Search results

1. R

JBL L 150,150 A and 150 A-B

I have a pair of the 150A's, had my local guy re-foam the woofer's & passive's too. Your guy seems to do a better job gluing the dust caps on than mine. But anyway that's just cosmetic. Have you tinkered with the weight disc's on the back of the passive's, they're there to adjust the low...
  2. R

Which Speakers are You Using for Your Sansui Amps

Thanks for the kind words, i acquired the blue LEDS from E-bay, I happen to come across them awhile back & I purchased them. At the time the seller had about 3 or 4 sets for sale. Unfortunately when they were gone, I never saw them listed again.
  3. R

Thought I should update my photo since I decided to start using my Sansui SE-8x with the upgraded blue leds.
  4. R

I have a pair of JBL L-150A's with a pair of JBL L-112's on top hooked up to my Sansui BA-F1 & CA-F1
  5. R

JBL L-112 Speaker Grills

Mr. Barnes at Huntley Audio can certainly re-cloth most any speaker grille, and JBL are one of his favorites. huge assortment of colors. I should know he's done 2 sets for me & working on a 3rd.
  6. R

Sansui restoration service

Had the guys at qrxrestore do a full restoration on my AU-717 just about a year ago, Although it took roughly 6 months from start to finish, It was well worth the wait. This unit was functioning fine when I sent it in, with black flags caps already replaced & corrosive glue being cleaned up. So...
  7. R

Difference between these 2 Vintage ADC Rack EQ's types?

Just remember there is a ADC SS-315 and a ADC SS-315x I believe the X has just a few different features than the 315, I have the 315x model & find it to be a great EQ.
  8. R

Difference between these 2 Vintage ADC Rack EQ's types?

I have always been a fan of ADC Sound Shaper Equalizer's, so with that being said I agree both of those EQ's are of a lower standing on the ADC totem pole. I have found that the ADC SS-315x (which can be rack mounted if you can find one still with the ears ) is a fine EQ with LED slider's &...
  9. R

Experience with Pioneer outboard reverb

I was not aware that they are taking the signal to mono, but like I said, you have to find the "sweet spot" so I use so very little depth, like #3 setting out of 10. Then I use the Duet setting for delay. So it in fact may be taking it to mono, but I really can't tell that with my ears.
  10. R

Experience with Pioneer outboard reverb

I have just added the Pioneer SR-303 reverb to my system & I'll tell you this, I have read many forums where folks say they are just a toy or just a gimmick that serve no real benefit to your audio system, but I disagree. Granted you have to know how to tune them into your system just right, a...
  11. R

Pioneer HPM-900's or Klipsch Fortes, and why if you don't mind?

You say that like someone has committed a crime or something
  12. R

Are SPEC series gear really worth the money?

My first leap into Vintage Pioneer was a SX-1050, it was in excellent condition & for it's age sounded really good for being all original. I sent it off to a man in TX. for a full restoration, when it came back I was truly amazed at how good it sounded, so I was content. Although I had always...
  13. R

310 MC Cartridge?

I was told initially it would be 8 to 12 wks. depending on how many were ahead of me. In the end I received my cartridge back in just about 8 wks.
  14. R

310 MC Cartridge?

Just got my Technics MC-310 back from Sound Smith, went with the solid boron cantilever & fine line stylus. All I can say is it sounds fantastic, I was using it before with the original 310 cantilever & stylus & it didn't sound that bad, but of course I purchased it used so I really didn't know...
  15. R

Pioneer Spec Series, much better than SX series?

I myself was interested in the Spec Series of separates, when I found a SX-1050 that I decided to purchase, I had a full restoration done & man did it sound great. After a year or so I ran across a fully restored Spec 1 & 4 combo that I ended up trading away the 1050 for (with some other...
  16. R

Best EQ for pioneer spec?

For years & years the only EQ's that I use are ADC, so when I just recently purchased a fully restored Spec 1 & Spec 4 combo I already had the ADC 315x ready to incorporate into my system. Sounds great, some folks aren't fans of using EQ's but I don't think I would be without one. ADC that is.
  17. R

Pioneer HPM-900's or Klipsch Fortes, and why if you don't mind?

Haven't listened to a lot of speaker's in my time. ( at least some of those mentioned here ) But from my own personal experience I wouldn't trade my HPM-900's for any other. I absolutely love'em But hey that's me.
  18. R

auctions are no longer commitments to buy the item on ebay

Ok since your interested, I did notice a $ 10.00 difference in the shipping price so no it wasn't a big deal to me. Now don't even question that with 1 day left I wasn't going to be the high bidder that was a fact. But you see when you watch a item for 6 days & then its gone over the sellers...
  19. R

auctions are no longer commitments to buy the item on ebay

I was bidding on a pair of HPM 700's awhile back, with 1 day left & I was the high bidder I figured they were mine then next time I checked they had been removed by the seller because he made a error in the shipping price. ( He had 1 price listed in shipping costs & a different price listed in...
  20. R

Paul Rogers

Saw him in KC in 85 on tour with " The Firm " excellent show.
  21. R

anyone ever ship large speakers through fedex

Had 2 different pairs of Pioneer HPM 900's shipped to me. 1 pair from North Carolina & another pair from Michigan to KCMO. Both shipped by Fed Ex with absolutely no problems. Although they were packed by the seller not Fed Ex.
  22. R

Pioneer HPM-900 owners comments needed

After finally finding a pair of 900's in what I would consider mint condition, That is cabs in almost new condition, original graphite woofers refoamed with out any cracks, mids & tweets in perfect working condition including supertweets. I set out to fine tune them & I would agree they can be a...
Back
Top Bottom