Search results

1. audiosignal

Is this tube listed for sale a 7189 or a 7189A?

Seller indicates it's a 7189, but I'm not sure due to the letter A below the number printed on the tube. Your thoughts?
  2. audiosignal

vintage capacitor id requested

The two tall cardboard paper wrapped with wax seal on top in picture below. What kind is it and does it need to be replaced like electrolytics. TIA.
  3. audiosignal

New Large Advent woofer old glue - best way to remove

Glue is some type of clear, very sticky and rubbery compound that has proven to be tougher than usual to remove by the scraping method. Any tips to make things easier like solvent, etc., not just on the rim but safe to use on the cone as well?
  4. audiosignal

JBL L19 speaker terminal usage

Anybody knows how these terminals supposed to work?
  5. audiosignal

Driver ID please

What is known: - 10” driver - shielded AlNiCo motor - 7.4 ohm DCR - paper cone, accordion surround, vented dust cap - 33-94-3 printed on paper cone - 19-100009-06 on magnet back
  6. audiosignal

Infinity RS6000 cab repair

Cab is 3/4” thick and has artificial veneer, but not vinyl. What is the best way to repair this hole? I was thinking bondoing to start out with, but what about material on top of bondo?
  7. audiosignal

Guitar speaker driver ID please

just pick this up. Couldn’t find any info on the bottom driver, other than what are shown, and it’s 12” and 8 ohm like the Jensen on top. Any idea?
  8. audiosignal

Drivers ID requested

Drivers would not come out after screws are removed, even with light and careful prying pressure. I think builder glued the flanges to the front baffle. Don’t want to destroy the these beautiful and great sounding speakers just to find out what drivers these are. The speakers terminals plate...
  9. audiosignal

Looking for matched JFET (like NDP5566) based DIY phono preamp designs

Found that I have a number of the (new-old-stock) NDP5566 matched N-channel JFET pairs in my parts drawer that I had forgotten about. Looking for possible use for them. 1st thing came to my mind is possible DIY phono preamps. Curious if anyone know of plans for some.
  10. audiosignal

External device to turn power off when no sound is detected for 1 hr or longer

Does anybody knows of anything (buy or built) that will do the above? Regular timer devices don’t cut it as they will turn things off at preset time, sound or no sound.
  11. audiosignal

Tascam CD-RW700 reset procedure?

Saw the above, powered up but buttons not responding. Was wondering there’s a reset procedure to reboot things?
  12. audiosignal

Speakers ID please

no names, but I think it’s a two-way Grills won’t comes off. Around 22”x 14”x8” 15lbs each
  13. audiosignal

multi-tool tools ID

picked up one of those handy stainless steel multi-tool. No names or any markings or labelings, but I’m guessing that this one may have a gardening or outdoor theme. There’re a few tools in there that I’m not sure about . Anybody can identified these?
  14. audiosignal

Audio Technica cartridge

Saw this Audio Technica cart with very nice condition stylus on a Hitachi HT21 TT. Thinking of picking up this TT just for the cart. No other markings on the cart. What Audio Technica cart model can this be? Older version of the AT95E, or some other model?
  15. audiosignal

Driver ID please

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/hsh/d/speakers-size-15/6382921719.html TIA
  16. audiosignal

What is up with car speaker drivers used as replacements...

and asking a pretty penny for them too? https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/d/marantz-hd-880-vintage/6371932388.html
  17. audiosignal

Boston Acoustics driver ID and associated speaker / cabinet modelID HELP

Looking to find the BA speaker model(s) that this driver was made for. Some info: About 5” poly cone diameter Weighs about 2.5 lbs Rubber surrounds Cloth dust caps Shielded large (for this driver) dual-magnet motor design
  18. audiosignal

Home Depot crates for speaker stands

Saw these at HD. I see potential here. Dimensions are in the pic. Rough pine construction, but at least solid wood, not particle board junk. A little elbow grease and coating finish, and I think it would look decent enough.
  19. audiosignal

Mylar capacitors need to be replaced like electrolytics in Marantz 920 speakers?

hello all - Do mylars go bad like electrolytics and need changing out ?
  20. audiosignal

Low mass cart or low mass tone arm?

I know in a perfect world, one would want both. But, if you can only have one, which one, and why? Most helpful would be actual A/B comparison on same table, but I'm open to hearing other things.
  21. audiosignal

Driver ID please

Can someone please ID this driver? What is known so far: - 7 1/2 " at widest point - 3 5/8 " depth - weigh about 11 lbs - coated soft cloth dome - one of the largest magnet I've ever seen for a driver, larger than most of my bass woofers' magnets. The good news: Works great. The bad...
  22. audiosignal

Good music played on good gear is good! Greetings from Northern Cal.

Now I think I know why this hobby is additive. Moreover, appropriate music is a must-have thing in your life, not just for entertainment, but for your mental health as well! Howdy everyone from just outside Sacramento. Long time member, first time poster. Thought I finally check in to say...
Back
Top Bottom