Search results

1. F

F adapter question

Thanks, Bob, that certainly seems viable. Regards, Lake
  2. F

F adapter question

Thanks for the replies. It isn't an intentional attenuator though it may look like other attenuators. I've seen them for other types of connectors as well. Here is a link to the one on topic: F-Type Coax Male to Female Adapter Edited to add that this same adapter is listed on eBay as well from...
  3. F

F adapter question

Hi John, Thanks for the reply, but it would seem the two cables would connect without this adapter. Regards, Lake
  4. F

F adapter question

Hi, Does anyone know for what purpose the screw-on F female to to screw-on F male adapter is used? I don't mean the push-on F male to F female or the right angle adapter, I mean the straight-through one. The only thing I can think of is to give a bit of extension to an F jack such as...
  5. F

General Information on Antennas?

You can start with the FM Reception Guide. Regards, Lake DeLoach FM DX Antenna Co
  6. F

Antennas are strange things!

Sk8ter, Yes, you can, that will work without a problem. Just use a splitter/combiner and give it a try. Regards, Lake DeLoach FM DX Antenna Co FM Reception Guide FM Antenna Connector Guide
  7. F

Best AM antenna?

Second on the Terk AM Advantage, they work great, have great value for the performance and are available at Amazon: Terk AM Advantage Also, the C Crane Twin Coil Ferrite AM Antenna is solid as well: Twin Coil AM Antenna at Amazon Regards, Lake DeLoach FM DX Antenna Co
  8. F

Does a large outdoor dipole make sense?

Hi, I would compare it to an antenna in a car and motion doesn't really have any impact on mobile reception so I wouldn't think some motion would make that much difference. Of course, the closer you can get it to the trunk, the more support it will get. Please let me know if you have...
  9. F

Newbie question, connecting two FM antennas simultaneously

Hi Tim, I've always thought, "go with what works" and it sounds like it is working for you. It certainly isn't going to hurt anything Regards, Lake http://www.fmdxantenna.com AM FM Reception Guide
  10. F

AM question

swend, I like the terk idea, although running 20-30' of wire (any type in particular) around the house is an attractive idea, I assume higher up is better? I could put it right under the eave of the roof. Height matters little with AM signals so it is not necessary to place your antenna...
  11. F

AM question

Here is a second on the Terk Advantage, which is widely available and works fantastic, particularly inductively coupled. Kaito makes one that is available on Amazon and is a bit cheaper alternative. These small tuned loops work great and are not expensive. They are directional and...
  12. F

What kind of connector is this?????

You actually need the following connector from Radio Shack: 278-265 You have a PAL Male so you need the PAL Female to F adapter Radio Shack sells. For more info, the following is a guide to FM connectors: FM Antenna Connector Guide Regards, Lake DeLoach FM DX Antenna Co
  13. F

what is a good small indoor antenna for Sansui T80?

Tom, I sent you a PM to answer your questions so as not to steal the thread. I did include a link to additional FM reception info: FM Reception Guide Thanks, Lake FM DX Antenna Co
  14. F

Bob@FM, That document addresses a Yamaha T80 (as you said) and the OP said (twice) that he has a Sansui T80. If I'm missing something, my apologies in advance. Lake
  15. F

Hi, If you'll click the FM antennas ad banner below or go to this link, there are a couple of sets of rabbit ears available. There are instructions for tuning them and best orientation and such. I also have some rabbit ears with 300 ohm lead from the base to the twin spade connectors. They...
  16. F

FM Antenna Connector Guide may help: FM Antenna connector Guide Regards, Lake
  17. F

FM reception antenna recommendation

My suggestion is if you have 6 feet of vertical clearance go with the 1/2 wave dipole, if you don't have 6 feet then go with the round omni. Any questions, please hit me with them. Regards, Lake
  18. F

Antenna Connector Pic Request

It is 278-265 that is needed, that is the PAL female to F female.
  19. F

That looks like the PAL connector. It would appear the center post is large enough that a push on F would not make a good connection. A push on F can go on that jack but from what it looks like in the picture wouldn't fit the same as a PAL female adapter. Thanks for the great picture! Lake
  20. F

FM Connector Guide FM Connector Guide
  21. F

If you come across another 1000 or 2000 and would not mind trying the PAL female, it would be great. The pictures I have of the connectors on the 1000 and 2000 are identical to the T-85 but without trying one, we can't be sure. Thanks again! Lake
  22. F

Hi Mike, That is what I thought we would eventually find. I have pictures of the connectors on both the TX-1000 and TX-2000 and they are PAL as well it appears, I mean they look EXACTLY like the other pictures of PAL receptacles. I have read the manuals on those 4 Yamahas and there was either...
  23. F

Would like to give a preliminary and general summary of FM antenna connectors for FM tuners or receivers that will be true for 99%+ of people with standard domestic US units. If you have 2 screws or spring clips you need a 300 ohm transformer. However, if the screws are marked 75 ohms just skin...
  24. F

Thanks, I sell them as well so I have dozens of all the adapters.
  25. F

Everyone's input on this is much appreciated and any information is valuable. Right now, I believe the fact that I can't located any manufacturers of the pushon F receptacle is very telling. The guide will be available free online and I'll put a link to it in the links sticky at the top of...
Back
Top Bottom