Search results

1. Drugolf

Need some crosover board help

These are Sansui SP2500 crossovers that I am re-capping and would like to replace the spring terminals. I had hoped I could get to the other side of the board by simply removing the 6 screws but in addition the board is held on by the spring terminals and I don't know how to un-do them. Any...
  2. Drugolf

Cerwin Vega Crossover Question

I am servicing a Cerwin Vega crossover (U 351) that has a protection relay thingy in it. Any reason not to just bypass this thing at this point?
  3. Drugolf

Unknown Cartridge ID please

What's this cart? On a Thorens TD160.
  4. Drugolf

Recognize this badge?

Anybody know what brand logo this is? It might be rotated wrong.
  5. Drugolf

Audio Rendezvous 2022

Boise, May 14th 10-3
  6. Drugolf

Klipsch KLF-10 in Chandler, AZ

Greta looking pair for $500 on Marketplace. I communicated with seller and would have grabbed them if there.
  7. Drugolf

Empire 208 questions

Can someone explain how the 3 motor mount screws work and what one needs to achieve with them? I have replaced the rubber mounts and replaced the oil on the bottom bearing. Now putting it back together and I don't quite understand how tight to go with the screws etc. Thanks
  8. Drugolf

JBL LE25 Tweeter repair

Does anyone know if a broken and missing lead wire can be repaired on these? I thought I avoided them when removing the deteriorated foam, but apparently not. I don't even see the end that goes down to the VC so I either completely pulled it out or it broke right there at the surround.
  9. Drugolf

JBL L100 original foam grills

I just picked up some L100 and the original black foam grills are still mostly in-tact. The feel like they would crumbled if touched. Has anyone here had any success in spraying these old foams with something to help preserve them?
  10. Drugolf

Anybody ever get recone parts from....

Roderick Loudspeakers in Maryland? looks like they have 604 kits.
  11. Drugolf

What to do with some pro gear

I picked up some JBL Pro gear in the Concert and Cabaret series only because it was very cheap. I figurd I could move it on or maybe a few pieces could be used in a build or similar. Is any of this worthy of consideration for home use? Maybe a new diaphragm etc? A pair of Cabaret 4699b -...
  12. Drugolf

Is the 612 Cabinet too small?

So at less than 7cf is the 612 cabinet too small really for the 604? What gives? Or is the 612 cab just meat to focus in on the strengths of the 604 by not trying to extend low? Hmmmmm:idea:
  13. Drugolf

604 in a 825/828

Is there a scenario where the 604 duplex has been used in a 825 or 828 VOTT cabinet?
  14. Drugolf

Altec VOTT Version questiopn

Picked up a VOTT 828 cabinet today that has a N1201-8a network on it. Low Frq driver is a 416-8B but I do not think that is original. No horn. So assume the network is the original. What model would this be? And with that network and the 416, what would be the horn and driver to go with.
  15. Drugolf

Is this too good to be true?

So this just popped up on my facebook feed. Oscilloscope, signal generator...all in one Figured I had to share it here and see what you tech types thought about it. Hard to get too burned at $39...
  16. Drugolf

Post clip removal

So how do you remove these clip thingys from the post? Holds on a badge. Is there a trick ?
  17. Drugolf

Electro voice SP15 recone options

Have a pair of nice old chrome versions of these that need a recone. Is it possible to do this still with these?
  18. Drugolf

Northwest Audio Rendezvous - Boise May 2021

We are having the first annual Northwest Audio Rendezvous Saturday May 15 in Boise (Garden City). We have teamed up with the Vinyl Preservation Society for this event so music media will be included as well. A few small vendors, repair shop guys and distributors will be exhibiting and selling...
  19. Drugolf

Altec N-1600A Crossover

What driver or speaker is the N1600-A supposed to be used with?
  20. Drugolf

Altec 601C Design OPtions

I am putting together a baffle design that will fit onto a 5.5CF cabinet. It will have a cutout for a 12" driver and a port/vent of 2" x 8". The plan is to try my pair of Altec 601C. The tweeter still work in them. I have the original crossover but I will likely just use DSP and determine...
  21. Drugolf

What do I do with these?

I purchased a hoard of gear and these were included. Yes they are a mess and were exposed to some weather. Some are okay looking and few are pretty rough. Diaphragms are either bad or missing. Only a few have model numbers on them. Where do I start to assess if they are still viable?
  22. Drugolf

Altec HF Driver ID Please

What model is this large horn driver? Next to an 802 for comparison.
  23. Drugolf

Bad Pairings?

So has anyone combined their McIntosh gear with other brands only to have the results just be awful? I had one here the other day that just dumfounded me and an audiophile buddy of mine. Brought in a pair of beautiful big Marantz Reference series monoblock solid state amplifiers. Paired them...
  24. Drugolf

Compression Driver ID OAP/PAS

Picked up a pair of OAP venue speakers today and in it is a 15" coax - PAS CXL-1580. On them is this horn driver. Anyone got an idea what it is? Labeled OAP but my guess is it's made for them. Only marking is 02004
  25. Drugolf

I've caved - now a Mac guy.

Yep, that's right. Locally a deal came up on a very nice clean, lightly used C2200 preamp that I felt I couldn't pass up. Even has the original boxes, manual etc. Timing was good as my Citation 1 was on the bench. Thus far I am very impressed running it ahead of new custom monoblock tube...
Back
Top Bottom