Search results

1. mrwood200

Sansui SM-88 rehab

Hello all! I am getting ready to rehab my Sansui SM-88 integrated amplifier & would appreciate any input! I am planning on a full recap w/any appropriate upgrades (e.g., add safety cap & thermistor) I would welcome any comments, but specifically have some questions on the power supply: -...
  2. mrwood200

Devil Tube!

My tube lost it's halo! I recently rotated my ST-70 back into service. Biased the tubes, played some music, drinking/dancing, all good. After ~30 mins, I went back to check the bias & something did not look right. The Devil tube & I locked eyes as I reached for the volume knob and off...
  3. mrwood200

DCC Audio Systems preamplifier?

Hello all - I could use some help sorting out this preamplifier. This is a 4-tube DCC Audio Systems preamplifier. Pretty nice build. Decent parts. Circuit is new to me. Assuming some 12A*7 tube, each of the grid, plate, and cathode pins are jumped. Preamp came with 2x 12at7 & 2x 12au7, but...
  4. mrwood200

Fisher 800c bottom cover?

I have purchased a 800c receiver, only now to learn it does not have a bottom cover! While I discuss with the seller, I am curious on how much work this adds to my project... Looks like heavy sheet metal, attaching to sides of the chassis. The holes in the bottom secure the chassis to the...
  5. mrwood200

Radii Audio MPP-M8

Help me welcome my new-to-me (used) Radii MPP-M8 amplifier! 4x 6BM8 tubes 8 Watts/channel RMS "Radii Audio is a Hong Kong based company, 100 people strong. The company and R&D department are lead by Mr. Santa Man. The company is fully vertically integrated - they make their...
  6. mrwood200

1976 HEIL Troff Speakers

I need some input on my new project! Any ideas on how to renovate these speakers? These are 1976 Heil Troff PA speakers in non-working condition. Since these pictures were taken, I have removed the duct tape, trash, and (1) motorola tweeter….. It appears they are missing (1) 12” LF driver...
  7. mrwood200

New Member here !

Hello ! New member here ! I recently got back into stereo equipment and have ended up on AK a couple time & found some good advice. Thought I would join and learn some more ! Look forward to participating in the conversation !
Back
Top Bottom