>?

Disco era speakers, I recall were multi- driver setups with 15"-17" woofers, You could add Sansui, Pioneer and many others to your disco list. A couple of clubs I remember ran big Altecs hung from the ceiling :yes:
  11. Army

how not to get ripped off

Scams are abundant, as mentioned, do your homework! Call and use PayPal! My wife wants another French Bulldog so bad and there are at least a million scammers offering them! Buyer beware!
  12. Army

AR / KLH???? speaker id plz

Looks like a KLH model 21 system, they came with receiver/tuna/ turntable all in one. I found one a few years ago and it was mostly toast, probably needed recapping and more.
  13. Army

Bass shaker (tactile transducer) set-up help

Looking at the specs your receiver puts out enough power, the shaker only needs 50wpc. I would think you're ok!
  14. Army

Did you ever forget to listen to the songs?

Reminds me of a story recently that said people that use the left side (stronger side)of the brain listen to the music first and catch the tune and people who are stronger on the right listen to the words first. Guess I'm stronger on the left, I've listened to some music on the radio and just...
  15. Army

Police vs Union Workers

I think his objective was to checkout the gal texting :D Nice pics BTW
  16. Army

Happy Birthday to DENNYDOG

Happy birthday Denny!
  17. Army

My friend got some RS 2.5's! (Pic Included)

I like both very much, the Deltas have more bass. In the past I've had good luck using the tone controls to increase the bass out put for the RS4.5's and the best improvement came after Cdfac (Chris) rebuilt the crossover. Really opened up the 4.5 's. If I had to choose between the two I would...
  18. Army

Infinity Qb - Need advise

Doing alright! I moved to Minnesota in July and now live on Gorman Lake:thmbsp: One of these days I'm going to have a gathering, still unpacking though....
  19. Army

My friend got some RS 2.5's! (Pic Included)

Yes because it can happen; I'm living proof! I dreamt of RS4.5's and found a basket case pair, which I rebuilt. Then came the Delta's. Now Genesis 6.1's Dream BIG, upgrade when you can :D
  20. Army

Happy Birthday flyingtm88

Happy Birthday !
  21. Army

Upgrade Advice Needed

I've always wanted to hear gear from Emotivia. The XPA-2 is really beefy looking and has plenty of horsepower at 300 wpc. At $800 it still leaves room in your budget for other upgrades. There's one on the bay right now NIB. Food food for thought! Good hunting!
  22. Army

Parents' '70s audio system

Try Genesis 6.1 they play very well down to 16hz, not sure how efficient but you only need to power the mids and highs. The 12" servo controlled woofers have their own plate amps and accelerometers. The 6.1's are their entry level speakers that can and do!
  23. Army

Great sub for the money

Bang for the buck; Genesis made some outstanding subs that can be had for about $700-$900 used. Servo controlled and go down to 16hz, great for movies or music. You feel them more than hear them at 16hz :D
  24. Army

What's your latest audio purchase?

Building a system for my bro-in law, picked up a Yamaha ???? Integrated a couple months ago 200wpc into 4 ohms. Just heard from a seller on CL and he's dropping off three pairs of Infinity speakers. Two bookshelf pairs and Reference Fours for $45 total, all needing foam:banana: Hopefully a nice...
  25. Army

Refoam Watkins woofers

Goof off works better then Goo gone, still that glue is a PITA. Soaking with Goof off works much better! It takes a lot of it to get the glue off clean!
Back
Top Bottom