Search results

1. 41woodie

Time to upgrade, opinions please

I originally posted this on the receivers forum and it was suggested that I'd get more responses on this forum. I want to make a step up from my old Rotel RX-400A. I've spent several weeks reading reviews and opinions and have narrowed my search down to a Sansui G series (7700 or higher), a...
  2. 41woodie

Decision Time

I'm too old to start collecting multiple amps & receivers but I want to make a step up from my old Rotel RX-400A. I've spent several weeks reading reviews and opinions and have narrowed my search down to a Sansui G series (7700 or higher), a Luxman R- 115 or 117 and a couple of tempting...
  3. 41woodie

Rotel RX-400A fuse question

So I decided to dig out the RX-400A that I purchased new back in the day. Everything fired right up but the right channel was dead as a carp. It's never been opened up so thought it might be time, I hosed it down with deox and started with the easy stuff and hallelujah there's a blown fuse on...
  4. 41woodie

Yamaha R-9 market question

I'm currently listening to the Rotel RX-400A that I bought new back in the 70's slowly die and am looking around for a suitable replacement. I've noticed that Yamaha R-9 aren't bringing much money. The only con that I've seen in searching for info is that they run hot when in Class A mode...
  5. 41woodie

Excited about new turntable toy

Thursday, after a short wait, I received my Dual 1229 from Bill Neumann. Wasn't able to mess with it yesterday but now I have the weekend to do the set-up and see what I have. Must say that dealing with Bill was pleasant and painless. Now to dig out all of the old 33 & 78s I've been waiting...
  6. 41woodie

Converting vinyl to CDs

I'm in the process of putting together a very modest system to play and convert my old vinyl. My turntable parameters are: ability to play 33, 45 and 78. Automatic operation (I'm lazy), reasonable price (200-400), decent sound (my hearing is not the best, so a lot of high end ability would be...
  7. 41woodie

From Oklahoma

Hoping to learn enough to put together a modest system to play and record my old 33, 45 & 78s. My hearing isn't what it used to be so the finer points are somewhat lost on me but still want to hear a decent quality product. I first got interested while stationed in Japan during the sixties...
Back
Top Bottom