3. robbyb

Yamaha CA-610 II Questions

that looks amazing!
  4. robbyb

MC cart with a U-turn Pluto?

ah ok then i will stick with my 110. im happy
  5. robbyb

so the stylis tip is replaceable on the 303?
  6. robbyb

yes and i picked one up for 170 on ebay. score!
  7. robbyb

yes ive done it before, thanks for the info! :)
  8. robbyb

About to Purchase first TT, Help!

heres mine, just got it, put on a denon 110. sounds amazing. better than my AT LP120.
  9. robbyb

so here it is.. ive listened to a few records on it, and i have to say im very impressed with the sound. build quality is lacking a bit in some areas like the plastic headshell, platter spindle, and tone arm pivot, but its not really noticeable when youre not touching it. the thing just looks...
  10. robbyb

Vinyl only spin list

The Contortionist - Language
  11. robbyb

electro voice interface d

makes sense. thank you so much!!
  12. robbyb

OKAY! Just Picked Up the AT-LP120 USB Today! Concerns/Questions...

i just got a digital down force scale, measured my shure m97 and it was almost at 4g. i couldnt believe it. im pretty sure the counterweight is not accurate at all on these at lp120's.
  13. robbyb

Electro voice Interface D help

You've got a good foundation. There might be a schematic of the EV D EQ online. I once inquired about using an electronic crossover in lieu of the EQ and was told it would work (never tried it) If you want to throw some balls to the wall, you could get an active crossover, biamp your speakers...
  14. robbyb

its making more sense, but where does the TT go to? tape in on the eq? what do you mean caps? ive thought about doing the same actually, just running them without the eq, hopefully it wont damage them over time (not that i make my ears bleed or anything). thanks and happy fourth! :D
  15. robbyb

dude sweet rig! i bet they sounded amazing! yes mine still have the warning on the back
  16. robbyb

ok so let me get this straight, from the turntable/preamp>tape in. then use the tape ins and outs on the reveiver to the input/output on the Electro voice EQ? this would take the "tape out" on the eq out since you cant go back to a turntable
  17. robbyb

yes theyve been re foamed
  18. robbyb

oh nice i was just looking at those theyre really neat looking. looks like a pretty solid unit
  19. robbyb

thanks for the reply! :) sorry for not being very clear, still kindof difficult to explain the situation im in since im still new at this stuff. ive had these speakers for a few years and i would like to incorporate them into my turntable setup. a uturn orbit with built in pluto pre amp with a...
  20. robbyb

okay, so ive been reading the manual for these speakers, and its not very clear on how to hook them up with the EQ to anything else but a reel to reel. theres also not a lot of these bad boys out there, some advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated. for a turntable setup i am assuming...
  21. robbyb

i just emailed them... would a down force scale work as well? i got one to have solely for making sure the correct weight is applied to the stylus https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XL1111C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  22. robbyb

oh and heres a pic of a speaker. they could use some cleaning i know ;)
  23. robbyb

okay, so ive been reading the manual for these speakers, and its not very clear on how to hook them up to anything else but a reel to reel. for a turntable setup i am assuming: Turntable w/built in preamp ---> input on interface EQ---> Output ---> Receiver ?? and dont bother with the tape ins...
  24. robbyb

so i pulled the trigger on a uturn with acrylic platter. i also went to ebay and got a good deal on a denon dl 110 cart. i will try to remember to let yall know how it goes and maybe upload pics. :) cheers guys
  25. robbyb

yes it has a phono in. its a JVC RX 6008V i also have an rx815v. perhaps i could bypass the pluto and use an emotiva xps 1. but yall are right, the tonearm is the most important
Back
Top Bottom