Search results

1. bloodrock

I think I did ok - Magneplanar MG-1(improved) speakers - $125

Clutter What was it...about 2 months or so ago, I went to your home for the 1st time and you could actually see the floor. Boy have we been busy :yes:
  2. bloodrock

Another Great CL Happy Ending

CL story My thoughts as well, but this is how CL is sometimes. Didnt ask her why, at that point it was a non issue. She did call me after the initial conversation that someone had come over, but left disgusted, so I am sure she would have let me know either way that the speakers were still...
  3. bloodrock

CL story Yes, she actually e-mailed and thanked me for in her words "your obsession" and said that she knew someone would enjoy these. She realizes now that this stuff was to good to throw away, and was happy it found a good home. I have been playing some of the lp's she gave me and she...
  4. bloodrock

Good CL day Absolutely. She just e-mailed me and thanked me for coming over and lightening her load of stuff. She is in the process of selling her home and cleaning out the basement. She mentioned in her e-mail to me that she was going to throw all this stuff out, but then thought that...
  5. bloodrock

I responded to a free ad on Seattle CL for free speakers. BA A60's. Good condition stated in ad. Left an e-mail at 3:00 am and party called me this morning to say come and get them. 2 hours later she called again and told me that another person had come out to get them, but left and called her...
  6. bloodrock

Thorens TD 145/Denon DL-300

Forecast calls for more rain snow sleet and hail Thats right, for the next few weeks, the forecast calls for more rain.....:no:
  7. bloodrock

Thorens denon Nice weather I think keeps most people away from there computers or phones. Outside BBQ' ing and such. I would think your phone will ringing off the hook soon. You are welcome about the lp's. Same for me as well. I will also be looking for the Joni Mitchell Blue for you and me...
  8. bloodrock

Would like to thank Speakerlabfan for picking this Thorens/Denon combo up for me. Certainly much honor among AK members. This is what makes this site so great. Meeting and making good friends. So, a couple of questions. Would like to know a couple of things about the Thorens. The Thorens TT's...
  9. bloodrock

Speaker ID

Thanks for the info. I was more interested in the 9090, and wanting to buy it alone. He wont sell it without selling the speakers, so will probably pass. I am sure there are 9090's out there still for somewhat less then his asking price. If it were a 9090db, then maybe I would consider it. Is...
  10. sp200-1

sp200-1

Sansui SP-200 speakers
  11. san1

san1

Sansui collection of QRX 7500 5500 QR 6500 QRX 7001 Sansui 7070
  12. bloodrock

Speaker ID

Seller doesn't know what brand speakers are. Any ideas? Also the reason for the question is that in one of the pics, there is a Sansui 9090 (not db) receiver as well. He wants to either sell the speakers alone or both receiver/speakers together. Wont sell sansui separately. Wants 250.00 for set...
  13. bloodrock

MG-1's Hi Dick, Actually you would be surprised on how these would sound with 35 tube watts. Years ago (1993), I had a pair of Martin Logan Quest speakers, and was using a Classe' 15 power amp rated at I think 100 watts per. A friend of mine wanted it and we traded amps. He had a pair of...
  14. bloodrock

MG-1's Really nice speakers you got today. Give them plenty of room to breath, and if possible, nothing between them. Do you still have that tube amp you borrowed from a friend IIRC? Try that with these. Great score considering these were fixed at the factory, and you should have years of...
  15. bloodrock

Wednesday Tunes

Wednesdays tunes Bloodrock USA
  16. bloodrock

Favorite Sabbath?

Black Sabbath favorite Gotta be this one
  17. bloodrock

Kenwood KR-9600 receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 Just found some jumpers in a long forgotten box of stuff. They fit perfect. Just finished doing another cleaning with Deoxit, so will wait to hook her back up tomorrow to see if the minor issues are fixed. Still was having some very slight static with the volume and balance...
  18. bloodrock

Kenwood KR-9600 receiver

kenwood 9600 Hi Dick, still havent got to check the phono yet, but if it sounds as good as the tuner section.... speaking of lp's, i stopped by 1/2 price books in Redmond today during one of my routes and picked up some nice lp's for 25 cents and .50 cents each..Promo copy of The Wall, Savoy...
  19. bloodrock

Kenwood KR-9600 receiver

kenwood 9600 Just got around to putting the kenny back together. Double checked connections, hooked up the Forte's, and hit the power button with FM as the source. Now I see what alot of you guys are saying about the tuner in this receiver. Just 3 clicks on the volume control and the Fortes...
  20. bloodrock

Kenwood KR-9600 receiver

kenwood 9600 Thanks Paul Was able to get the toggle switches off. Took a little tugging but all came off without incident. In the process of doing some general cleaning I noticed that the jumpers on the back were a very short pair of rca plugs with a 2 inch wire connecting the 2 rca's. One...
  21. bloodrock

Kenwood KR-9600 receiver

kenwood 9600 toggle switches Thanks Beemer, Thats what I thought as well, but because these are basically stuck, thought they might come off from the inside of unit..the whole piece, and not the outer switch. Thanks again
  22. bloodrock

Kenwood KR-9600 receiver

kenwood 9600 toggle switches The Altec is a 711A solid state. From what I understand it was one of the 1st solid state units available??? Just what I was told anyways. Now on to the Kenwood 9600. Picked it up last night. The issues appeared when the seller hooked up his I-Pod as a...
  23. bloodrock

Kenwood KR-9600 receiver

Altec I cant find much either, but there are some threads online where it is mentioned in passing. Yeah, I think for 20.00 it would be worth the risk, but he has it at 100.00. I can let you know how it sounds when I get down there, plus the cosmetic shape as well. The seller did mention to...
  24. bloodrock

Kenwood KR-9600 receiver

Kenny and Altec Thanks...I am pretty sure he was speaking of you then. If you find out any info on the Altec, let me know if possible before 7:30 before I head south. If you think this is something you want, I would be happy to pick it up for you. Maybe PM me and give me a contact number and...
  25. bloodrock

Kenwood KR-9600 receiver

Kenwood and Altec I am going out tonight around 8 or so. He wont be home until then. If there is anything you want me to check on as far as the Altec is concerned, let me know. He did say that someone was coming out tonight to buy the Altec when I spoke with him at 4:45 today. he mentioned...
Back
Top Bottom