Search results

1. Raphaz

Modern substitute for Yamaha R-2000

It seems like the main issue with the R-N1000A and up is, according to experts testing/measuring them, the noise level of their amp section? But that’s just based on random Google searches. I’m not a tech so I don’t know how much of that really translates to audible noise or distortion anyway...
  2. Raphaz

Yep - it looks good and sounds good on paper - but the reviews I read aren’t great. Considering the price tag I expected them to live up to something like the pin quality of an R-2000. But maybe some of you here had better experiences
  3. Raphaz

Compact powered book shelve speakers

Good point, thank you!
  4. Raphaz

Great! Thank you
  5. Raphaz

Great! Thank you!
  6. Raphaz

The AE adapters are very intriguing! I have a couple questions if you don’t mind: Looks like they can do WiFi (not just Bluetooth), right? I’m assuming it requires an AE transmitter and AE receiver - I wouldn’t be able to use a Wiim as a transmitter (attached to my old receiver’s out) and...
  7. Raphaz

Yep - it looks good and sounds good on paper - but the reviews I read aren’t great. Considering the price tag I expected them to live up to something like the pin quality of an R-2000. But maybe some of you here had better experiences?
  8. Raphaz

Thank you. Was wondering about the AE adapters. I’ll loo into that.
  9. Raphaz

Is there a modern receiver with WiFi and transmitting abilities that is comparable in sound quality (and possibly looks) to a vintage Yamaha R-2000 (or a CR-2040)? I do have a Wiim Pro Plus that I currently use as a DAC and for streaming - but I’d like to add the ability to wirelessly (ideally...
  10. Raphaz

I currently run a bunch of Minimus 7 speakers in a large, open space. They serve as secondary speakers and are driven by a vintage R-2000 ( for the mains I use a pair of Q500 plus a 12” Klipsch sub). I’d like to replace the M7s with powered and/or WiFi speakers as I want to go wireless for the...
  11. Raphaz

Using Wiim Pro Plus timer to trigger other devices

Maybe I can use the Wiim's standby settings in the App. If not, worst case, I'll just leave the Wiim running in play/streaming mode when I listen to other sources during the day. Since all my sources are going to the receiver, once I switch to other sources, the sound coming from the Wiim will...
  12. Raphaz

Wired powered apeakers converted to wireless

Has anyone experience with converting wired, powered speakers to wireless?
  13. Raphaz

cpt-paranoia, while waiting for all the parts to be shipped, I have a follow-up question. With the risk of sounding super silly: When you have this all set up, how do you switch between Wiim-timed, Wiim-controlled and regular use of the receiver(s) - like during the day when you just want to...
  14. Raphaz

Jayvis: I have two old school receivers connected, and 2 speakers and a sub wired to the main receiver, and 6 speakers in other rooms wired to the other receiver. I want to use the Wiim’s wake-up and sleep timer functions, so that when the Wiim starts streaming, all the receivers and the sub...
  15. Raphaz

I didn’t realize there was a Wiim section on AK. I may share my discoveries and the outcome of this endeavor there. Agree, while their support is decent, they could save themselves and their customers time with better documentation. I guess Swiss-knive-like devices like the Pro Plus would...
  16. Raphaz

Bingo! https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/power-on-off-devices-without-12v-trigger.3003/ Thread 'Power On/Off Devices without 12V Trigger'
  17. Raphaz

I asked the forum. Good idea. Thanks. If I can’t get that info, I’ll try to find a 3.5 mm to RCA cable, and strip the two RCA ends - that way I’ll know which one is + and which is -? I have to assume that the Wiim’s out has standard wiring! But let’s see, maybe someone has merci.
  18. Raphaz

Wiim’s first response was their recommendation to use my receiver’s trigger in, but since mine doesn’t have it I doubled down, explaining a bit more precisely what intend to do. I think they also don’t want their customers to “tinker” with their devices. Their support seems pretty solid, so I...
  19. Raphaz

Thank you! Or I find a prepped wire that has the 3.5 mm on one end and is open in the other - if something like that exists. What happens if I get the +/- wrong? Do I break something?
  20. Raphaz

I’m slightly disappointed that there are no smart power strips out there that can do this (without further tinkering) in this voltage range. Maybe not so smart after all. But hey, maybe I just didn’t find it yet?! Seems like a market niche. Meanwhile, my search terms seem to start hitting...
  21. Raphaz

Oh, interesting! Thank you. I guess that’s what they call a relay switch? What exactly would I do with this? Would you trust a layman like me to set this up without setting the house on fire or breaking any of my precious gadgets?
  22. Raphaz

The currency-difference of the Wiim in standby-mode vs. play-mode is (from what Google tells me) 150 mA in idle to 220 mA during playback – I don't know how accurate that is, what the Voltage-equivalent would be and if 70 mA is enough for one of these aforementioned master-controlled...
  23. Raphaz

Thank you. That’s nice. Not exactly the convenience of a timer though - it would be nice to be woken up by a particular playlist, or to doze away knowing it will shut down.
  24. Raphaz

Yeah. Terrible first world problems we have, don’t we.
  25. Raphaz

So maybe just a smart timer for the receiver, and the Wiim by itself programmed for the same time. I was hoping that there was an easier solution where the WIM timer triggers everything else. I do have an old audio timer…
Back
Top Bottom