Search results

1. ariv

Price check on Thorens TD124

I have a line on a Thorens 124 for sale that will need to be repaired. Seller says the motor and platter spin, but does not know anything else about functionality. It if filthy, has no plinth and the chrome on the tone arm is pitted and chipping off so it may need to be replaced. Seller is...
  2. ariv

Dynaco ST 70 help

She is done!!!! Thank you to everyone that helped with advice and guidance with this project. Surprisingly, I now have more low end in my Heresy ones. This rebuild has motivated me to look into renovating a Heathkit SA-2 that I've had sitting around for a few years. Picture of the board...
  3. ariv

Dynaco ST 70 help

Received all the parts on Friday and I was able to replace the choke, can cap and resistors as well as the caps and resistors on the 7 lug strip. Currently building the PC board. Thanks again for the help. I will post more as I can.
  4. ariv

Dynaco ST 70 help

Thank you all for the input. I have ordered the parts needed as recommended. I will update as soon as I can.
  5. ariv

Dynaco ST 70 help

Choke measure 57.5. Area around it appears to be just wax or discoloration. I can scrape it off with my fingernail. Fuse is 3 amp. Pics of the caps on the 7 lug terminal attached, both blue caps are the same values. Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it.
  6. ariv

Dynaco ST 70 help

Here are the pics. Bought the amp online and the seller said it had been previously updated before he purchased it. Compared to stock, you can see some of the changes. The amp has been working fine and I plan at some point updating the driver board. I appreciate all the help!
  7. ariv

Dynaco ST 70 help

@peterh Sorry, I am new at this. Dynakitparts has 5 can caps for the st70. Which would be best?
  8. ariv

Dynaco ST 70 help

Hello everyone, I have Dynaco st70 that I opened up to fix a loose rca plug and I noticed that it looks like the choke needs the be replaced. While looking around I notice what I believe is a capacitor that may be leaking. Looking at the photos of the amp in the manual, this cap is not shown...
  9. ariv

Onkyo CP-1260F auto return issue

Hello folks, I recently purchased the above TT and everything but the auto return function works. I followed the instructions in the service manual to help fix it by setting the voltage and using the screw to set the range but nothing, although at times, if I move the tone arm back and forth...
  10. ariv

AU 417 help

Decided to pass on it although it is a hell of a deal. I have to many projects as it is and don't need another to distract me.. Thx for all the input!
  11. ariv

AU 417 help

I have chance to pick up a Sansui TU417 and AU417 for cheap. The guy is basically asking for me to pay for the tuner and is throwing the amp in for free as he states the amp has an intermittent loss of audio on one channel. Well, I went to audition them and he turned the AU417on, the...
  12. ariv

Vinyl only spin list

Original pressing
  13. ariv

Pioneer Component Serial Numbers

PL-41.........56545 Made in Japan
  14. ariv

Vinyl only spin list

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  15. ariv

Vinyl only spin list

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk