Search results

1. madpioneer

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

For one thing P-D70's have never been so prominent on ebay than today. A few more rare items come up now & then like U-24 selectors & crossovers along with others. The problem is sellers who can't pack the items for shipping worth a flip. A lot of this rare gear gets rarer as each one gets...
  2. madpioneer

3rd System, A Year Later.

Thanks!
  3. madpioneer

3rd System, A Year Later.

Still enjoying this grand setup that I acquired last year. One of my goals in Pioneer collecting was to have the opportunity to own both a SPEC-2 & SPEC-4 setup at the same time, and that goal has been met! This year I added the Pioneer store display lighted sign & Monitor 10 headphones to round...
  4. madpioneer

Pioneer VSX-D1S

gentlejax, it's going to need repair. I got another VSX-D1S off ebay with the same problem. The one before it got slammed on the front left side, no sound returned it and got a refund. The latest one is like most of the rest sound only in 'Direct mode'. Got a full refund on it and got to keep...
  5. madpioneer

What was the last movie you watched?

Terminator Genisys with my son on my Pioneer home theater setup.
  6. madpioneer

Pioneer VSX-D1S

Aloha AC You're VSX-D1S has a bad cap on the bottom of the main board at the bottom of the unit. No bottom panel access. Board has to be removed from the unit to replace I believe it is cap C101 on the bottom.
  7. madpioneer

I'm not a huge classical fan, it's just a once in a great while that I even tune in to it. If they are playing opera off it goes. Just when I'm inside and doing a few things and not wanting to change out CD's for the moment until I can sit down and really get into playing my CD's then off it...
  8. madpioneer

I hear ya Charles! The only station I can even stomach these days is a local classical station. My tuner is permanently tuned into it, and I never change it. They only advertise themselves & not very much. Solely run on donations. The only downside is when they have their monthly or quarterly...
  9. madpioneer

I know the TX-D1000 is a sought after piece for some but really a TX-9500 II has a much better & warmer sound and pulls in stations much better than the 1000 & goes for less $$. I guess some just gotta have one for their collection. Mine cost $16 @Goodwill around 1999-2000.
  10. madpioneer

Timer - Pioneer DT-540 - defect?

Some have stated that they have either found cold solder joints or completely re-soldered the entire board without any success. I used the Playstation cure & my DT-500 has not skipped a beat since. Remove the timer top cover use a 'Heat Gun' on half or 3/4 heat. Pass back and forth over the...
  11. madpioneer

My latest Pioneer rack edition 2016.

Yeah I wanted a U-24 for awhile I thought it would really help me linking my surround setup with the Spec setup. Also to be able to route signals from the MiniDisc and CD recorders for playback monitoring. It works well also chained to a couple of DBX 200 routers that I use for extra inputs. I...
  12. madpioneer

Not sure the total count at this time but it's quite a few. A SA-9500II Bedroom setup along with 2 SPEC setups, one @the beginning of this thread, another with RT-909, PL-88FS drawer TT, P-D70 CD player with both CT-F1000 & CT-F1250, TX-9500 II tuner, SR-303, RG-2, DV-578(for CD's), along with a...
  13. madpioneer

Sometimes fun getting in trouble with audio, better than going to jail for DUI, or drugs I suppose....:beerchug::whip::no: :rant:
  14. madpioneer

I'm right with you It's Pioneer nothing more needs to be said.... I have a RH-60, RH-65, H-R99 & a H-R100, yeah I'm kinda a Pioneer aficionado.........:bigok:
  15. madpioneer

Years ago I decided my brand would be Pioneer, after a lot of pondering. I considered McIntosh but the higher prices really didn't fit my budget so I thought Pioneer was the better bargain for me in my situation. And after diving in I just decided to stay at that end of the pool. :hug:
  16. madpioneer

Yeah Texas isn't known just for Barbeque on the grill, the weather will Barbeque the body too! LOL! Yeah I like thrash and some pretty heavy stuff, not much on Grindcore though I can never understand the words they are growling Ha,Ha.......Rock On my friend!:rockon::rockon:
  17. madpioneer

Love my Mach Twos! Had since new in 1986 when Radio Shack had their half off price sale so I decided to get 4 for the price of 2. So I have grown accustomed to their sound over the years. I really wanted Mach Ones like my cousin had a few years earlier but the Two replaced them. I did however...
  18. madpioneer

I hear ya! I like to keep same brands if I can but sometimes it just can't be done and you make the best of it. Sounds like you have a real rockin' sound setup with all the Cerwin Vegas! All the Cerwin Vega I have is the center speaker for my bedroom surround setup. My main surround setup in my...
  19. madpioneer

Always loved the 4 but as my collection grew and I got into surround sound movies my SPEC-2 choice became more obvious as the best choice. I not only use my SPEC-1/ 2 for straight up stereo music but it also serves as my front speaker amp for surround sound movies, concerts, & video games. I...
  20. madpioneer

Thanx! I know how you feel, trust me. I always doubted I'd get what I wanted. After my divorce I really got serious and went for it. Got a SPEC-1/4 combo in '98 locally but the amp blew a channel less than 30 days in use. Found out there was an even more powerful amp the SPEC-2 when I took the 4...
  21. madpioneer

Ok got it.
  22. madpioneer

Thanx! What do you deem 'typical crappy Pioneer rack stuff'? Just curious........
  23. madpioneer

Actually the previous owner fit the DV-50A there, he actually helped me duplicate his exact setup at my home. Love the 150's they really Rock!:rockon: Always wanted a pair, never thought I would actually own them with the crazy prices and shipping weight these command. This setup was a local...
Back
Top Bottom