Search results

1. audiosignal

Magnavox A9304 amplifier project

Thank You it looks in really awesome condition your model has compression horns that's really cool... Is the woofer a 12 inch speaker? That is really very nice dose the radio and record player still work... My magnasonic the radio still works poor reception but the record player doesn't...
  2. audiosignal

Sure - here’s a couple more of mine:
  3. audiosignal

Hello - I saw this thread and would like to follow it, however, my Maggie amp is labeled as “9304-20” on the metal chassis (see enclosed pic), and I was wondering if there’s any meaningful differences between my amp and the subject amp in this thread “A9304-00,” especially as mine is missing the...
  4. audiosignal

Is this tube listed for sale a 7189 or a 7189A?

Direct replacement? - not so sure about this either. Your link above mentioned "... the 7189A made the the internal connection between Pin No.1 and No.6 that the 6BQ5 and 7189 did not have". So, I think depending on the wiring on your amp, this could be a bad thing if substituted directly...
  5. audiosignal

Is this tube listed for sale a 7189 or a 7189A?

Seller indicates it's a 7189, but I'm not sure due to the letter A below the number printed on the tube. Your thoughts?
  6. audiosignal

Western Electric Contemplating New Tube Production

Countless “affordable” things you use and consume are already made in Mexico, where labor cost is vastly lower, not to mention lax environmental laws. So why can’t W. Electric or some other company open up shop there?
  7. audiosignal

need Variac recommendations

I would think twice about getting one from China: https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/your-red-chinese-variac-is-a-death-trap.453036/ plenty of used high quality American ones out there.
  8. audiosignal

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

April 6, 2014
  9. audiosignal

Which would sound better, I am trying to stick with Sansui?

then what you need is a quad receiver like the Sansui QRX-7001.
  10. audiosignal

1959 Hoffman Tube Stereo console...NOS...Amperex Tubes

I stand corrected. My bad for the typos.
  11. audiosignal

1959 Hoffman Tube Stereo console...NOS...Amperex Tubes

Now you got interested. I just picked up a Hoffman console as well with same amp and tuner as yours, also with Amperex tubes (not NOS though) for gas money+. Was told the thing works, however I need to build a DBT before trying to hook things up to my B+K AC power supply. First console that I...
  12. audiosignal

Kenwood 11, 11G, 11iii, Super 11-What is the difference?

Heck of a line-up there to compared your Eleven III to for SQ. I think the Eleven III also holds its own in the aesthetic department as well - better than most receivers I’ve seen.
  13. audiosignal

Kenwood 11, 11G, 11iii, Super 11-What is the difference?

I have the Model Eleven III as well. One of my best purchases so far, a true underrated, and under-the -radar receiver. Just curious, what did you compare your Eleven III with for sound quality?
  14. audiosignal

Toroidal Isolation Transformer 500VA enough?

Like you, once I read up on the benefits of these things, I had to buy mine, especially when it was only $6!
  15. audiosignal

Toroidal Isolation Transformer 500VA enough?

Downside? Does yours make any audible noise? My version made by a different manufacturer comes with the laminated conventional transformer has audible noise, but I was able to reduced the noise by over 90% by simply adding rubber washers to the mounting screws. 500VA should be good enough.
  16. audiosignal

A True Rarity: Realistic STA-220

I got the quad version - the QTA-770. 60wpc in stereo mode. Heavy, built like a tank, and sounds awesome to my ears. The quad features are very nice. Enjoy your STA-220!
  17. audiosignal

wood or hybrid baffle.

I think some people misinterpret my post. From a strength standpoint, yes it does make a difference how you glue it (plywood is stronger than regular solid wood due to 90degree glueing) but from a COMPOSITION standpoint, that is, what things are made of, plywood is still made of 98%-99% solid...
  18. audiosignal

wood or hybrid baffle.

the thick slices of solid wood that are glued together making up plywood is not MDF, not HDF, not particular board, not sawdust, not resin, not plastic, not carbon fiber, not metal. They’re 100% solid wood. I rest my case.
  19. audiosignal

wood or hybrid baffle.

Baltic birch plywood is just thick solid wood slices glued together. I think it very close to solid wood as you can get. I personally consider it “solid wood” myself. Many pieces of “solid wood” things you buy are solid wood pieces glued together.
  20. audiosignal

Free pair of Infinity Overture 3 speakers (Goshen, NY)

Mine is the Overture 2 in rare real cherry veneer (that the one in the middle there in the pic above). Looks and sounds fantastic.
  21. audiosignal

vintage capacitor id requested

Thanks. Replacing electrolytic 33uf is planned and that one is easy. The film ones are more troublesome so I wasn’t sure if it was worth it to put in the work for them.
  22. audiosignal

vintage capacitor id requested

The two tall cardboard paper wrapped with wax seal on top in picture below. What kind is it and does it need to be replaced like electrolytics. TIA.
  23. audiosignal

New Large Advent woofer old glue - best way to remove

Glue is some type of clear, very sticky and rubbery compound that has proven to be tougher than usual to remove by the scraping method. Any tips to make things easier like solvent, etc., not just on the rim but safe to use on the cone as well?
  24. audiosignal

JBL L19 speaker terminal usage

In defense of manufacturers using this connector, the design does provide complete shielding of the bare wiring tip, so it doesn’t stick out to cause accidentally shorts, unlike the regular 5-way speaker post when using bare wiring. Maybe this was their thinking at the time. However, this at...
  25. audiosignal

JBL L19 speaker terminal usage

Thanks. Just tried with smaller gauge speaker wire, and it does work as described above. Didn’t work with my usual larger gauge wire.
Back
Top Bottom