Search results

1. stormking

Sign question

I collect Hi-Fi advertising as well as gear. I came across this sign sometime ago at a garage sale, I figured it had to be for infinity speakers but am not 100% sure. Anybody ever see one? I'm guessing late 80's early 90's as to age of it. I also think it may be supposed to change colors.
  2. stormking

Mag-Lev 50's style

Picked up this Interesting 1958 or so Pickering Gyropoise 800 in the summer, but finally have a chance to service it. A fairly uncommon turntable so thought some of you might want to see it. The red rings are magnets so the platter rides on air, Pickering called it an airborne table. The arm is...
  3. stormking

80's DYI Speakers?

These are not my style but thought they were interesting because of being bi-amped. Picked them up at an estate sale because I thought they might have some good drivers. I was about to tear into them but after looking at them they are really well built. So are they homemade or a copy of a known...
  4. stormking

Cool Dim Bulb Tester

I got this at the estate sale of a long term Tektronix employee. His son said close to 50 years, beginning near the company start. He built this while still in school so a very long time ago. Anybody know if this was a thing back in the day? I could see a popular electronics story "build a cigar...
  5. stormking

Crossover, What crossover?

This Jensen three way was in a console I tore apart. The console was a well made unit with a Fisher 440T and a Garrard TT. How did they get away with no visible crossover? They even thought of mirroring the drivers so I don't think they just forgot.
  6. stormking

Premier

Picked up this console a few months back. I've been looking for a modern design Fisher for a few years. It had spent its whole life in a mid century house and is perfect. Hard to believe these are still out there to be found. The 600 in my opinion is better sounding than the other Fisher...
  7. stormking

Not the usual AR

Every time I say no more speakers something shows up I can't leave behind. I found these at a late year estate sale yesterday. I knew AR sold some of their product thru Heathkit, I go to a lot of sales and always look for them. Until yesterday never seen any, even high priced. This pair probably...
  8. stormking

12" Full Range Identification

I picked up a beautiful mono era speaker cabinet built by Cameron Craft out of Oakland California. Looks to be late 1940's early 1950's. This unusual (at least to me) driver is in it, no real identification marks that lead anywhere. As nice as the cabinet is I thought it might be something good...
  9. stormking

Home Brew or WE project?

I'm drawn to well thought out amps that people built in the 50's and 60's. Those guys had some amazing skills and access to great parts. I bought this without looking inside because I knew the guy had worked for Western Electric back in 50's and 60's. Turns out there are a lot of Western...
  10. stormking

Futura Info Needed

Picked up this Futura console. I was going to part it out but I'm having second thoughts. The provincial cabinets aren't the most desirable but this console is in great condition. It also seems to be a very early Futura II if I'm correct. The serial # on the 660a amp is 10222 a. This has some...
  11. stormking

Double Vision

I have seen very few Rek-o-kut tables in the wild here in the PNW, until this summer. I found five during what I like to call my summer of ROK. A couple of B12H's and three LP 743's. But this set up has to be the most unusual ROK unit I've ever seen. Not sure but I'm thinking early DJ unit, I...
  12. stormking

MP-2 Multiplex

Thought someone might like to see this piece of obscure Sansui history I found at an estate sale last weekend. The original owner was a Vietnam era fighter pilot and brought home some nice gear. There was a 1000 there also but I didn't end up with it. This looks like it has never been out of the...
  13. stormking

Webster Chicago

Anybody tried to make one of these early Websters sound good? This one has 331/3 which is a plus for a 1948 turntable. I at least want it to sound decent if possible. Any info appreciated. Dark picture but the table is in nice cosmetic condition. We by , on Flickr
  14. stormking

Not your dads HI-FI.....

but maybe your grandads. I found this Magnavox Windsor at an estate sale this weekend. Very sophisticated for 1948, even has 33 speed on the turntable. A lot of iron came out of this thing to be able to lighten it up. When together I'd estimate it weighs over 300lbs. I never knew Magnavox had...
  15. stormking

Plastic Fantastic

Picked this ADC 1700 up at a garage sale over the weekend. I'm really an Idler & early belt drive kind of person but this was interesting. Never seen a turntable that is like a stealth bomber but it works in a way. Even though this is mostly plastic it is fairly heavy and DD with quartz lock. I...
  16. stormking

Two Piece Mono Block?

Got this mono setup out of a mid 50's console this morning. Thing is I've never seen a power amp like this one. 1625 power tubes 6sn7 and 6sl7 driver tubes. Giant dual chokes and a great output transformer. If i'm right this should put out about 20 watts. The thing is why 2 chassis? 2piece by ...
  17. stormking

Guilty Pleasure

I have to admit I have a soft spot for the compilation albums put out by K-tel, Ronco and the like. Picked up 3 new ones today. The Dick Clark is especially good. You just have to watch out for when they try and fake you out with some strange band playing other stars hits, make sure you buy ones...
  18. stormking

Cart ID

I just can't place this cart for some reason, but it looks familiar. No names or # on the visible parts, it might be on the mounting surface but I didn't want to pull it until I had to. Unknown cart by , on Flickr
  19. stormking

Grado advise needed.

Working on a project that I would like to use a vintage Grado cartridge. I'm not as familiar with these so need some advise from experts. What was the TOTL or best (not always the same) Grado cart in the 1963-64 time period?
  20. stormking

I finally learned my lesson...

I'm not going to try to rejuvenate old idlers anymore. I went to an estate sale on opening morning and saw this nice but dusty Lab 80. I've been good at passing up nice tables at very fair prices lately (have way too many) so left it there. I went back the last hour of closing day for something...
  21. stormking

Acrosound Ultralinear Amp

Anybody know if you can get replacement circuit boards for UL II?
  22. stormking

500TX Meter Light ?

I got a pretty nice 500TX as a throw in when I bought a set of JBL speakers many moons ago. Someone had tried to replace the lights but mucked it up. I've finally got the bug to get it off the storage shelf and sort it out. I've got it all back in place other than the auto scan and signal...
  23. stormking

CS-25a

I've been piecing together an early 1960's pioneer system. My goal was to find all of it in the wild, I knew it would take some time, but after five years I think I've finally found the last piece. Believe it or not the speakers where by far the hardest part. These earlier speakers seem hard to...
  24. stormking

Cab-tek?

I got this at a sale yesterday, it was with a lot of other audio gear. I thought it looks like a turntable plinth but isn't set up that way. the inside is lined with foam. Any ideas what this is? IMG_1071 by , on Flickr IMG_1072 by , on Flickr
  25. stormking

The Summer Replacements

I figure there has got to be be more like me out there, while I listen to tubes almost all year long, late summer is different. I put the tubes away for a couple of months during the dog days of summer and listen to a solid state system. This year it's this all 1976 spectro acoustics stack. The...
Back
Top Bottom