Search results

1. AJXD

Marantz 2330B - Name engraved....

So I acquired a Marantz 2330B from a professor of mine years ago. I had the whole thing completely recapped, cleaned, etc. And its perfect. But... I'm thinking of selling it. My only concern is that he got it from a guy who was in the military, and engraved his full name, and SSN onto the front...
  2. AJXD

Looking for a tube integrated amp w/ phono...

Any suggestions? I am looking for something modern, not vintage. I just want one unit, no tube amp with separate tube pre-amp. All in one!
  3. AJXD

Picking up radio stations with integrated amp...

So I was installing a small set up for a friend, and the amp being used was a Marantz 1030. I get it all set up, and we turn it on, and immediately hear a radio station. We can hear it over every channel (phono, aux, tape, etc) and volume knob does not adjust anything. Turns out there is a...
  4. AJXD

Technics SL-1950

So a friend got one of these from Goodwill, and I'm trying to fix it up for him. So here's the issue. After the cue drops the tonearm, the tonearm actually moves back towards its rest, not completely, but it falls about the end of the platter (ie hitting the strobe marks).... what the heck...
  5. AJXD

Technics SL-1950

I have one of these I am holding for a sale to a friend... but it has an issue... The cueing mechanism. Goes down... very slowly. And its minor. I have to tighten it down so when you cue up, its barely above the record. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  6. AJXD

Marantz Imperial 5s for $150....

Local seller for me... I haven't seen them personally yet. He says they sound great. One has a water stain on the top... I don't mind re-staining. Is $150 a good price if the drivers are all intact or should I haggle them down? -AD
  7. AJXD

Sony STR-DE597

So my brother calls me up because his Sony 6.1 receiver has no sound. Granted, I usually don't deal with home theatre receivers, I figured my friends or people on here would be able to check it out. Hooked up the DMM and I'm reading 0.00 on all speaker outputs. The only visible fuse it for...
  8. AJXD

Hum in every amp used...

So I have this re-occuring issue... a hum! I hear it in every vintage receiver I use... I hear it no matter what speakers, speaker cable, or wall outlets I use... Does my electricity suck!?
  9. AJXD

My babies are in the shop...

Both my 2330B and my 1030 are with the doctor... :tears: But, my Marantz repair is a great fella (also an AKer) who set me up to borrow one of his while I waited. Told me it'd be a while, because his bench was full of repairs already. So I brought home a 2275!! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. I like...
  10. AJXD

Incredible...

Read the very last line... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200064305514&rd=1&rd=1
  11. AJXD

DIY DVD / CD Rack!

So I had the morning off from work, and decided to test out some of my new power tools. So I bought here's the supplies: Two 1"x6"x4' poplar boards Six 36" 3/8" threaded rods Twenty four 3/8" zinc washers Twelve 3/8" acron nuts Twelve 3/8" nuts Made a stencil of how a DVD should sit on two...
  12. AJXD

Supreme Tube Tester

So I posted this in Tube... but since 19 people checked it out with no replies, I decided to come here to ask. In my city, some guy has a Supreme Tube Tester really really cheap. I am not a tube man, but I do need one to help out a friend who has a bag full of old tube. Is this thing any good...
  13. AJXD

Supreme Tube Tester

There is someone in my city selling one of these really really cheap. Its powercord is torn (I can easily replace that) but is this thing desirable to anyone? I know I want to use it to help someone with a bag full of tubes to see if they work... but after that, I am not a tube man. Let me...
  14. AJXD

Setting crossover on sub for HT

So I have heard different ideas from different people... here's what I've got... My fronts have a crossover frequency of 800Hz/4.5kHz, Frequency Response of 35Hz-20kHz (@ -6dB), Sensitivity of 91dB. My sub has a crossover frequency that I can set between 90 - 150 Hz... where should I set...
  15. AJXD

Craigslist buyer wants to give me $2000 more than price asked...

SHOULD I DO IT?!!? Just kidding. I am trying to push a Technics SL-1950 for a friend... first on Craigslist, then will try on eBay. I got my first email about it last night... HELLO, HOW YOU DOING I SAW YOUR Technics SL-1950 Turntable AND AM INTRESTED IN BUYING IT SO IF THE...
  16. AJXD

Testing WPC

How does everyone do it?
  17. AJXD

Pioneer SX-1000TD

Hey everyone, I just picked up my first Pioneer piece at Goodwill. For $3 none the less. I remember reading these were one of the first Pioneer receivers... is this true? Any know where I can get some more info on this unit? Thanks!
  18. AJXD

Recapping...

Where does everyone get their caps from?
  19. AJXD

Sansui RA-500

How sought after are these? I picked one up at the local Salvation Army, and thought it was interesting... don't know too much about Sansui...
  20. AJXD

Deoxit D5 or D100?

Which is better/which should I be using? The more I read, the more confused I get. Some people swear D100 is the way to go, others D5.... Also... Faderlube instead of D5 on pots? Why so?
  21. AJXD

Admitting defeat to my 1030

Welp... Cleaned all pots, switches, push buttons with Deoxit. Tried 2 different turntables. Tried a CD player. Tried a DVD player. Left channel still louder than the right. :tears: I think... I have to take it to someone. Nooooooooooooooooooooo!
  22. AJXD

Cheap Deoxit??

So RadioShack carries this Deoxit combo pack... Deoxit/ProGold for $15. Is this the goods here that I want to be using? http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104746&cp=&origkw=deoxit&kw=deoxit&parentPage=search
  23. AJXD

One channel *slightly* louder than the other?

As some of you know, I've been working on that 1030 for my little lady for Christmas. Well today I was working on another friend's turntable... and I noticed the right channel was softer than the left. So I put on some new RCA cables on the turntable and tried again. Still softer. So I hooked...
  24. AJXD

Need a little help....

So this young lady I know brought me a plastic "DJ Style" turntable. She got it cheap, and just wanted to try out vinyl before purchasing anything expensive. She wanted me to check out all the controls, functions, etc. Well, I've done so, and it works like a charm... My issue is... what...
  25. AJXD

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Waaaahoooo!! Its Here!! Now I say we do a Marantz Roll Call to Ring in the new forum... Marantz 2330B Marantz 1030 Marantz SP 1250 Marantz 6200 Marantz 6200 (yes! 2!) My collection is small, but growing!
Back
Top Bottom