1. L200B

Passive Sub

I was only thinking one direction.
  2. L200B

Passive Sub

Oh you're right
  3. L200B

Passive Sub

I'm saying put Ys at the right and left out from my preamp. Then right and left Y in to my mono sub. then low pass. So. I'd still have stereo. Only the sub would be mono. I don't know the model of the woofer. It's not printed on the speaker. It has heavy rubber surround. I'm pretty sure it was...
  4. L200B

Passive Sub

Really I just want a simple circuit. Low pass. Something that JBL would have made. I don't what a JBL model number for a low pass filter would be. Maybe they didn't make anything like that till the 80s. No idea. I have seen subs that take the signal off the left and right channel speaker wires...
  5. L200B

Passive Sub

It is a random JBL subwoofer. And a random JBL cabinet. I don't know what model the sub woofer is. The woofer didnt come out of this cabinet. They're rated 10watts. Hard to say what they're actually putting out. I'm surprised they drive the 4320s so well. They're doing a fine job though. I'm...
  6. L200B

Passive Sub

I was thinking passive when I started the post. I have 3rd amp though.
  7. L200B

Passive Sub

I have this cabinet and this 15" sub woofer. Right now I'm using 2 10wpc amps with 4320s. I have a 3rd amp on my desk doing nothing. What crossover would I use? How would I pull the signal?
  8. L200B

How to apply aquaplas?

I think there are some good kits out there now. I haven't looked in some years though.
  9. L200B

How to apply aquaplas?

I bought a pair of 4311 with reconed woofers once. The recone kit the guy used had cones that weren't coated and the surrounds weren't doped. I don't understand why any cone manufacturer would make a kit like that. I replaced the woofers and sold the ones with the bad kit on ebay with good...
  10. L200B

Is this Sears Silvertone worth restoring?

There are different levels of restoration. Making it function probably isn't very expensive. Especially if you're doing the work yourself. Making it showroom condition is probably not worth considering unless you have the skills yourself. It really comes down to what it's worth to you.
  11. L200B

JBL Studio 590 lacking bass

eq
  12. L200B

JBL C78 Alpha II

So, this thing came in to my life. Not speakers. But, since I'm a big nerd it has me intrigued. What do you think would have been in this? What is missing from this picture? The magazine page is from High Fidelity Magazine 12/1968.
  13. L200B

Scoping Speakers

It looks cool.
  14. L200B

Scoping Speakers

I don't want to do something weird to the load and screw up my amp. But I want to scope my speaker. Maybe it's a stupid question. Not sure.
  15. L200B

Scoping Speakers

Hey, If I connect a scope to my speaker, do I need to terminate it to prevent damage to my amp?
  16. L200B

JBL LE8 Early Version - Disaster or Salvageable?

Heck of a lot better than what you started with.
  17. L200B

Need Help w/ Ear Fatigue (JBL L3 / L5 / 035ti)

If you think the tweeter is too hot why don't you just turn down the treble?
  18. L200B

Recap of JBL 4408A, with doing it?

You should leave them alone. If you want to do a project, you should calculate what the current cutoff of your crossover is. That will tell you how much the cutoff has drifted from spec. I have never seen a pair of 4408s that really needed the caps replaced.
  19. L200B

I'm not opposed to the black spray paint idea. I was going to suggest some kind of color but didn't have a good solution. It's a tricky maneuver though. Proceed with caution. :thumbsup:
  20. L200B

Don't glue the surround to the front of the cone. That's as bad as the dude who smeared silicone on them. They're never going to look perfect again. But fix them right.
  21. L200B

It looks like the original surround is under there. I'd try to clean them up if they were mine.
  22. L200B

Smashed Minimus 7W faceplate

I bet that could be 3d printed pretty easy.
  23. L200B

Bad inductor on Jbl 4435 xover?

Be 100% sure its bad before you do anything to replace it.
  24. L200B

JBL 044 vs 034 screens

I think it'll fit.
Back
Top Bottom