Search results

1. jbjsr

Tonearm cable pressing against base is it ok?

The Furutech AG-12 is available with a 90 degree DIN connector for similar situations to yours. https://www.analogueseduction.net/tonearm-cables/furutech-ag-12-tonearm-cable.html
  2. jbjsr

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Oldie but such a goodie. Stanton 680EE cartridge w/ NOS D680 stylus mounted on AudioQuest arm.
  3. jbjsr

Jelco TS-550S or SA-750EB?

I agree with the other owners. I’ve had the 550S MII and currently have a 750D and AQ-PT. I really don’t think there is very much performance difference between the arms. You have a nice setup with the 550 and would stick with it.
  4. jbjsr

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Recently acquired Audio Technica AT7V cartridge / stylus mounted on a Yamamoto HS-2 head-shell on a Jelco SA-750 arm.
  5. jbjsr

Signet MR 5.0 Basic Cartridge - Stylus Recommendations

Has anyone had experience with this AT7V stylus from LPTunes? Are all the MR 5.0 model cartridge bodies the same? https://lptunes.com/products/stylus-for-signet-mr-5-0ml-cartridge
  6. jbjsr

Thank you Manfred.
  7. jbjsr

Thanks Manfred. Will use with a Kenwood KD-500 direct drive table with Jelco SA-750 medium mass tonearm. Sim Audio Moon LP110 phono pre.
  8. jbjsr

Came with broken MRb stylus. Which Audio Technica family styli will fit this body?
  9. jbjsr

Appreciate jbjsr

Thanks Jay. Ditto.
  10. jbjsr

The Official Kenwood KD 500/550 and 600/650 Owner's Thread

Another option is to try the Jelco arm on your KD-650. You will probably need a new armboard. Jelco uses a 30mm mounting hole.
  11. jbjsr

I've not owned a 650 so can't speak to the arm. I can tell you I've been very satisfied with the Jelco SA-750D. Jelco also made a number of quality private label OEM arms for AudioQuest, Sumiko, AR, etc.
  12. jbjsr

Welcome to AK. Nice find on the Jelco arm. I believe the SA-750ED model is a 10” arm. I’ve found the Kenwood / Jelco combo to be a good match. I’m currently running a Jelco SA-750D 9” arm with the aftermarket mounting collar from Ammonite Audio on my KD-500.
  13. jbjsr

Trashed 1219, any parts I should save?

I would save the platter / mat and motor for sure.
  14. jbjsr

Pleasure doing business with @cnolanh

@cnolanh recently sold me a vintage Audio Technica ATLS500 cart with two OEM styli. Clean as described and prompt shipping. Thank you Nolan.
  15. jbjsr

Jelco Tonearms

I sent a message to the seller yesterday morning requesting pictures of the arm. Couple hours later I looked to see if the seller posted any additional pictures and all the arms were gone. Checked just now and what looks like some of the same arms are back up for sale under another seller name...
  16. jbjsr

Jelco Tonearms

No worries. Thanks for the reply.
  17. jbjsr

Jelco Tonearms

'Fabrique en Japon' on the side of the box.
  18. jbjsr

Jelco Tonearms

FYI. I received an auto notification this morning from Xbay. There is a seller with no sales or feedback selling quite a few new in the box Jelco tonearms. Note: No Affiliation May want to try to verify they are genuine product or ask the seller to post pictures of the arm. Seller only posted...
  19. jbjsr

Realistic Lab 400 cartridges/stylus

^^^ Agree with the above. The rebranded Shure M95 is a very good cartridge. Of course finding a good replacement stylus you like is the key. If you feel you want to try something new the current offerings from Audio Technica, Ortofon, and Grado, etc are available pre-mounted on a SME style...
  20. jbjsr

Stanton 680EL MK1

You might try the Voice of Music website. He is a reliable source with good customer service IMO. (Note: no afflation with these vendors other than a customer of VOM). Also, to help broaden your search and possible options the Pickering XV15 styli fit the Stanton 680/681 cartridges...
  21. jbjsr

Well Tempered Lab Table

Thanks to all that posted. You are correct @oldsculler the table is the same model as yours. In the meantime, the seller found the OM and confirmed the table is a Classic model with 12" arm and round motor drive. I don't own the table and at this point I'm considering it. See attached pictures.
  22. jbjsr

Well Tempered Lab Table

I have an opportunity to pick up an original owner WT table. I think it is a Reference model vs. Classic but does not have a model name on the back. l have limited knowledge of this brand and have done a bit of research to try to educate myself. I'm not sure the design of the arm and...
  23. jbjsr

Tonearm ID? Black and gold plate? Belonged to my dad Bimasta

Here is the info on subscribing to Bartertown. $25 / year. Hope this helps. Go to your profile and in the menu under Account Upgrades is a link for Subscriptions. You must click it and then you are walked through the payment process. Link: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?account/upgrades
  24. jbjsr

What's my boggle with phono preamps?

Mike, It would be interesting to get your perspective on the preferred units you've tried. Maybe from the overall SQ and Quiet categories.
  25. jbjsr

What's my boggle with phono preamps?

For me trying a new phono pre is an interesting part of the vinyl hobby. Currently using the Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 SE which is not particularly the quietest. Overall SQ is excellent.
Back
Top Bottom