Search results

1. S

Tape Machines At Abandoned Radio Station

Yea, I was a DJ for several years--what memories to see this video. Those funny memorabilia pictures, logos, etc.--I remember very well. I was at different stations, and it seemed that each station had it's own theme of artistic photos. That one group of tape decks makes me wonder if that was...
  2. S

TEAC A-4300SX for sale, showing head wear photo

I let this one go, as I decided it was too much head wear. Thanks for all the comments.
  3. S

TEAC A-4300SX for sale, showing head wear photo

I'm looking at an ad of a TEAC A-4300SX for sale on the internet that has been serviced and supposedly operating within specs. I've researched a lot about head wear, and the general consensus seems to be if a wear-slot is about a 1/4", that's too much. The seller provided this photo of 3 of...
  4. S

Looking for restored Teac A-4300SX

Looking for a restored Teac A-4300SX that's been properly adjusted to within operating specs. I'm checking various sources all the time, but I'd thought I would put out a notice here, too. Thanks.
  5. S

CD BURNER with varying gap times?

I've been out on the internet briefly today finding out that it is possible to vary the gap times between songs/tracks during a burning to CD session. I've always used ITunes to burn to CD with the standard 2 sec. gap, and it has worked very well for me. But, now I have a special project that...
  6. S

NOS Tape Decks for sale--stored for years--good or bad?

I've noticed at times NOS(new old stock) tape decks would come up for sale that were either brand new and never used or brand new and used very little. The claim is usually something like they have been in storage for years. I'm just wondering if this long term storage may do more harm than...
  7. S

Heads on Teac A-4300SX?

OK, guys, thanks for the extra comments. So far, the 2 comments about if the heads are moved, it will cause tape wear--causes me extreme alarm, as my main reason to buy a reel deck is to archive many 7" reels that my Dad made back in the 50's. I planned on doing it 2 ways--transfer to NEW...
  8. S

Heads on Teac A-4300SX?

I would like to get some more comments--especially from some Teac people. Thanks.
  9. S

Heads on Teac A-4300SX?

I am just getting back into reel to reel decks. I'm interested in a Teac A-4300SX. The people who restored it are posting a list of things repaired, such as: contacts/switches cleaned, capstan cleaned/lubed, speeds checked, heads cleaned/aligned, etc. They even showed these clear photos of...
Back
Top Bottom