Search results

1. standuffer

Polydomes, K8 vs. K8.1

I know the Polydome speakers get a lot of ink here but rest assured I’m not asking about restoring, replacing, repairing, or treating these beloved deteriorating domes. The Kappa 8’s Polydome is P/N 902-3075 The Kappa 8.1’s Polydome is P/N 902-5793 I understand that these drivers are not...
  2. standuffer

QLS-1 what do you think...

I have an opportunity to purchase these, the description states... They are in pretty good condition, but not flawless. There are 28 tweeters/mids between the two speakers, and about half of them do not work. The seller states $600 or best offer. What would you pay for them? Thanks for your...
  3. standuffer

Yamaha AVR "short message"

My V2700 AVR does not display volume/decode/effect info ("short message") when the input video signal is HD. I understand that this is "by design". My question is... Do later Yamaha models work in this manner or do they now display the "short message" info with an HD signal? also... Was...
  4. standuffer

Infinity RS 2.5

I saw this in CL... https://columbus.craigslist.org/ele/4890913102.html and wondered, considering the "updates", what all of the forum's "Infinity experts" thought of this asking price of $2200? :thumbsdn: :thmbsp: TIA John
  5. standuffer

New HDTV with older AV reciever??

I am starting to do research before purchasing a new 60” class, tier one HDTV. Even though plasma is on it’s way out I would prefer it to LED but it’s not a deal-breaker. My issue, besides cost, is my Yamaha RX-V2700 AV receiver. What limitations will I encounter using my V2700? Are the...
  6. standuffer

Dual 1219 – Refurb in Cleveland?

I am the original owner, who is looking for someone in the northern Ohio area (Cleveland-ish) to refurbish my 1219. As far as I can remember, it worked A-OK when I put it on the shelf ~25 years ago. I would love to be able to do this work myself but being disabled (paralyzed right arm) this...
  7. standuffer

RX-V2700, Bi-amp or Zone 2-3 ?

Opinion on driving 2-pair of Front Speakers :rockon: I have a Yamaha RX-V2700 that until recently has been driving a typical 5.1.1 set-up except with an additional pair of Front speakers. The Main Fronts (speaker-A), driven by the V2700, are a pair of JBL-L100’s. The second pair of front...
  8. standuffer

Waving 'Hello' and looking around...

Hello and thank you for allowing me entry into AK :wave: Allow me to introduce myself… John Stanbrook (61) from Cleveland Ohio. Home of the “Rock and Roll Hall of Fame”, Alan Freed, WMMS, WNCX, The World Series of Rock Concerts, Blossom Music Center, Browns and Indians, Slymans...
Back
Top Bottom