Search results

1. mistro

Philadelphia/NYC (Trenton) to Chicagoland (or anywhere nearby)

Buying some large speakers and while I may be out there in the fall, I’d be willing to pay Benjamins to get them here before then. No real deadline but sooner than later. Thanks!
  2. mistro

Portland OR to Chicagoland

Anyone headed from the Portland, OR area to the Chicago area anytime soon? There is a TT out there that I'd like to get here. Willing to give $$. Thanks. Mike
  3. mistro

Spec Rack questions

I was lucky to just acquire two Pioneer ja r2s Spec racks. They won’t be delivered until the end of the month. They are complete with the exception of screws and shelves and should accommodate my collection of Spec components that up to now has been housed in a generic rack. I read the thread...
  4. mistro

Listening Room - electrical considerations

Hi all, Need some advice on electrical for my music room which is finally underway thanks to having some time on my hands... It’s a 13’ wide by 23’ long room in our MCM basement (300sf). The room will be “live” due the vintage paneling on two or three of the walls and the windows on the left...
  5. mistro

Oakland to Palm Springs or anywhere in So Cal (large speakers)

Anyone coming from the Oakland area 9/25/19 through 10/4/19 and passing thought Palm Springs or anywhere in SoCal who could carry two large heavy speakers..., I'm happy to pay $125, for getting those speakers from Oakland to ... LMK. Mike
  6. mistro

LUXMAN R-1040 User Manual

Does anyone have one that they are willing to share? PDF scan is fine. Online sites have sales brochure and service manual but no user manual. I like to read up on all the capabilities as I bring a new piece into the rotation. Thanks.
  7. mistro

Viva Las Vegas to Chicagoland area or nearby

Anyone headed to the Chicago area anytime soon? Have some speaker stands that I'd like to get from there to somewhere near here. Obviously will throw some $$ at you! Thanks. Mike
  8. mistro

HK670 died, need a replacement from inventory - appreciate your opinion on which one to use.

My HK 670 just decide to give up the ghost this afternoon. The sound from a playing CD went to one channel and then it just produced clicks. I need to pull the HK 670 out of the Family Room and replace with something else while I look at it; but with the basement under reno, this may be a while...
  9. mistro

Detroit area to Chicago area in December?

Anyone headed west from Detroit area? In December? LMK. Thanks. Mike
  10. mistro

Vintage-PIONEER-SPEC-Audio-Equipment-RACK-21u-21-Space-Model-JA-R2s-Wheels

I know these are rare, but $700+ for 7 pieces of aluminum, 4 casters, and two MDF boards!! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-PIONEER-SPEC-Audio-Equipment-RACK-21u-21-Space-Model-JA-R2s-Wheels-/132392267511? I know the market is what the market is but... I dropped out about $475 ago.
  11. mistro

Lancaster PA pickup and babysit

Anybody who is in/near Lancaster PA that could pick up a possible eBay win and babysit until I get out that way next year? Device is not heavy but will need a small suv to transport. LMK. Thanks. Mike
  12. mistro

Anyone heading from Oregon to Chicago

Realize that's not a heavily traveled route but anyone? Thanks. Mike
  13. mistro

Thiel CS 1.2 Stabilizer pins

I have some Thiels that are bouncing. Looking for stabilizer pins and with Thiels not really supporting the old stuff, does anyone have a set or can measure the holes so I can look on eBay. Thanks.
  14. mistro

Chicago to Nashville to West Palm Beach & return

Over Thanksgiving holiday week plus a bit more... anyone needs anything moved.. happy to help! Rgds, Mike
  15. mistro

Something I'm steering clear of but you guys might have fun. EBTH auction of vinyl collection.

Online Everything But The House Auction, ends Wednesday. No affiliation! https://www.ebth.com/seller-story-howard-weinberg-washington-dc?utm_source=daily-digest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-digest-2017-10-08&utm_term=main-image&utm_content=seller-story
  16. mistro

Newly acquired AR XA...

I picked this up at an Estate Sale in my hometown for a lot less than ebay sold ones. For once I was first in line, 90 minutes before the sales started (it was a small sale). The only 3 of us to arrive before opening time, were all there for the turntable. I was able to talk down the price, just...
  17. mistro

Nashville to Chicago (or even close) $$$

Anyone? Some big speakers but will make it worthwhile to you! Thanks Mike
  18. mistro

Dahlquist DQ-10 what to look for and why mirror?

Going to look at some DQ-10 tomorrow. Supposedly a bit rough on the sides but sound great by the owner. Questions: 1. What should I look for? 2. How do you take the dock off? 3. What is mirroring and why would I want (these are not mirrored)? Thanks Mike
  19. mistro

acoustic ceiling tiles

I was in the dress store in the coastal town in northern Michigan. Shopping with the wife, honest to God. Saw the ceiling tiles. Offered the proprietor $$$ but she declined. However she did let me poke them with a stick and they are foamy. Anyone ever see this before? They might look great in...
  20. mistro

My new Listening Room, where should the damping fabric go?

My Den in the basement took on a minor amount of water in a storm last month. No damage whatsoever but it did make my wife and I tear up the old rug that was in there and get off our duffs and start to expand the room. The old room was 13.5' x 13.5'. By taking down a wall we will expand the...
  21. mistro

All this and no bids...

https://www.ebth.com/items/6464265-sherwood-stereo-components-speakers-cabinet-and-sony-cd-changer?utm_source=notifications&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=saved-keywords No affiliation... and don't want to be affiliated. Liquid cooled speakers! Indianapolis run! LOL
  22. mistro

Magnavox 9303 pairing to an integrated amp recommendation

All I'm in the process of buying a modded Magnavox 9303 from another AKer on BT. It's my second tube system after my Conrad Johnson. The issue is the integrated amp to pair with this 15 wpc power amp. Right now I have I have two integrated amps, the Luxman L-430 rated at 105 wpc and a...
  23. mistro

September Road trip! Chicago to Charlottesville to Rehoboth Beach and return

Will be driving a VAN. Let me know how I can help. Rgds, Mike
  24. mistro

Hickory, NC

Anyone around there that would care to babysit a pair of speakers for approximately the next 2 months? I'll be swinging by in mid September and would pick them up then and drop off some of your favorite beverage... Thanks! I have about a week to decide if I want to pull the trigger! Rgds, Mike
  25. mistro

Houston to Chicago

have a potential TT in Houston, need to get it to Chicago. No rush. Thanks Mike
Back
Top Bottom