Search results

1. AJXD

Bank seized audio warehouse inventory auction - Savannah, GA

I went. Prices weren't great. At or above typical used prices for the items, plus the 17% buyer premium + GA tax. A few good deals. A Mc501 went for $1500. I got a Triad Platinum Center for $75, one damaged woofer though.
  2. AJXD

Power button on 1070

I have a left over switch from a 1060 repair. PM if interested.
  3. AJXD

Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 TT

Yep you're correct. $25 dollars in parts. You must be rich selling your own knock off! Please build me one!
  4. AJXD

Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 TT

No speedbox. Using Rotel RA-1062.
  5. AJXD

Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 TT

Since this thread turned out to be a lot of girls with sand in the panties... This table is great, as I mentioned before. I did not have any issues with the motor, and I kept mine on an expedit too. The only way that I could get noise out of the motor is if I pushed it too close to edge of the...
  6. AJXD

IKEA Expedit shipping question

The 2x4 Expedits weigh 90lbs... the 4x4 is 154lbs. Several hundred dollars.
  7. AJXD

What TT's do you folks have

it is the Pearl. Sounds great. I love the table... nice upgrade from the Marantz 6200.
  8. AJXD

What TT's do you folks have

Pro-Ject 1.3 in white
  9. AJXD

Post a picture of your turntable

Pro-Ject 1.3 in White
  10. AJXD

Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 TT

I own this table. It is incredible. I upgraded from a Marantz 6200 and the difference is massive. The motor is super quiet, and with complete isolation, its impressive. The table came with a Sumiko Pearl and I really really like it. I listen to a wide variety of music, and it hasn't let me down...
  11. AJXD

Marantz 2330B - Name engraved....

So I acquired a Marantz 2330B from a professor of mine years ago. I had the whole thing completely recapped, cleaned, etc. And its perfect. But... I'm thinking of selling it. My only concern is that he got it from a guy who was in the military, and engraved his full name, and SSN onto the front...
  12. AJXD

Looking for a tube integrated amp w/ phono...

Budget is roughly $1,000... will be willing to spend more if its really awesome.
  13. AJXD

Looking for a tube integrated amp w/ phono...

Any suggestions? I am looking for something modern, not vintage. I just want one unit, no tube amp with separate tube pre-amp. All in one!
  14. AJXD

Picking up radio stations with integrated amp...

So I was installing a small set up for a friend, and the amp being used was a Marantz 1030. I get it all set up, and we turn it on, and immediately hear a radio station. We can hear it over every channel (phono, aux, tape, etc) and volume knob does not adjust anything. Turns out there is a...
  15. AJXD

Technics SL-1950

I will check this out when I get home from work. Thanks guys!
  16. AJXD

Technics SL-1950

Awesome. Thanks for the tips. Turntable Factory is where I would take the TT to get checked out (considering its 3 miles from my house) but sadly, Joel the owner died 2 months ago.
  17. AJXD

Technics SL-1950

So a friend got one of these from Goodwill, and I'm trying to fix it up for him. So here's the issue. After the cue drops the tonearm, the tonearm actually moves back towards its rest, not completely, but it falls about the end of the platter (ie hitting the strobe marks).... what the heck...
  18. AJXD

Technics SL-1950

I have one of these I am holding for a sale to a friend... but it has an issue... The cueing mechanism. Goes down... very slowly. And its minor. I have to tighten it down so when you cue up, its barely above the record. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  19. AJXD

Marantz Imperial 5s for $150....

Local seller for me... I haven't seen them personally yet. He says they sound great. One has a water stain on the top... I don't mind re-staining. Is $150 a good price if the drivers are all intact or should I haggle them down? -AD
  20. AJXD

Sony STR-DE597

Muting is off. Speakers are set correctly. No protect. Confused is I!
  21. AJXD

Sony STR-DE597

So my brother calls me up because his Sony 6.1 receiver has no sound. Granted, I usually don't deal with home theatre receivers, I figured my friends or people on here would be able to check it out. Hooked up the DMM and I'm reading 0.00 on all speaker outputs. The only visible fuse it for...
  22. AJXD

Repairing scratches on faceplate?

alex: Where would I go to find a laser cutter? What type of shops?
  23. AJXD

2330 Cabinet

Chances are you'll spend a ton. Are you handy? Building one isn't the most complicated thing in the world, and you'd probably save a lot of money. The 2330's case is pretty hard to come by.
  24. AJXD

Repairing scratches on faceplate?

Yikes to engraving. That would take so long!! I have a 2330B someone engraved their name and SSN onto... and I'd love to replace the face, but a nice 2330B faceplate? Yeh right on finding that one.
  25. AJXD

Marantz 2230 sells for $555 on the bay

You tell em' spartanmanor! Obviously Cosmos needs to remember the 'no attitude' line of AKs slogan.
Back
Top Bottom