Search results

1. 4312

Hello Scott Would you happen to be "thee" Scott Muni? The Scott Muni from WNEW...

Hello Scott Would you happen to be "thee" Scott Muni? The Scott Muni from WNEW...
  2. 4312

Who still uses Weller WTCPT ?

My father worked at Weller for a few decades up until they moved the factory from Pennsylvania to down south. I learned how to solder before I could walk. When I was just a little tyke my dad used to make a sort of flash light for me out of the shell of their soldering guns. Remember the ones...
  3. 4312

Haven't Been Around For A While...

A nice clean setup... No BS...
  4. 4312

Why is speaker load needed on a Tube Amp?

Nice to see more information on this topic has come to light. From the information in the link that was posted, it seems that maintaining a load at the speaker terminals isn't as critical as I first thought. But I really don't want take any chances. It would be a pisser to have something fail...
  5. 4312

Another Sansui AU20000

This is an excellent thread. Especially for me since I have a AU20000 as well. It's been gone through but I suspect not as thoroughly as I would do myself, and certainly not as good as Kale would do. Thanks Kale for taking the time to post all of the work you're doing and explaining the problems...
  6. 4312

That's doable. I'll have to order a few resistors. I was going to try out the switcher this evening but I guess I'll wait now. I'm glad I posted the question. Thanks again.
  7. 4312

Thanks I understand perfectly how a coil can step-up alternating currents. I never thought to apply that phenomena to an audio output transformer. I just finished building a switching circuit that will allow me to compare the sound between two amplifiers instantaneously. One amp is solid state...
  8. 4312

Hello Can anyone tell me why it is said with tube amps "do not power up amplifier without any speakers connected" The output tubes always see the load of the output transformers. So I cant imagine what might happen if there is no load on the output terminals. I'm just curious... Anyone? Jim H.
  9. 4312

BA 3000 heads up

That is strange. I haven't a clue as to what happened to all the gear the guy had listed. And for the auctions to just disappear totally is odd also. All I know is I'm glad I got mine from him with no problems. I still have his number, I'm tempted to give him a call. Jim H.
  10. 4312

BA 3000 heads up

I'm not sure which scam artist you're referring to. Anyway I met this guy in person when I picked up my gear from him. He works as a male nurse, he still had on scrubs or what ever they wear. We only talked briefly, he didn't seem to be very knowledgeable about Hi Fi, kind of like he's not into...
  11. 4312

BA 3000 heads up

The Sansui stuff I acquired is 100V, so maybe he has connections from over sea's. When I picked up the equipment he asked if I was interested in a BA 5000 that he could get. Unfortunately after just forking out the cash for the BA & CA, I was tapped out.... Jim H.
  12. 4312

BA 3000 heads up

I see there's a BA 3000 on one of those auction sites . Looks nice. The only reason I'm mentioning it is, it's from the same seller that I got my BA & CA 3000 from less than a year ago. Where does this guy come across all this Sansui stuff. I wish I had his connections... Location say's Corona...
  13. 4312

BA-3000 Restoration underway

A few More Photos I feel fortunate to have come across such a clean representation of this amp. To me, condition means a lot. I take pride in the Hi Fi equipment that I own and this piece fits right in. This interest in Sansui all started about two years ago when I was looking for a...
  14. 4312

The Last Mod, LED lighting for the meters. Thanks for the comments on the above. For the meter lighting, I started off by making simple metal holders out of thin brass sheet stock, similar to what the original bulb holders are like. I took some 3/8 inch thick clear acrylic and cut it by 1/2...
  15. 4312

Next Up... I needed to upgrade the speaker terminals. The original terminals wouldn't accommodate the terminations on the speaker cables I'm using. Nothing major but still easier said than done. Fortunately I was able to remove the old binding post's and install new post's in the original...
  16. 4312

Thanks to all for your words of encouragement A lot to cover here so let's see how it goes. I really wanted to add balanced inputs to this amp. For reasons known to me and mentioned in another thread this was a must. I had the holes for the balanced jacks machined in the rear panel. Drilling a...
  17. 4312

I haven't posted for a while. So here's the latest news on the restoration of my BA 3000. I've been running the Sansui for a few months now. I'm very happy with how it turned out. The sound is detailed and spacious. The amp looks fantastic, and it's so nice to have it all back together 100%...
  18. 4312

BA-3000: Pristine Amp Proves Lifeless

I used a 150 watt bulb in my dbt while I was working on my BA-3000. Bright at turn on then glows dimly during normal operation. Just sayin...
  19. 4312

Activley convert Balanced Audio Signal to S.E (how to)

Thanks for the additional information and explanation on the KMTech balance board. I was aware of the rail splitter but I don't have the technical backround to fully understand it's function on the board. You are also correct on the resistors I was referring to. They do allow signal from input...
  20. 4312

Activley convert Balanced Audio Signal to S.E (how to)

The Latest Here's the latest on my endeavor to implement balanced inputs on a Sansui BA 3000. I got the balance board from KMTech. For the heck of I also sprang for a Burson SS discrete dual op-amp. I tried two different ways to power the board from the Sansui's transformer. Both ways resulted...
  21. 4312

Zobel Filters?

Thanks. I'm referring to the .047 Mylar cap and 10 ohm resistors strapped across the speaker terminals on my BA-3000. I had no idea of their function. Jim H.
  22. 4312

Zobel Filters?

What are their purpose? I've read a few references to them but I still have no idea as to what they are there for. Jim H.
  23. 4312

Acid Test Here's the latest on the BA-3000 restoration... To keep it short. I've gone over all the boards, replaced every electrolytic cap, matched differential pairs, replaced all trimmers and re-flowed most all solder joints. Did a test last weekend using a secondary system. I adjusted the...
  24. 4312

Thanks... I didn't know the value would increase over time. I did overlook doing the small signal transistor tucked inside. I believe that handles the bias current correct? Jim H.
  25. 4312

Update I'm in Deep. After reworking the PS & Driver Boards then testing the amp to see if I had corrected the static/popping in the left channel. I started in on the next step of the restoration. The boards for the output transistors don't have feed through's or via's. The boards use pin...
Back
Top Bottom