Search results

1. StraitNet

Anyone have tips on getting insurance for hard to find equipment?

Talked to my (possible) future insurance provider recently and asked how they value things if a claim is opened. Pretty much same as I would think...going off Ebay sales or online listings when possible. But she wasn't sure what they would do if there are no similar items with prices to reflect...
  2. StraitNet

Looking for value on set of AR 10 pi speakers with original foam grills

Hi all. On most items I can just browse sold listings on Ebay to get an idea of what things have sold for but these speakers seem harder to find. They may be too heavy for people to want to deal with selling them on Ebay..who knows. I just need to get a value put together and could really use...
  3. StraitNet

Would complete system be worth more or less than the sum of all items?

Hopefully the thread title made sense, kept changing my mind on the wording so just went with it finally..lol What I have been wondering for awhile now is whether a full system, say one that has amp combo, turn table and speakers should contain more monetary value as a "Lot" or if there would...
  4. StraitNet

Would my system sound better with a higher end cartridge?

I have tried and tried to read up on information regarding cartridges and still for the life of me cannot get a good grasp on it all. What I am trying to figure out is if my current system will sound just as good with a cheap cartridge (like it has right now) or if I am missing out on...
  5. StraitNet

Is it possible to hook up multiple sets to multiple units for testing?

Currently I have about 10 sets of speakers and maybe 5 or so amps or receiver that I am wanting to try and pair up with each other to compare sound. I am hoping it's possible to do this in some way where I can push buttons for each set of speakers and each amp or reciever..very similar to how...
  6. StraitNet

Help needed cleaning pots and touch controls Philips 5721

I got this Philips 5721 Pre-amp unit in the other day to sell for a client and after hooking everything up am noticing it crackling a bit when I turn the volume knob. Thought I could just de-oxit but the pot is enclosed in a black plastic box and I am not familiar with this. (if you can tell...
  7. StraitNet

Looking for knob and manual for Luxman M-02 or C-02

Does anyone know where I can get an original manual for any of the the following units?: Luxman M-02 Luxman C-02 Luxman T-02 (and) Marantz 6300 Or the knob in the photo for the M-02 or C-02 (same knob)?. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. p.s. hope this is the right forum...
  8. StraitNet

Sanyo JCX2100 KR Amp n Receiver - Newb needs help

Hi all..this is my first post and I will thank you in advance for the help and let you know that I pretty much have zero knowledge when it comes to electronics..but I can if need be sold a capacitor to a board or check voltage (if easy to understand). That being said..I have a Sanyo receiver...
Back
Top Bottom