Search results

1. 72Norton

Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon"

Mine has a logo on the back cover that says Harvest, and it says 1973 The Gramophone Company, Limited at the bottom. I'll have to look when I get home to see if anything is written in the dead wax. NM for $26. I haven't got to hear it yet because my TT is not ready. :( It just says "Sean" on...
  2. 72Norton

Happy Canada Day

... to all our good neighbors to the north!
  3. 72Norton

Worst vinyl issue yet - Judas Priest Nostradamus

It's a plot to kill the vinyl resurgence.
  4. 72Norton

How to install AC cord?

OK! It's not polarized, so I'm good to go. I figured as much, but I had visions of plugging it in and frying the whole thing so I wanted to ask to be sure. Thanks!
  5. 72Norton

How to install AC cord?

How to install AC cord on a Dual 1019? I have a Dual 1019 that came out of a console, and did not come with a power cord. I have a 1218 parts table that I salvaged the power cord from. The Molex connector was still attached to the 1019. but I have three red wires and no idea how they should go...
  6. 72Norton

Are these the good Fishers or not?

OK, thanks. I really wanted vintage anyway, and these don't look vintagy.
  7. 72Norton

Are these the good Fishers or not?

I found some Fisher speakers on CL. I have a picture but I can't determine the model number. I've tried Google image search, but no joy. I tried Googling Fisher speaker model in images, but can't find one that looks like this. I found a post on AK that has an extensive list of pictures and...
  8. 72Norton

My (new) AR SUPER XA!

I love the AR's - nothing nicer in my opinion. That is a beautiful turntable.
  9. 72Norton

A TD 125 bites the dust - or how NOT to pack

My condolences to the OP. I always hate seeing these beautiful machines ruined. I guess I was lucky in a way. I bought a Dual 1218 that was "for parts or repair". The seller said that the platter turned "sometimes". I bought it for the plinth to put on my 1019. They had good feedback and had...
  10. 72Norton

Found a Neil Young Unplugged In My Yard

What a harvest!
  11. 72Norton

I know nothing about styliuses

Thanks Gerard. It's good to know that there ARE some quality replacement styliosaurusi available for this cart. I'm thrilled to learn that it is indeed a good cartridge. I didn't know that, so when I bought the table I also bought a Shure M91EDM thinking it was an upgrade. I know it's still a...
  12. 72Norton

As promised, my parent's Thorens TD 124

Very nice table. I have to stop looking at these Thorens tables. I would like to see closer shots of the plinth. It's really hard to ascertain what type of wood it is unless you can see the grain. Your dad might be 94 but that doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about. After all, he...
  13. 72Norton

Portable Transcription Turntables

All I wanna know now is, where can I get me somma them playing cards?
  14. 72Norton

Why didn't I think of that? Maybe not a dealer but I might try Sound Gallery in Austin this weekend. It's Father's Day after all, I get to do what I want to!
  15. 72Norton

...and that leads to my next question. How do I tell what condition the stylus is in? I can't tell much with my magnifying glass.
  16. 72Norton

The stylus says D1200 on top.
  17. 72Norton

Portable Transcription Turntables

What is a transcription player? I've seen this term and have been meaning to ask.
  18. 72Norton

Glad to know that it is a good cartridge. I will have a closer look at it when I get home.
  19. 72Norton

I'm well aware of that. I often engage in self-deprecating humor of a sort. I was motivated to it by the recent "stylist" question. I thought that my thorough mangling of the spelling would make that obvious.
  20. 72Norton

I just received a Dual 1019 that came with a Pickering cartridge that says XV15 on the bottom. Not sure about the stylus... I don't know anything about removing it, so I didn't attempt to do so. I also bought a Shure M91EDM with a Hi-Track stylus. It was easy to see how that stylus is removed...
  21. 72Norton

Beatles on MFSL

I may be an idiot I may have made a grievous error in this post. The Mobil Fidelity recording was from the MMT and the recording that I described as "original" was actually from The Beatles "1967-1970" (Blue) album. It did not occur to me that the compilation album may have been inferior to...
  22. 72Norton

1019 has arrived

OK, thanks. It looks like I have LOT to learn.
  23. 72Norton

1019 has arrived

Other stuff I got I got these "bonus" items with my Shure cartridge and Hi-Track stylus: What is the tan plastic thing? I was thinking it was a place holder for the headshell, but I have no clue. How does the brush fit onto the headshell? Here is a shot of the Pickering cartridge...
  24. 72Norton

Speak to me about SUTs

Wow, that was a very clear explanation that even I can understand. Thanks.
  25. 72Norton

1019 has arrived

Good to know. I got the table at what I thought to be a very fair price as it was.
Back
Top Bottom