Search results

1. Darksyde

Older vs newer Yamaha av reciever

Video processing , my Yamaha RX A2080 converts 1080p video from my old Apple TV into 4k .
  2. Darksyde

What Do You Remember? 70s slang

Yo , thats fly !
  3. Darksyde

What Do You Remember? 70s slang

Got the loose that killed Bruce! . What it is , what it was , what its gonna be. You be buggin
  4. Darksyde

What was the last movie you watched?

Dirty Harry ...had to watch it to wash away the memory of having watched Cry Macho
  5. Darksyde

Recommendations for used SUV? (preferably w/ spare on back)

The 2012 RAV4 was ridiculously over powered , on the highway ,passing someone was not a problem . It was smooth and stable at any speed . No vibrations ,no rattles not a single problem . 2018 Rav 4 , no power , less than 250 miles and you can feel the tires vibrate on the highway , you can see...
  6. Darksyde

Recommendations for used SUV? (preferably w/ spare on back)

I just traded in my 2012 v6 RAV4 for a 2018 Rav 4 .....huge mistake .
  7. Darksyde

Audio Community Phrases or Sayings that Make You Cringe.....

Referring to a newly purchased item as in " my new babies" ......can I punch you in the head ?
  8. Darksyde

$400 good price for brand new sealed iPad Mini 4 with 32 gb cellular?

Bestbuy has or had them for 299.00 128 gig.
  9. Darksyde

Fallout 4 is free on Steam this weekend.

I'm waiting for ram prices to drop before I go for another 16 gigs . I might get into video editing someday ,so I'll be ready.
  10. Darksyde

That is a beast of a rig , definitely deserving of a high end graphics card . I have similar specs on my recently built rig except that I'm using 16 gigs of ram and a GTX 1060 graphics card .
  11. Darksyde

What are the specs of your new rig?
  12. Darksyde

"Homeland"...a bit of a revive here.

Great series.
  13. Darksyde

Windows 10: Where Do You Use It?

I use Windows 10 on my recently built gaming PC. I disabled Cortana , silent install and few other telemetry features of Windows 10 . So far so good . I only switched to Windows because Windows 7 and 8.1 are not supported with my processor ( i7 7700k).
  14. Darksyde

Do you have a demanding pet at home?

My dog, Bear ( 12 lb Yorkie /Maltese) will slam his plate on the floor when he's hungry . He jumps on the sofa and demands a back rub . If I ignore him , he will steal my sneakers and go behind the sofa and lay his head on them . When I walk him , he stops at the corner of the block and waits...
  15. Darksyde

Where to start with latin jazz big bands?

Spanish Harlem Orchestra , Hilton Ruiz , Eddie Palmieri , Humberto Ramirez
  16. Darksyde

I need to ship a receiver. should I pay fed ex and cover myself or risk with my own packing?

Pack it yourself . Don't even think about letting Fed Ex pack it . Trust me ,I worked for Fed Ex for 10 years.
  17. Darksyde

Anyone make a protein powder that mixes well?

mixes well with water or milk , add a splash of Hershey's chocolate syrup and you'll forget you're drinking a protein shake .
  18. Darksyde

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary, a non-professional review

I think the Dentons sound great . I use mine along with a Yamaha CA 410ii as part of my computer set up . They are great gaming speakers as well as listening to flac and MP3 audio . Not bad for Netflix as well.
  19. Darksyde

Amazon Comes through, again. Wrong version of Windows 10 on DVD.

In case you didn't know , Windows 10 is still free for 7 and 8.1 users .
  20. Darksyde

Apple called it, they are right about the 3.5mm phone plug

You can always get an external DVD writer .
  21. Darksyde

Windows 7 Madness: Any Help Available?

Go to services and turn off super fetch.
  22. Darksyde

Staying in shape during winter.

If one works out with consistency , recovery times are lessened and you can maintain muscle mass . One hour and fifteen minutes , four times a week . Two heavy workouts and two light (cable machine) workouts a week . The key is not to go overboard . I also drink a protein shake before I hit the...
  23. Darksyde

You're welcome!
  24. Darksyde

On an elliptical , you are basically doing what one does everyday ( walking , stepping etc etc ) using their own body weight . When you lift weights you are forced to do more than what your body is used to. Your muscles adapt by growing and getting stronger. It takes lots of calories to do that...
Back
Top Bottom