Search results

1. wisnowski1

Integrated Amp Suggestions (CA Azur 851A)

So the Amp came a couple days after I posted this thread. It's a total improvement over the old Sansui I was using. It better be for the price tag on it. I think it sounds wonderful. With the Sansui, my ears would become fatigued and the highs would on occasion make me cringe. Thats all gone...
  2. wisnowski1

I looked up the sphinx and really liked what I saw. I dig the minimalist look and that they're made in Philly. The Cambridge being made in China scares me, but only slightly.
  3. wisnowski1

I understand now. Thanks for the explanation.
  4. wisnowski1

I do have a phono stage, the Vincent mentioned in initial post. Which is why I would prefer not having one bundled into an amp. I didn't think much of the REC IN/OUT or monitoring feature. I do have a reel to reel but it started malfunctioning, and haven't used it in a very long time because of...
  5. wisnowski1

Im looking for suggestions on an integrated amplifier. I just placed an order for the Cambridge Audio Azur 851A after reading a few "professional" reviews. I live in an area w/o a Hi-Fi place to audition equipment. It can be returned after I audition at my home and if I'm not happy. I like...
  6. wisnowski1

Pics of your listening space

Been couple years since I've done any upgrades. But a graduation gift to myself, in the form of a Vincent Pho-700 phono preamp, warranted a pic. Have it paired with Pro-ject table, Sansui 6060, AR-2ax speakers, there's a Schitt modi DAC hiding around with a mac-mini, pro-ject speedbox. The...
  7. wisnowski1

Favorite "Under the Radar" movie?

Love Liza A dark comedy. It was the movie that made me notice Philip Seymour Hoffman and eventually put him as my favorite actor to watch.
  8. wisnowski1

Won't Streaming Music "Obsolete" Ripping Our Collections?

I have never used tidal so I am not familiar with all its features. But I posted just before that comment saying that paying 20 bucks a month for tidal service isn't in the cards because there are so many other media services (to include TV and movie services) I'd rather pay for.
  9. wisnowski1

Agreed! I don't want to sit and hope they play my jam.
  10. wisnowski1

I don't have an unlimited data plan on my phone so I hardly ever stream music. I feel like streaming is good for car rides, but since my data plan is so low I don't ever do this. Streaming for me is more about hearing music that I didn't know I wanted to hear. So I'll occasionally stream...
  11. wisnowski1

Are we fading away?

I've been around for about a year. Ive been coming far less over the last month or two. One reason being I'm pretty busy with school and work... but also the thread topics are all the same. "Vintage vs New" "Are speaker spikes worth it" "I just bought a SX-whatever receiver" I love the...
  12. wisnowski1

Advent ID

advent/1 ?
  13. wisnowski1

Favorite Movie Soundtrack Albums

Pretty decent movie. The eighties were kinda before my time. This movie had me realize that the 80's was more than just horrible hair metal. Donnie Darko showed me some pretty good 80's jams as well. Good luck on your search... I would guess that would be a difficult LP to find (and 100...
  14. wisnowski1

Which band does the best covers ?

The Killers seem to pick some songs that fit their style very well. Bette Davis Eyes (Kim Karnes), Here come the Dancing Horses (Echo and the Bunnymen), Romeo and Juliet (Dire Straights) all come to mind as very solid covers by them.
  15. wisnowski1

To get a smart TV or to get a android TV box?

I realize that you are asking specifically about an android box but if you are willing to wait a month or two I would for the new Apple tv that is supposed to be released. Rumors are that it should be a major update to the line. I already love my apple tv so it's interesting to see what they'll...
  16. wisnowski1

My simple system

not exactly sure what the Schiit piece is but I would guess that component has DAC capabilities... and probably isn't that cheap.
  17. wisnowski1

Favorite Movie Soundtrack Albums

Garden State Adventureland
  18. wisnowski1

The Advent/1

Ive had two pair. I would repair right away, listen, then sell if you don't like em. I enjoyed my time with them but gifted one pair and sold the other. Theres a thread for advent speakers that lists all the different models and years.
  19. wisnowski1

Does anyone know who to contact regarding mean Salvation Army employees?

+1 I didn't expect the responses to be so in favor of the employee when I read the original post, but Im very glad they are. So many people really believe that the "customer is always right." Leave the kid alone. He answered your question and called it a day. Sometimes people aren't...
  20. wisnowski1

Pressed to the Edge: Why vinyl hype is destroying the record

If you go to shows all the merch booths sell vinyl. They are big sellers at these shows. Even people who don't have a way to play them buy em' for the cover art. A site I use to buy most of my new releases is called "interpunk.com". 90 percent of the time they sell both the cd and vinyl...
  21. wisnowski1

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I couldn't think of the other gear I found that summer but your post reminded me (we never forget our first I guess). I found 2 pairs of advent/1's on separate occasions. Used one pair for quite a while till I recently sold one and gifted the other to my brother. I was pumped to find these...
  22. wisnowski1

YES! haha I'm very familiar with the score you pictured here. I remember when you posted it and the feelings of jealousy it aroused in me.
  23. wisnowski1

Future audio gems

Not sure what 120 film is but I thought film was still around. I know there's a market for 35mm cameras still. And when it comes to filming, there's still some filmmakers who will use film... I believe Paul Thomas Anderson used 9mm for the Master. He wanted a specific look that only film can give.
  24. wisnowski1

I started frequenting thrift stores this time last year. One of my first trips I found a pair of Marantz Imperial 6's (I was pretty much hooked on the "thrill of the hunt" aspect from there on). Found a few other pieces throughout the summer but things dried up after the season. Haven't found...
Back
Top Bottom