Search results

1. Chiliarches

“Question about the process of buying and selling” a reel to reel

What are the important functional/condition points to note when selling a reel to reel tape deck? Thanks!
  2. Chiliarches

What is the value of a Teac X-10R reel to reel?

In good working condition, recently serviced, etc. Thanks!
  3. Chiliarches

Is this the routine you use for ultrasonic cleaning?

I am finally getting around to using my ultrasonic record cleaner. I bought an isonic several months ago. Here’s the record cleaning routine the manufacturer recommends: https://youtu.be/0PJUB9HTLWo In summary: run in water with cleaning solution for five minutes, drain water and...
  4. Chiliarches

Horrible sounds from equalizer

OK that is what I thought...I bought it preassembled from the maker, so I will email him and ask. I don't have the schematic since I didn't buy the kit. Thank you.
  5. Chiliarches

Horrible sounds from equalizer

Hello, all. I finally have a preamp with tape loops (yay!). I have put an equalizer in the tape loop…but I am having problems. I believe I have it set up correctly. The tape out from the preamp goes to the input on the equalizer…and the output on the equalizer goes to the tape in on the...
  6. Chiliarches

Good, affordable interconnects and power cords for a ~20' run between preamp and amps?

Hello all. Due to my room layout and other logistical concerns, I likely need about 20' interconnects (single ended) between my preamp and my amps. I know there can be negative impacts on the sound with interconnect runs this length...what cables would you recommend? In the past, I have used...
  7. Chiliarches

Ultrasonic record cleaner question....

Oh sweet, I see that it was addressed already, thank you!
  8. Chiliarches

^^Anybody have any comments on this question? Want to buy one of these but would like to save the $120 if I can.
  9. Chiliarches

DAC with a remote...that I can program for the Amazon Firestick?

But if it can’t be programmed to the Firestick remote - that’s probably do-able!
  10. Chiliarches

DAC with a remote...that I can program for the Amazon Firestick?

As the title says...any suggestions for a DAC with a remote (and multiple inputs) that can be controlled by the Amazon Firestick remote? Not looking for the best sound quality, just looking for TV convenience in a vintage setup.
  11. Chiliarches

Isonic owners...is it correct to say that this: https://smile.amazon.com/iSonic-P4875II-Ultrasonic-Protectors-Concentrate/dp/B07FP9XZ9N/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=isonic+record+cleaner&qid=1609884799&sr=8-5 Plus this...
  12. Chiliarches

Building shelves on wall above speakers for gear ... good idea?

I do not have the luxury of separate listening and TV rooms unfortunately. . I am willing to put a blanket over it or hang a thick curtain or whatever...got any ideas on that?
  13. Chiliarches

Thank you! That makes good sense ... but ... I though that conventional wisdom dictates that shorter speaker cables are more important than shorter interconnects? Also, I’ve tried to keep speaker cable runs to the absolute minimum because of the damping factor of my amp (a McIntosh MC2105 with...
  14. Chiliarches

Hrmmmm? Any ideas? Are these dumb questions?
  15. Chiliarches

Howdy all! I am in the process of arranging my basement (for both layout and sound) and moved my speakers to the end of the room where the fireplace is. Much nicer layout, but if I want to use the fireplace I can’t leave equipment on it. Components are currently jumbled across the fireplace...
  16. Chiliarches

Good Movies without Sex-Violence-Language

I thought this was a delight -
  17. Chiliarches

Two Equalizers on one tape loop?

Thank you! So, to clarify the chain: Tape Out -> Rek-O-Kut -> EQ -> Monitor In ?
  18. Chiliarches

I don’t get it. :)
  19. Chiliarches

Is there any concern with running TWO equalizers through a single tape loop? I have a ton of 78 records to listen to and want to use a Rek-O-Kit Re-Equalizer in the tape loop...but I want to use a normal graphic equalizer at the same time. Thank you!
  20. Chiliarches

McIntosh based Systems

See my reply above, meant to quote/reply to your message but quoted cjmustang instead. Too high!
  21. Chiliarches

McIntosh based Systems

No, way too high. I bought mine from Audio Classics (so restored to spec by the best Mac dealer/repair shop in the USA) for $1,100 plus shipping.
  22. Chiliarches

Wired IEMs for travel...

Thanks, I’ll look those up... Anyone got an opinion on the Shure SE-215?
  23. Chiliarches

Wired IEMs for travel...

Howdy all! Looking for a good set of IEMs for travel that I can use on the plane or in a hotel room...here's my wish list: Excellent sealing (don't want to hear ambient noise) Neutral tone (maybe warm-ish side of neutral, my main concern is clarity) Under $100 Any suggestions? Thank you!
  24. Chiliarches

DAC and Phono Stage quality of C2500?

The recent "modern" one with the remote? That seems both hard to find and quite a bit more expensive...unless I am missing something. I do love "vintage" looking stuff. It's supposed to be similar (or the same as) a C2300 internally, right?
Back
Top Bottom