Search results

1. p4spooky

Onkyo A-9010 repair (No sound)

Perform a full reset (first post has details). If sound is still low, swap the connections to pins 5,6,7 (see post #4). Test and update this thread.
  2. p4spooky

990DB Phono issue

I would start by checking the power supply inputs to the phono board. Not common to lose both channels at the same time on a working unit. So before you suspect the BA312 ICs, check the unit is receiving the power to the phono board.
  3. p4spooky

Luxman R-1120 Receiver Left channel blown. Need substitute parts?

+70V is an important clue. The problem could lie on the top half of the driver board (NPN side). Check EVERY component in this area and compare to the "working" channel. If you did not change the trimmers, pull them out and check to make sure they are not open/tracking properly. Check your work...
  4. p4spooky

Sub for 2SC693F

Both KSC1845 and KSC1815 will work. For tone board - KSC1845 will be better.
  5. p4spooky

Sansui AU-717 Main filter cap's boards.

What is the mini PCB on the bottom right of your picture?
  6. p4spooky

Got my boards from JLCPCB. Absolutely brilliant design. Will make the main filter cap upgrades a breeze. I got a question from JLCPCB during board verification process, if the slots where the caps fit needs to be plated. I responded "The four (4) slots are PLATED. The capacitors will be...
  7. p4spooky

Yamaha RX-V850 Protection Shutdown

If it made no difference then the fault is most likely in the differential pair (2SA970) in the amplifier section. Hard to find exact replacement but matched KSA992FBU should work. You need to replace both channels. Not an easy amp to work on so take your time to research and build a DBT before...
  8. p4spooky

Yamaha RX-V850 Protection Shutdown

Loud cracks and pops is DC going to your speakers. Not good and typically indicates "leaky" transistor(s). Seperate the preamp and amp sections (by removing the jumpers in the back for FRONT L/R). If you hear pops and crackling with the receiver powerd on (after jumpers are removed) is...
  9. p4spooky

This is perfect. Will send DM to @TupolevFan for the gerbers. WOW - this will look nice compared to the ring connector I was planning to use.
  10. p4spooky

Denon DRA-1025 - Repair/pratial restoration

Sorry that did not fix the issue. Happy to help, but this switching circuit is complicated with clock, data and ST signal triggered by the microcontroller. I am glad the workaround was acceptable to the owner. Another great sounding receiver saved from the dump.
  11. p4spooky

Looks like it. I would replace it at this point. Not stocked at Mouser or Digikey. ElectronicaUSA - Never ordered from them Ebay listings with US sellers - use caution
  12. p4spooky

Sorry for the confusion, IC301 TC9164N
  13. p4spooky

Great trouble shooting @slater529 Based on your posts 23 and 24, I am suspecting the IC 9164. 1. Probe pins 13, 15 and 16 - ST, Clock and Data. Not sure how the wave form should looks but I suspect you will see a constant clock and data when you switch inputs. ST should be a pulse when...
  14. p4spooky

It does not. What's interesting is after switching from CD to Phono you still hear CD source. That makes IC301 suspect more than the protect circuit. If I understand the circuit corrrectly, when you switch inputs - signal is muted -> RL501 disengages -> signal unmute -> RL501 engages Check if...
  15. p4spooky

Do you hear relay click (off) and then (on) when you switch source? Source switching is done by IC301. Check +/- VCC (should be +/- 15v). Can you probe (with a scope) pins 6 and 25 - output after switching from CD to Phono. Pins 12 and 17 output can be probed at CN3B. Please check if you are...
  16. p4spooky

I had incorrectly linked to the 24V regulator - NOTE the corrected link below Low noise 15V regulator
  17. p4spooky

Excellent - I am running this amp in the bedroom. Amazing sound. Enjoy yours.
  18. p4spooky

That should work. Alternatively you can get a super cap. https://www.mouser.com/c/passive-components/capacitors/supercapacitors-ultracapacitors/?q=22000uf%205.5v&instock=y Don't know if the ESR value is important in this application.
  19. p4spooky

Went back to google photos of my repair. See below. They are indeed 22mF 5.5V cap on my amp. With the 8.2mF cap the duration of memory will be reduced but should not kill the regulator. You may want to check D719, if shorted you can replace it with 1N4148.
  20. p4spooky

The yellow cap is a memory backup cap (stores programmed radio stations). Both 15V and 6V regulators run hot as they run close to their current limit and are prone to failure. If you suspect the 6V regulator has failed, suggest you also replace with 15V regulator while you have the board out...
  21. p4spooky

BA-5000 Zener Replacements: F-2521 Power Supply (Low Voltage)

E1B01-15 Replacement (500mW) E1B01-15 Replacement (1.3W) RD24E Replacement All these are 2% low noise parts.
  22. p4spooky

Zener Diode replacement question, Concept 12.0D

While you are at it - replace R510/R508 and their corresponding pair (if any). These looks like they have been subject to the corrosive glue as well. Remove the caps, clean the board and reassemble with new parts.
  23. p4spooky

Concept 11.0 restoration recap et. al.

I have one waiting to be restored. Your thread will be of great help.
  24. p4spooky

Pin 7 is AC volt. Connect meter black lead to PIN 2 and red to PIN 7 and measure AC. Reconfirm it is 7.74V. Pin 9 is rectified by D701. Should be 7.74*1.414-(Diode drop of D701). Looks like 9V is OK. Also from schematic it looks like PL5 (stereo light) is connected to Pin 9. Tune FM to stereo...
  25. p4spooky

If you are measuring with DBT connected the voltages will be lower. Please confirm
Back
Top Bottom