Search results

1. C

Help with CR-620 Blowing Main AC Fuse - Outputs Good

I have a beautiful CR-620 that HAD bad outputs. I replaced all 4 outputs with MJ21193/94 and recapped the power supply section. I used a dim bulb and powered it on. The unit was repaired and worked well for a few weeks... After running it for a few weeks, the main AC fuse (3.0A 250V) blew...
  2. C

Help with repair of SX-750

Unit powers on, tuner meter works, however, the speaker relay never engages. All output transistors test ok, and the unit still doesn't have a relay click with the amp unplugged. Here are the power supply voltages I was hoping someone could help. 1) -34V 2-7) 0V 8) -34V 9) -.2V 10) -34V 11-15)...
  3. C

2220 No FM reception

I have a 2220 not a model B, that has no FM reception at all. I am thinking the problem is in the FM front end, but the board has no bottom access and I am not very good at rewinding tuner strings. Does anyone have any ideas where to look or what might be the cause? With an antenna hooked up...
  4. C

Help with SA-6500 II

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out this problem I am having with a Pioneer SA-6500 II. The unit powers on, and I get a perfect sine wave out of the outputs at LOW volume (Volume knob is 0-10). When the knob gets to around 3, I notice distortion and the bottom half of the sine wave clips...
  5. C

Help with 2235B

I have a 2235B that when powering on, the speaker protection relay will click on, and then immediately click right back off. Right now I have the output transistors pulled, tested, and they were ok. With them out of the unit, the relay still clicks on, then off. I have recapped the power...
  6. C

Replacing a Varistor

I'm working on a MC2105 for a friend and had it working great. He brought it back a week later with a blown main fuse. After examining, the varistor near the main filter caps started smoking, cracked, and the main 5A fuse blew. It looks like he may have had a power surge of some sort. I replaced...
  7. C

SX-780 - Counterfeit Darlingtons?

I have a Pioneer SX-780 that was blowing a main fuse (#4 - 4A I believe). I removed the power wires going to the Darlington outputs, replaced the fuse and the unit powered on and lit up AND the speaker relay clicks. Great, right? So, I went to eBay and bought some replacement STK-0050's ($15...
  8. C

strange transistor legs in sansui 800

I'm working on a Sansui 800 and trying to fix an issue with low volume, crackling, and one channel being louder than the other. I'm going to recap the unit but I also noticed there are a few transistors with legs that are PAPER THIN and FLEXIBLE. Can anyone shed any light on this? Is this...
  9. C

when service manual doesn't match board?

I'm rebuilding a 2285b amplifier board where half of the board literally went up in smoke. The amp board is basically a mirror image. I have two identical sides. My problem is that the service manual calls for a different value of resistor that is on the opposite side of the board. Most of them...
  10. C

Mackie m1400i problems

I have a Mackie m1400i that I am trying to figure out what the problem is. I get very low volume, even with the volume cranked, and it sounds somewhat distorted. - I have checked all fuses, they are all good. - I have tested voltage at each output transistor and the proper voltage is there...
  11. C

Marantz 2230 Questions

My father in law gave me his Marantz 2230 today and it is in excellent condition, except for a few lamps being out. A few questions if you guys don't mind please... I noticed that when tuning FM Stereo, only the right channel plays unless I press the mono button, then both channels play...
Back
Top Bottom