Search results

1. KenP

Any Elipson owners here?

I now have two pairs of elipsons, orphee and colonne design. The colonne is quite impressive 5' tall 5" woofers with double magnet structures and sub in the bottom. The amount of clean bass they got out of these 5" woofers is quite amazing. What else do people have from elipson, a little known...
  2. KenP

DHL from Japan

Does anyone have any experience importing from Japan using dhl as a carrier? I'd like to know if you got hit with customs or duty charges when the item arrived. Thanks
  3. KenP

Yamaha C4 capacitors

There are a few caps in there marked ukn in the schematic, are these anything special? are they low leakage? Thanks
  4. KenP

Technics se-c01

Trying to find info for bias adjustment or schematics for this one. The only thing available is for the two piece version sh-c01/se-c01 nothing seems to be out there for the version with built in power supply. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  5. KenP

Jbl L-65 cab plans

Searched the net and couldn't find good information so I thought I'd check the database of experts here. Are there plans available for the l65, I'd like to build a set of clones and want exact measurements of the cabs and internal bracing. Thanks
  6. KenP

Perreaux 3000b bias

Can't find any info for this amp. Does anyone know what the bias current should be? Also where are the test points? Thanks
  7. KenP

Ca-2000 with low output mc

I've had a ca2000 for a few years now and wanted to try a lo output MC cart, I picked up an at32e to use on another amp. I've tried it on the CA and can get pretty good loudness on the 2mv setting (carts output is .4mv), have to turn it up to about -8db to get acceptable loudness. Is there...
  8. KenP

Perreaux sm2 service manual/schematic

Nothing seems to be online for this, nothing. Does anyone have a schematic for it? Have one coming and I'd like to study it a bit. Thanks
  9. KenP

Perreaux 2150b bias current

Picked one up a few weeks back and man it sounds good. Looked at the service manual and it calls for 350ma of bias current, seems pretty high. Anyone have any experience with this amp?
  10. KenP

Crossover making sound

Just picked up a pair of celestion 66 speakers. I was checking individual drivers to make sure everything is OK and noticed something that I've never noticed before, the crossover with no speakers connected is making noise. You can actually hear the music playing through the crossover. Is this...
  11. KenP

Nad pp2 questions

I have a reciever with only one phono input, I have 2 turntables one with an mc cartridge and one with an mm cartridge. Can I plug in both to a nad pp2 and just use the switch on the back of the nad to switch between the two?
  12. KenP

Vintage receiver with mc phono

Looking for a nice vintage receiver 75-125 watts per channel that has a moving coil phono input. I now have a yamaha cr-2020, what else is out there?
  13. KenP

Tuner for Ba/ca-f1

Is there a tuner to match this series available? I've looked and can't find anything. Thanks
  14. KenP

WC-43 cabinet questions

Does anyone know the thickness of the metal screen and also the hole diameter?
  15. KenP

Pioneer ct-f1250 head cover

Just picked up one of these, only problem is that the flip down head cover is broken. Someone fixed it by glueing metal rings on so it still kind of works. Question is does the cover from a ct-f900 or 950 fit? part numbers are different but just wondering if someone has any experience with...
  16. KenP

Tandberg 440 capstan motor

Just picked up a Tandberg tcd-440a, unfortunately the capstan motor is toast, does anyone know where to pick one up? Also does the motor from one of the 300 series decks fit?
  17. KenP

Pioneer ct-a9

Just got this a couple weeks back as a non working deck because the door wouldn't open. Changed both belts and the idler tire and it won't play. Door opens and closes normally, heads go up but tapes won't play, motors don't even turn. I remember reading somewhere about the deck not working if...
  18. KenP

A-960

Picked one up on ebay a couple months back as non working, paid $20. Opened it up this morning and was really surprised, this thing looks brand new not a speck of dust or dirt inside all capacitors look brand new. It must have been kept in a sealed cabinet or something it's so clean...
  19. KenP

Hitachi hma/hca-6500

I may be getting this set and was looking for the matching tuner, but the only thing I found was a lo-d ft-380 tuner which seems to be an exact match. Is there a hitachi branded one that's the same as the lo-d ft-380? Thanks
  20. KenP

Harman kardon hk400xm belts

Does anyone know where to get belts and a pinch roller for this model? One place pops up during a search but nothing in stock and special order. There is one place on ebay which seems to sell the belts but not the roller. I've looked through the service manual and it shares the roller and...
  21. KenP

Rotel RA-1312 meter bulbs

Does anybody know the voltage of the light bulbs for the meters of this amp? Or possibly a replacement from digikey? I'm going to place an order at digikey soon and if I can get it there that would be great. Thanks
  22. KenP

700M-700C I've joined the club

My first ever kenwoods. After reading so many good things about them I decided to find some units. Luckily a 700M came up pretty cheap locally and then the next week I found a 700C locally as well. The amp needs a bit of tlc but the pre is bone stock and in really great condition. I've...
  23. KenP

Source for NS-1000M stickers

Been searching for a few months with not much luck to find new ones. One is missing and the other is pealing a bit so I'd like to replace them after refinishing. Does anyone know where they can be found? Thanks
  24. KenP

Yamaha ns-1000m grills

Has anyone ever taken the grills off the woofers of these speakers? I'd like to get them off to clean the woofers up a bit.
  25. KenP

De-apoc B&W 802

Got a nice pair of B&W 802 series 80 this past week and decided to take out the apoc circuit, also disconnected the 1000uf cap inline with the woofers. Did one and tried it and it did in fact sound much better, so here's a couple pics of the second one. Recap will be next. While I was a it I...
Back
Top Bottom