Search results

1. Panamafred

The Progenitor of High Mass Belt Drives: A Components Corp. PBT Found

Yes, and I'm surprised to see such along narrow spindle ... very cool! You spin anything on it yet?
  2. Panamafred

The Progenitor of High Mass Belt Drives: A Components Corp. PBT Found

That is extremely cool! Never hear of one. What are your plans for the project? I'd be curious to see some shots of the motor and platter bearing. Super cool and hope you update this as you go!
  3. Panamafred

Rondine b12h idler wheel and grommet replacement

+1 on the brand new idler from laherbau ... this is a good buy.
  4. Panamafred

Looking for a restored Walkman ... suggestions?

So I have thousands of hours of Grateful Dead shows on tape and a collection of rare ambient/new age cassettes that is taking up more room every year. I have a smart phone with spotify, but I love the simplicity of grabbing a tape and going for a run or mowing the lawn. Lately this has been...
  5. Panamafred

Korvet 003

Such a visually impactful peice of history... can only imagine how satisfying it would be to get up and running again. Can't imagine this was a goodwill find, do you care to share how you stumbled on this interesting find? I love a good found a turntable story
  6. Panamafred

78 Mono Cartridge

I'd recommend a ge-rpx or vr-ii. ! Those are my go tos for 78s
  7. Panamafred

DIY Cantilever Replacement Attempt no. 1

This is great, thanks for sharing .... feeling mildly inspired. Every cartridge retipper had to start somewhere!
  8. Panamafred

Rega P3 Noise

What amplifier/preamp are you using ? Could be a bad transistor in the phono stage... sounds like windy static when they start to go. Swap the left/right rca cable and see if the wind sound moves. If it stays put, your problem isnt the turntable. Good luck!
  9. Panamafred

Pro Ject 1

Zombie thread but an interesting read... Now how the hell did it get bent like that
  10. Panamafred

Denon Power Amp - Mysterious Relay Clicking

WOW. This place rules, must be one of those three relays right? But here's the funny thing. "speaker B" is unengaged . It's only a click here and there but I actually sat on the floor the other day waiting to hear it click and it is definitely coming from the Denon. Thanks for your...
  11. Panamafred

Denon Power Amp - Mysterious Relay Clicking

Good morning all, I've lately been enjoying a Denon Poa-2400 power amp but it is demonstrating some curious behaviors. While in operation it clicks as though the protection relay is activated (same sound as when it starts up) but the music never stops and there is no ill effects on the music...
  12. Panamafred

New to me Lab 440

This was the first decent turntable I had after a decade of suitcase and all in players.... Don't let the "Realistic" label fool you, I love this table and it looks sharp too. Passed mine along to my sister but I'd say you got a good one. Mine had that same cartridge too. Definitely invest...
  13. Panamafred

AR XA saved from the dumpster

Love the white! I will always have an ARXA hooked up in my home somewhere :)
  14. Panamafred

Sweet Rek-O-Kut Rondine Jr L37 find

Nope! I've had a very hard time with that damn motor in the past. Of the three or four I've laid my hands on I could only get one to run at the right speed consistently. Seems like others have had no trouble figuring it out though. Wait till you see how much you enjoy the sound.... you'll be...
  15. Panamafred

Ooooh nice. Had an original mono of that one slip through my fingers. The store didn't notice it was a mono and someone else got it first. You may want to look into playing that with an ancient mono cartridge... I'm under the impression that modern mono records are cut on stereo gear and...
  16. Panamafred

Yes I would definitely look in to all those carts in storage. The RPX is my go to mono cart. Does a lot of things right. I ultimately decided to turn the arm stereo but I enjoyed the mono experience for the while. You will enjoy that Country Joe and the Fish
  17. Panamafred

What a coincidence... I just spent an hour fiddling with the wiring of my 108, I also turned mine into a stereo arm. I just removed the old metal clips and wires and ran 4 wires up to the head shell. I secured the wires with blue sticky tack and have them connected to something like what is...
  18. Panamafred

LOL when you described it as a monster I assumed it would turn out to be a ROK. Where are the other fun little bits you mentioned? Some of those could be worth some big bucks and worthy of the time and effort to get up and running.
  19. Panamafred

It's a 108 ! I was just using mine this morning. Exact same model. Here's the "slides" that cartridges are mounted to. So yes, pretty instant. One fellow in Ukraine makes new ones, otherwise good luck finding an old one. Tracking weight is accomplished with weights attached to the slide...
  20. Panamafred

Nice! Looks like some sort of Rek o Kut and a Gray 108 tonearm. I'd be all over that. The rek o kut will need some love but can be a very satisfying listen. That Gray tonearm is really something special though .... What cartridge is on it? Would be curious to see more pictures of that deck.
  21. Panamafred

How many Turntables do you have active at the same time?

8? AR-XA in the living room, columbia 360 for stacking 78s in the living room. Music room AR the turntable, Rek O Kut B12, Garrard Type A, Custom Rek O Kut belt drive Workshop: Technics 1500 And a victrola in the kitchen Each has a different intended use and on a great morning I will use...
  22. Panamafred

First turntable search

Great place to start! Maybe refresh the needle and spin away.. You will quickly find out that you could really vastly over complicate this in search of better... But I spun records and enjoyed myself on a similar set up for years before going totally off the deep end.
  23. Panamafred

Variable Loudness Control

This is the approach I've settled on, thanks for getting back to me. Having the knob set to flat made for a really aggressive fatiguing sound at higher levels .... sounded great really quiet though. I have to imagine that if this was supposed to be constantly adjusted based off of your...
  24. Panamafred

Okay, so flat is off? Turning it up deadens the sound... so it seems very counter intuitive. I wish the tone bypass control would bypass this knob ! Thank you so much for the quick replies.
  25. Panamafred

Just dragged home a Denon PRA-1200 preamplifier... love the looks and some features but this one knob is really bugging me. I don't like eq's I don't like tone controls and I really don't like this variable Loudness control knob! This is my living room system and I want playback to be as...
Back
Top Bottom