Search results

1. nh36000

Stanton 681?

Einstein; I agree. And I like my 680 Vlll with a D6800SL for a stylus. But keep your records clean! Sounds as good as pre recorded tape. Lu.
  2. nh36000

AK member

Thanks for the replies! Hmmm. Many PMs between him and me. I've been to his home for a visit, once. I know, when I was there , he said that he was battling Cancer. Maybe I'll give him a call, I have his cell number. A guitar player, him. He would let me know where he, and a band he was...
  3. nh36000

AK member

Anyone know what happened to Bobby Bluz? (Rob Rouch) I used to see him now and then. Lu.
  4. nh36000

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

'Gave this one a spin last night. "We're Only in it For the Money". Mothers of Invention. Lu
  5. nh36000

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Jefferson Airplane. Surrealistic Pillow. Spirit. Spirit, first album. Spirit. The Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus. Grand Funk Railroad. Survival. Lu.
  6. nh36000

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

And of Steppenwolf; One of the bands I was in, mid '69 an on, played 'Born to Be Wild' as the first song of the night. Our second set started out with 'Sookie Sookie'. Two block busters, played early in the evening. Lu.
  7. nh36000

New Category: TAPE find of the day?!?

Hugo Montenegro, cool! Lu.
  8. nh36000

Someone uploaded the one and only '60s, Robbs' album on YT. I looked up the album on Wikipedia and recorded the same song list on RMGIs' LPR-35 tape. A local group, you know. Lu.
  9. nh36000

Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade-Symphonic Suite, Op.35. Loren Maazel conducting the Cleveland Orchestra, Daniel Majeske, Violin Soloist. Copywrite 1978. On the London label, 7 1/2 IPS tape manufactured by Columbia House/CBS, New York. Cat.# 1R1 6898. I've had this LP for decades and I'm...
  10. nh36000

Empty 10 1/2" reels

Has 'onebean' finished up with his reel flange project? I haven't looked that up in a while. I need some empties for pancakes I have. Ebay has some from sewing-pro, in Chicago. I wonder if that's him. Write back, please. Lu.
  11. nh36000

I'm buying some used Quantegy 456 10.5" tapes. What should I be looking for?

Onebean; Get a set of flanges and screws. Lay the open pancake box on a table and pull the pancake out of the wrapping. Put one of the flanges on top of the pan cake and line up the screw holes with the screw holes in the NAB hub. Drop a screw piece, that has the threads cut inside, into...
  12. nh36000

I'm buying some used Quantegy 456 10.5" tapes. What should I be looking for?

Yeah, you guys say, no SSS on Maxell tapes. I actually have three spools of Maxell XL-l, 180B, that I bought in the early '80's and I will never again, put them on my machines. Unless I want to spend 20 or 30 minutes cleaning up the tape path, again. I thought the tape was terrific when I...
  13. nh36000

Well, not now but yesterday. I recently landed a copy of BS&T's second album at 7 1/2 IPS. I've been trying to hunt a reasonably priced, one of those, for years. Great listening, BTW. So, here it is. I started up the computer and plugged it into the stereo last night. And through the big...
  14. nh36000

Pioneer C-72 RCAs

All; I have a problem with a TEAC A-3300SR. While recording, I'm getting signal recorded on top of what's all ready recorded on the right channel only. IF, there is signal going into the inputs. This deck seems to have a sound on sound option to it. Sam P. has walked me through some...
  15. nh36000

How many reel to reel machines do you have?

I have 5. Two Sony TC-755's, Two TEAC A3300SR's and, Otari MX-5050B-2HD. I need to recap the5050 and one of the Sony's went down a couple of months ago. Someone told me that something is getting hot in there. Maybe a pre. It starts playing for 5 or so, seconds, and then it goes, just about...
  16. nh36000

'Twas last night but I gave two home made 7 1/2 IPS tapes a listen. Buffalo Springfields' Retrospective and Yes' Fragile album. Both sourced CDs. Lu.
  17. nh36000

Recommend a tech for my Pioneer RT-909

Onebeam; Cool, I am certainly looking forward to that. A year to recap a deck? I bought caps for my A-3300SR and in my spare time, I had replacements in after just a couple of days. Are those guys that busy? WOW, that's a long time for that. Lu.
  18. nh36000

Recommend a tech for my Pioneer RT-909

Onebean; A little off the subject but, I'm curious. I was looking forward to fresh made, 10 1/2" reel flanges. How's that coming along? Lu.
  19. nh36000

After lining up heads, tape path and setting levels on one of my Sony TC-755s, with a 'GENUINE', and not the piece of junk test tape that I bought in the first place, MRL test tape, I played the Association's 'Greatest Hits' and Blood, Sweat and Tears' Greatest Hits. One tape of each playback...
  20. nh36000

EAA AirVenture

Speaking of Cessna's, I spent about 50 minutes watching 172, 182, Cardinals, RG;s, 170's and a few Skywagon trikes and tail draggers, land on Saturday. Geez, that's one heck of a lot of airplanes. They were coming in, in pairs, one right after the last. Lu.
  21. nh36000

EAA AirVenture

All; I was just looking at one of the 'live' cam's at Oshkosh and saw that someone has a Grumman F6F-3, in tri- color paint, out there this year. There are a number of -5s restored, but a '3' is a rare one. It can be seen on the 'War Bird' cam. Lu.
  22. nh36000

Maxx, I gotta' ask; Is that the tape, on your 707, that came out of the box, there? I have a copy of that album on an Ampex pre recorded tape, at 3 3/4 IPS., purchased in 1969, BTW. With all that tape on that reel, I would think it's recorded at 7 1/2 IPS. And it looks like it was...
  23. nh36000

All; Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was it. Yes, Mahavishnu Orchestra, and then the Mothers of Invention, at a concert. I was trying to remember what the other group was. So, it was Love, Rory and Grand Funk, then, at another. And that one was a sell out in the arena. Lu.
  24. nh36000

Maxx; Now that IS cool! I saw Arthur Lee and band, backing up Grand Funk in the fall of '70. It was clear, that Mr. Lee didn't like the way their group sounded, through that P.A system. The bass player was back and forth to him, like, 'well, it is what it is, let's just play anyway'. Great...
  25. nh36000

PR; Yeah, being a musician, I've seen that movie a few times. It's inspiring. And all at the JVC Jazz fest in New York, to open. Lu.
Back
Top Bottom