Search results

1. S

Tablet for streaming

Hey folks. I'm just getting into 'music subscription services. Right now I'm on a trial with Apple Music and I've got Amazon Prime music. Amazon is the cheap one that is offered to Prime members for free. So I started to think, maybe I could get a $70 Tablet, a Kindle maybe and stream from...
  2. S

WAV files and playing them.

I just purchased a new CD player. The Yamaha CD S300. It has a pretty good DAC and a USB port in front to connect the iPod or a flash drive. Pretty cool feature I think. Unfortunately, it doesn't play FLAC or WAV files. I don't know if It will matter to me because I don't know what I play. I...
  3. S

Hearing a hiss during playback of a CD

Hi folks. I was just getting some solid advice in the Speakers forum and because of all the listening Im doing now, I noticed something. I'm listening to a CD and I keep picking up a hiss during soft or quiet moments in songs. Is this part of CD technology or can I get a better reproduction of...
  4. S

I need help

I'm not happy with my sound system. It is a Sony Str-DE197 receiver and a set of Axiom M3v2 bookshelf speakers, a Yamaha sub and a Sony Blueray DVD player in place of a CD Player. Sometimes I play digital files through a bluetooth adapter. I feel that, to my ears, there is a definite lack of...
  5. S

Currently manufactured Am/FM tuners

There are very few 'new' tuners on the market. Yamah, Pyle, Mcintosh, and NAD. Mcintosh is awful expensive but I'd expect it to be very good. But what about the others? It seems that many choose to go vintage in this area but can anyone really speak for the few on the 'New' component market?
  6. S

Trying to pick the right components

I've been looking at CD players to go with my stereo system that I am going to upgrade soon. I've a sony Str de197. I know that I am going to upgrade soon but what I've been looking at and what I am now starting to think are not the same. I wanted to get an integrated amplifier and add a tuner...
  7. S

Best input to know your system.

I'm trying to understand how satisfying my system is to me. AS I see it, the system is basically the amp and the speakers or in my case, the receiver and the speakers. But the inputs, wether its a phono, a tape deck, FM tuner, a cd player or mp3 via blue tooth, is the other half of it. So I...
  8. S

Using a 'receiver' as just a tuner

Hi guys. I'm trying to figure out if I can hook my Sony receiver up to an integrated amp and use the tuner from the receiver through the amp. What I'm looking at, is changing the system I'm using now but its gonna take some time. I want to start with a good integrated amplifier. I listen to a...
  9. S

Watts comparison issue

My "sony str de197" boasts 100watts per channel. I was looking at some integrated amps on Crutchfield's website and I am seeing things with 35, 40, 50 watts x 2 and after reading some information here, I see that 40 watts SHOULD be sufficient for most listening. Now, the amps I looked at all...
  10. S

Are Receivers an acceptable piece of equipment?

I have always had a 'stereo' around me ever since I became a music fan back in the mid seventies and I discovered ELVIS. And I have always used a receiver to power my speakers. It always seemed daunting and expensive any other way. I still feel that way and unless I really find out how much...
  11. S

Are Axiom Bookshelf speakers thought of well here

I have a pair of Axiom M3 bookshelf speakers that I purchased new in 2010. I had originally intended to get the matching sub woofer soon after but I never did and now I want to refocus my attention on that. Does anyone have any opinion on what I want to do. The Sub is gonna run about $600 and...
  12. S

Hi from Staten Island.

Hi, Staten Island here. I am very happy to have found this forum because I am currently building a nice stereo system for myself to listen to music. I'm not an audofile and I don't have a desire to be knee deep in very expensive equipment...... I don't think I'd be able to really enjoy it..... I...
Back
Top Bottom