Search results

1. S

2285BD FM Left Channel very weak

As the title suggests, I'm having one weak channel when listening to FM (left channel is weak). It's only on the FM 25uS input for the Dolby adapter. The normal FM input seems to work fine. If I push right mono, both channels come in equally strong. If I push left mono, both channels come in...
  2. S

Another 2275 FM Stereo Issue

I have a 2275 with no FM stereo. The bulb is fine. I am tuned to a station with signal strength meter about half way. I don't think I'm hearing stereo on the 2275, but my 2285B receives a strong stereo signal on the same station without issue or an antenna. Before the recap of P200 and P300...
  3. S

2285BD Power Supply Voltage Issues

I believe I have an issue with my 2285BD power supply. The layout seems identical to the 2285B schematic, except that C804 was a 47uf/50V instead of the 10/50 listed in the 2285B service manual. Filter caps are original. I have replaced all electrolytic caps and the relay in the PS. Transistors...
  4. S

2285BD - No output on right channel

Hi experts, I've been bringing a 2285BD back from the dead. When I got it, there was terrible distortion from both channels and no relay click. I've restored the power supply and amplifier, which dials right in. When I play a source direct into the amp, I get clean sound from both channels. If...
  5. S

APT Holman Preamp Questions - Which Op Amps to use?

I'm currently working on an APT Holman preamp. I have replaced all the electrolytic caps and it is sounding good! A lot of people recommend replacing the op amps. The originals are TL072 and I've seen a few different recs for replacement, such as OPA2132. I've never replaced op-amps before...
  6. S

2275 slight speaker pop at on/off

I have a 2275 that I'm finishing up. When the unit has been on/off for more than about 10 minutes, turning it off/on results in a very slight speaker pop/thump when the (original) relay engages. It is not loud or really all that concerning, but probably shouldn't be happening? Turning the...
  7. S

2270 Power Supply Voltage Issue

Working on a 2270 with serial 441078. The power supply voltage across J802/803 is stuck at 40V and R809 doesn't seem to adjust it more than 0.1V. When I got the unit, the J802/803 voltage was "about right" and would adjust but the relay wouldn't close, so I recapped the power supply and...
  8. S

2270 Very slow relay click

I've just acquired a 2270. The relay clicks after about a minute. I hear a gradually building buzz from the relay until it engages. The audio sounds like a receiver that needs to be serviced but is mostly fine. The voltages on the power supply and amps are fine. Is there anything I should...
  9. S

2230 Phono output low?

I restored a 2230 recently with some of the mods described on this forum. Sounds amazing. I'm a little surprised by how much I have to turn up the volume to get a decent output from my phono stage. Any input into the aux is plenty loud at 9-10 o'clock, but phono really needs to be at 12. I...
  10. S

2265B Buzzing

I have a 2265B that has been cleaned and recapped. Overall it sounds great but has a very moderate buzzing that I can't pinpoint. It is just loud enough to be annoying when music is not playing. It is balanced in both channels and increases with volume. I believe it is unrelated to the amp...
  11. S

Marantz 2230 Amp Board Questions

I am working on a 2230 with an 8xxx serial number. I believe I am working with the amp board from the attached pic. There is also a service bulletin attached. 1) It looks like someone has added a resistor to both amp boards, but not removed H757 or performed the rest of the SB. Nothing is...
  12. S

2230 Phono and Tone Film Cap Questions

I am restoring a 2230 for a wedding present. It will be used 95% for vinyl. I would like to spend some extra money and make it as great as possible. Questions: 1) The phono has 4 green 0.47uf/50V Nissei caps in C701/702/714/715. Same caps are on the preamp at (mislabeled) R418/419. I...
  13. S

2265B Volume Pot

I have a 2265B with a very weak right channel. When I turn the volume knob there are a few sweet spots where the right channel will come in very loudly albeit distorted. The shaft is bent, and I think it's toast. The pot has seen about a half a can of deoxit, and all other pots/switches have...
  14. S

2265B Restoration Questions

Surprisingly there's not a lot of info on this receiver in search. I'm doing a recap on a 2265B. The game plan is to use Silmic II wherever possible and Wima films for the smaller values. I welcome any comments. Based on what I read, this is a brighter amp and would benefit from some warmth...
  15. S

Marantz 2010/2015 Glass Dial Plate

I was preparing to replace the velum paper on a 2010 and cracked the plastic dial plate with the radio station numbers etc. I believe the 2015 uses the same part. Are these reproduced by anyone like the face plates are or is my best bet to wait for someone to sell one on the auction site...
  16. S

Marantz 2225 - What did I break?

99% of the way through recapping my 2225 and I broke something... I think it's minor. The pic attached shows a small plastic clip (labeled 67A) that attaches the 2 black wires from jumpers on the amp board to the screw on the heatsink. The wires broke off. I'm not exactly sure how to replace...
  17. S

2010 Cap List?

I have a 2010 in immaculate cosmetic condition, but it likely needs a recap. I have the schematic and parts list, and can try to come up with my own replacement list, but I'd have more confidence if there were an existing cap replacement list to double check my work. The boards are: P200 MPX...
  18. S

Which cleaner for MX117 and MC2250

I just received this equipment and it is obvious the pots need some cleaning. I'm used to using D5 on my Marantz equipment. Is there any reason to not use this on the McIntosh equipment? I also have F5, automotive contact cleaner, and turbine oil FWIW. I think the sources of my problems...
Back
Top Bottom