Search results

1. niles300z

mit interconnect repair

Hello folks wondering who the AK cable repair repair guy is I have some relatively inexpensive MIT connects with a broken lead that I would like done correctly thank you
  2. niles300z

Troubleshooting CD Players

Start with belts first.
  3. niles300z

Sanyo JCX2900K new power switch (and others)

Talk about reviving an old thread... I have a proton amp with a failed switch that I am going to try. Its an alps tv-3 with only two terminals. There is a snubber cap and strangely a jumper wire between the two as well. Can someone explain the purpose of a jumper wire in this simple switch...
  4. niles300z

Bypassing Power Switch

Wow awesome
  5. niles300z

Bypassing Power Switch

Ok. Ill see what I can do another day. Thanks again.
  6. niles300z

Bypassing Power Switch

There are some marks on the display board this attaches to. Not sure if this is going to be clear enough.
  7. niles300z

Rotel RX-950AX

There are some marks on the display board this attaches to but not sure the pic will be clear enough or if the brown glue they used is obscuring too much but its worth a shot.
  8. niles300z

Bypassing Power Switch

Oh boy. I was hoping to avoid that. I think the face will have to come off. I may try that another day. Thank you for going the distance avionic! You have helped so many. Thank you. Tom
  9. niles300z

Bypassing Power Switch

Mark 2. Wow. I never knew there was two models. Thank you.
  10. niles300z

Bypassing Power Switch

Rx-950ax. Thank you.
  11. niles300z

Bypassing Power Switch

That comes afterwards. The issue at hand is ..which is typically hot, ground, etc so I can bypass the switch by winding the correct wires together. Thank you though.
  12. niles300z

Bypassing Power Switch

Hello I have a Rotel with a instantaneous on power switch that appears to be faulty how do I bypass the switch with three wires one black one gray and one white thank you for your help
  13. niles300z

Rotel RX-950AX

Hello looks like three wires into the power switch board black silver and white any recommendations which ones to wire together in order to jump the power switch without frying something thank you
  14. niles300z

Proton D540, bridging 4ch to 2ch

Agreed. Awesome amp. I wonder why they don't make amps anymore capable of 6db headroom? I think you can hear it in its attack. Mine have always been reliable. NAD now doesn't even post their headroom stats because they have gone the other way. 50 watts into both 8 and 4 ohms yuck.
  15. niles300z

Marantz 2252B FM output problem

Wow. Thank you for the quick reply. Much appreciated. T
  16. niles300z

Marantz 2252B FM output problem

Hello. It looks like the parts were never posted on this. Q303 & Q304 at mouser. How do I find the right ones. I may have the same issue. Thank you.
  17. niles300z

MB Quart Domain 55 towers- nice

Do you think they might carry the woofers too? I am looking for one in case anyone has one. Also hard to find. I think they are 6.5 in. Thanks guys.
  18. niles300z

Luxman R-404

Agreed a fine sounding receiver. 33 good watts goes a long ways apparently. Nice looking. Tuner seems to sound decent. I guess its just quite musical if you don't try to push it too far. I have not yet heard the phono section. Any comments on that? Niles
  19. niles300z

CD30

Thank you for your help.
  20. niles300z

CD30

All good answers. I have done that too but I will check again. Thats why I'm thinking faulty opamp...
  21. niles300z

CD30

Thank you for the quick reply Strangely I don't happen to see a fuse anywhere
  22. niles300z

CD30

Hello. Any guesses as to the possible high failure board parts on a 80s yamaha cd player. She plays fine but outputs no sound. I see no sign of foul play anywhere. Clean as a whistle in and out. Thank you.
  23. niles300z

NAD Equipment - Strong Opinions Needed!

I've had dozens and I can't think of one I didn't like. Recently got a newer c326 still sounds good even with this new DPD stuff that doesn't seem to allow more pop into lower impedance but runs pretty warm anyway due i think in part to a class a preamp section.
  24. niles300z

Do you have a Stanton Epoch II?

If it's like the one I had almost like an ortofon they're hard to find I think I sold mine with a bad stylus because I couldn't find one as I remember
  25. niles300z

NAD Equipment - Strong Opinions Needed!

Wow. Two years ago I revived this thread after ten years. Thank you AK gods for not locking us out and allowing the flow of information to continue infinitum unlike that other site that loves to end threads. This is all pertinent and enjoyable information as we share our appreciation for gear...
Back
Top Bottom